PDA

View Full Version : boring TSV? anyone agree

lynnieb
01-03-2009, 10:46 AM
i was expecting a really exciting TSV but it was a damp squib. Kanban yet again (the Michelle Marsden of QVC?) and not very inspring. there was too much already done for you, resulting in home made not hand made cards. maybe a better one next time...

OscarFelixJake
01-03-2009, 02:46 PM
I liked the TSV - I will use the toppers to make up my own A5 or A4 size cards and know lots of relatives who would really like to receive a card design from this set. There are a couple of designs that I really don't like - namely the cartoon Elvis, but that is only a small part of the kit which is worth over £80 and which I have paid £27 plus p&p for. The colours, foiling and quality of this kit will appeal to my nieces too, so I will be able to give them a few sheets to play with in half term.

I think this particular kit would have sold better if it hadn't been released so near to the last Kanban kit, which I also bought. The quality is really good, just the format is a bit samey. I'm really loving the kits Kanban are producing at the moment, I'm really into the black and white, foiling, art deco and large card kits they are doing.

I've never got into the whole grunge, distressed, vintage stuff that is popular right now so I'm saving a fortune on the Tim Holtz and Graphicus ranges of powders, sprays, inks, melting pots etc. :)

Wellington
01-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Yikes peeps, we've already got 2 (long) threads running about craft day & the TSV :eek: Your thoughts might get lost if you start another thread about the same thing...;)

fabyon
01-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I loved the Art Deco ladies and the oriental kits (one that has still no pictures on the website), the cardstock is so thick it's a joy to use as it doesn't need backing. Having said that this last TSV wasn't my cup of tea but I went for the other oriental kit that sold out without being seen (well almost). So I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Marie
01-03-2009, 05:01 PM
I thought that the designs looked nice and it was a good concept. But i don't buy card kits, I've got 3 or 4 already and can't see myself using them much as I like stamping and colouring in. So I just cannabalise the kits I've got for materials.
The Kanban kits are nice, but I wonder how well they would do as a business if it weren't for QVC?

Rentochops
01-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Yikes peeps, we've already got 2 (long) threads running about craft day & the TSV :eek: Your thoughts might get lost if you start another thread about the same thing...;)

I'm TSV'd out tbh

sugarplum
01-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I didnt like the TSV but I have bought Kanban kits in the past and the quality is great I bought the large decoupage kit before christmas and the christmas cards went down a storm especially the art deco lady (I would buy a large decoupage kit of just those designs) My sons birthday card was also made from tha kit and he loved it . There was a deco ladies kit on craft day that I swithered about but it sold out (I am stillswithering over the Di Kaye CD which has some lovely deco images)
I think QVC are falling into the same trap that CaC are They find a formula that sells (kanban concept type cards for QVC die cut decoupage for CaC) and they flog it to death.
I hope there is a scrap booking TSV soon as even though I am not a scrap booker myself its good to see something different. I did enjoy the Tim Holz demos that were on recently

Prudence2
01-03-2009, 06:29 PM
I loved the Art Deco ladies and the oriental kits (one that has still no pictures on the website), the cardstock is so thick it's a joy to use as it doesn't need backing. Having said that this last TSV wasn't my cup of tea but I went for the other oriental kit that sold out without being seen (well almost). So I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Would be interested to know what you think of the oriental kit. The small amount we saw looked lovely, love oriental, seemed a good price too.:confused:

fabyon
01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Would be interested to know what you think of the oriental kit. The small amount we saw looked lovely, love oriental, seemed a good price too.:confused:

I'll let you know as soon as I receive it !:p

Linderella
01-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I liked and bought it.

Linda

ob1
01-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Though I haven't bought any of their kits (I'm not looking to churn out cards on that scale), I did like the colours of the African backing cards. If it were a question of buying sheets of that cardstock, I'd happily go for it, but the accompanying images weren't my style, so the kit - however much of a saving it might be on what those components would cost in the shops - would be a waste of money for me.

I guess that's one of my problems with recent TSVs in general - it's all very well saying that you're saving £££ on the high street price, but factor in the hefty P&P and the fact there's probably only a few bits that really appeal, it's not much of a bargain.

spurs
01-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Just wondering, is there a limit to the quantity of one item a viewer can order. Because if what Dawns says is correct about the saving per sheet on the Kanban kits, then would it be cheaper for smaller retailers to buy from qvc instead of larger orders from wholesalers which they may not be able to sell in their shop. That might explain why so many of these kits seem to sell even though they don't seem to be very popular as a whole order because of the bulk.

Winspiration
01-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Now there's an idea ;)

Wholesale orders aren't actually that huge, Kanban designs tend to come in packs of 10 or 25, but Dawn did say that these designs won't actually be available for retailers to purchase for another couple of months or so :cool:

spurs
02-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I do wonder about these larger kits, as not many crafters would want that amount of the samish designs, unless they have a really good outlet -lucky them. So many of these concept card kits have been sold and I have to say the only place I have seen them for sale (other than qvc) are at craft fayres I've been to and sold per sheet to make , I've don't think I ever actually seen one made up for sale. On that note I wonder how much the completed cards do sell for?

maisie*daisy
02-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I sell my cards and love Kanban stuff.I mix and match it all though. I only make cards A5 size and above so tend to use card fronts as toppers. I am lucky though as my friend sells for me from a shop ,and I get lots of orders from regular customers as I've been making cards for years.
I did use to take them to work and sell but was told I'm not allowed to trade on company premises :( but thats a whole other story