PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the giveaways

popcorn
28-03-2013, 07:51 PM
I see another 3 million giveaway event has started what does everyone think of the offers

Rentochops
28-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Like the Crafter's Companion CD, I have a Kanban kit done by the same artist. The HD kit looks good value but a bit samey.

englishminx
29-03-2013, 05:25 AM
Sadly not new stuff, the promarker deal is good value, with free p&p but i have them all. The d-lites would have been good on the same deal, except it is the ones most people didnt want. Havent see anything like normal deals.

shall save my pennies for clarity sale, my craft shop easter sale, crafters 20% voucher and ally pally (wont have any pennies to pay for the air i breathe let alone eat after all that )

budgie
29-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Nothing has tempted me yet.

Dips
29-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Like the Crafter's Companion CD, I have a Kanban kit done by the same artist. The HD kit looks good value but a bit samey.

I like the stamps for this range but would like a mix of Set 1 and Set2 so will wait until they appear on the CC site. I've got that Kanban kit too so the stamps will be work well with them.

jube
29-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Nothing so far and I still have my Christmas money to spend.

morgana123
29-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Havent seen any of it yet - been on night shift but want to take a look at the crafters cd rom. Got the promarkers, didnt want the d lites first time around so dont want them now and on the quick look I have had around the other shows on this weekend doubt if I will be ordering. That may change monday as I do want a melt pot but depends on the price.

soby
29-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Must admit went for a couple of the DCWV paper pads and the paddington kit for my twins! I already have a lot of pro markers and wasn, t tempted by the D Lites. I missed the original Kanban Frou Frou kit as I couldn't afford it when it was with QVC. Didn't want the cd format and l would have possibly gone for it if it was in the paper form kit! Just bought the Hunkydory BB so sitting on my hands at the moment for the windows of the heart kit!

roofiegoofie
29-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Nothing has temped me yet as we'll. but I have been spending a lot lately with comple distress ink pad and storage case just rite stamps and spellies and the new crafters companion magazine which has got fab freebies!!

kaz
29-03-2013, 09:57 AM
I've ordered promarkers. I'm watching quite a lot of it as I'm having a lazy day today.

Jacksmissis
29-03-2013, 11:02 AM
:mysmilie_492:

I've had a shuftie at the listed progs but havent come up with anything that I really need. I'm really looking forward to the Summer Crafting now - doesnt look like anymore big shows before and then Harrogate in October or NEC Nov.

kinglake
29-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Nothing for me yet!

Chalet School Fan
29-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Nor for me. I've been to tempted by Winspiration and her Kanban bargains to need/want anything else for a while!

pammyw
29-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Yes winspriation has done it for me as well, only really looked her web when it was mentioned on this site when Kanban when to the wall, bought two lots so far, brilliant delivery, best I've every seen!! Will use her site again and again. also got Kanban stuff which was years ago, (elvis on the music and dance theme, (the cards sold really well!) and the christmas bonnie and billy, (mum in law loved the cards I made with the christmas theme), so chuffed to be able to buy it again.

Dips
29-03-2013, 02:39 PM
The whole Frou Frou range is now available to Inspire Club Members on the CC site, including 2 stamps exclusive to their members and the discount code Agelesscraft posted is still valid. So I've just bought my choice of four of the stamps and am very happy :). Those images are just my thing. I like the CD, but I'm not buying any more CDs as I just never, ever use them :(

jr77
29-03-2013, 10:05 PM
I like the Frou Frou images but would prefer to just get digikit. I did have a dive in the bins today and bought some bazzil papers and the craft geek wire jig which I've been telling myself I didn't need for ages but really couldn't resist it at that price.

iggy
30-03-2013, 12:22 PM
ive just got the CC mag [ just for the freebies .....sheens pebeo are cheaper elsewhere.....so so far hubby is very happy

Muffintop
30-03-2013, 03:17 PM
:mysmilie_512: I cracked and bought the skin tone and neutrals promarkers with free p&p. I already have some but though I would stock up as I am determined to up my rubber stamping skills which are not as good as they should be.

I bought the CC mag direct from CC as it was cheaper then on C&C even with postage. I am really nervous now as there will be some quilting stuff coming up which is on flexi-pay.

Dips
30-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Enjoy your purchases, Muffintop and have fun!

Muffintop
30-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Enjoy your purchases, Muffintop and have fun!

I cracked. Went on the site and there was a jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabric half-price at £15.99 less club discount. Well, it would have been rude to have ignored it wouldn't it? :blush:

budgie
30-03-2013, 05:21 PM
I stil haven't been tempted. The only thing so far that would have tempted me, is Sheena's stamps. Bought them the last time there were on though!

jr77
30-03-2013, 06:48 PM
I've been rummaging in the bins again :blush:. There are some great scrapbooking bargains still left.

RozMinis
30-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Nothing to interest me, let alone tempt me. Not that I've seen all that many programs to be honest. Not spending anything anyway as I would like some money left for my hols. Also want a quick trip to York sometime to test out the bus service, so will need a bit of spending money then.

Roz

Belinda B
30-03-2013, 07:46 PM
I thought the graphic45 shadow boxes etc in the sales bins were good value so I got a couple of each.

Mistyblue
30-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Not bought anything. I did put the HD kit & the inserts in my basket, almost checked out then didn't. I thought before I bought and realised that like ROC said, the kit was too similar to others recently released. I'm a good girl, I am (said in my best Eliza Doolittle voice)!!

Teacherspet
30-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm watching some shows just out of interest but not buying - that would mean updating my card details and I don't want that info on their website anymore.
I have put in a preorder for the one and only D-lite that I wanted (icon have it for under £9) and will get a few die cut shapes from Ebay for the odd one or two cards that I will make rather than buy the dies. As for kits I don't buy them and I have a full set of promarkers.

So my money is being saved for Ally Pally............

jr77
31-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Ooops! I bought the Kate Hadfield Serif set too. Much cheaper than buying all ten sets as downloads from Daisy Trail. Not struck by Brannigan but as it's included it may suprise me. I've learnt that sometimes CD's I don't like on the face of it are the ones that prove most useful.

Dips
31-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I think you could create the effect by using PVA glue, mica powders, glitter and alcohol inks on plain acetate, if you fancy having a play around.

agelesscraft
31-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Notice they have a clarity stamp & some cross stitch in the bins now.

Lindz
31-03-2013, 10:29 AM
I've treated myself to Crafters Companion deal but the giveaways don't tempt me and Kanban is 'avin a larf'. I bought the lilac rose kit before xmas for £17.99 with club discount, ok it was a blockbuster but now they have it on at £10 dearer than the blockbuster price. So there is no event reduction, they are just throwing in some ribbon. I will say for what I paid it was worth every penny, it is lovely but I wouldn't have paid the full price.

RozMinis
31-03-2013, 07:32 PM
They are havin' a larf with the chocolate wotsit too. Free chocolate indeed, they included that with the machine the first time round.

Roz

Dips
31-03-2013, 08:31 PM
I think you could create the effect by using PVA glue, mica powders, glitter and alcohol inks on plain acetate, if you fancy having a play around.

Before you all think I've been on the Easter Sherry, I posted this answer in Julie's acetate thread, I've no idea how it ended up in this thread!

Julie
31-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Before you all think I've been on the Easter Sherry, I posted this answer in Julie's acetate thread, I've no idea how it ended up in this thread!

I did sort of wonder !!! :glass:

I had a go with shrink plastic, left it on a baking dish, forgot what I had done and promptly ate it the next day :giggle:

morgana123
31-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Still not been tempted by anything and am dithering about the frou frou cd but if I gef that it will be direct from crafters so better make up my mind before the 20% discount code ends tonite lol.

But I have a feeling that Hels may tempt me greatly tomorrow lol.

jr77
31-03-2013, 11:10 PM
I did sort of wonder !!! :glass:

I had a go with shrink plastic, left it on a baking dish, forgot what I had done and promptly ate it the next day :giggle:

Did you get that shrinking feeling when you realised Julie? :grin:

jr77
31-03-2013, 11:11 PM

I knew that!

freedom99
01-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Does anyone know when it's over only its starting to feel like Groundhog Day.lol

I can only get free view in my craftroom and I'm going crazy.lol

budgie
01-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Think today is the last day. Still not been tempted by anything.

Alice3_2009
01-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Just the Frou Frou cds despite saying I would never buy another cc one and their teeny images (mainly decoupage -too many teeny layers) ever again.

morgana123
01-04-2013, 12:57 PM
As I already had the first creative expressions book I was quite disappointed with the Melt Pot Giveaway - could at least have been a pot of UTEE to get you started - so I went on an internet search and found two places that have the melt pot in stock - Craft Obsessions at £33.50 and Maddy Lisa Crafts at £29.99 so guess who got my order for the melt pot. Now just to get some UTEE as well - will check out the internet and compare prices but I bet I find it cheaper than Create and Craft elsewhere. Still at least I have all Hels demo's for inspiration and daughter is really happy after hearing it can be used with Friendly Plastic as well.

Fenpeper
01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
This weekend has been far too repetitive and the prices are really not that good are they?

elvie
01-04-2013, 07:11 PM
How exactly does this 'Giveaway' work? For instance, on Facebook it says that..... "My Craft Studio are giving a massive £87,000 away at 10am"

How can My Craft Studio afford to give away £87,000........

CraftyFee
01-04-2013, 08:59 PM
They must be making a lot of money. :taphead:
I think we have been doing it wrong. Rather than buying stuff to make cards, we should be designing our own CDs & stamps and sell them on C&C

what name should we call our business?

Dips
02-04-2013, 06:23 AM
How exactly does this 'Giveaway' work? For instance, on Facebook it says that..... "My Craft Studio are giving a massive £87,000 away at 10am"

How can My Craft Studio afford to give away £87,000........

By being a successful company selling products that crafters want to buy. Anyway, it doesn't cost MCS £87k. The £87k is worked out on retail price, the physical cost to them will e significantly less.

jr77
02-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Its really been a sale with old stock getting discounted so not interesting if you've bought stuff already (or didn't want it in the first place) but there have been some bargains if there is stuff you like but didn't buy it when it was first aired. The trouble with the 'giveaway' format though is you have to want both parts for it to be a real bargain.

budgie
02-04-2013, 09:30 AM
I ended up ordering the MCS countryside cd with the summer rosa free. I want to use the images in CA2, and think the country scenes will make ideal backgrounds, especially if I fade them into the background paper so they aren't too intrusive. Might have a go at bringing the flowers into CA2 to use as embellishments. When you consider the number of images you get, it is better value than buying loads of digikits.