PDA

View Full Version : C&C Birthday prices what a con

Little Jan
11-04-2013, 04:24 PM
I have just seen the matha stewert Birthday deal, so much for Birthday prices. The starter kit is £35.99 club price , it is on oster paper crafts for £29.00 and £14.50 per extra cart.ok they are currently out of stock ,but how can C&C say they are a special Birthday price when even after club discont they are nearly £7.00 more expensive.:taphead:

almy
11-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Well not worth bothering with then, I have been waiting 3 days for them to reply to an email about a couple of orders I have not received, they seemed to have improved for a while, but customers services dropping yet again.

clumsycrafter
11-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Well not worth bothering with then, I have been waiting 3 days for them to reply to an email about a couple of orders I have not received, they seemed to have improved for a while, but customers services dropping yet again.
Plenty of time yet then! Last time I emailed it took 8 days to get a response. Now, do I renew my membership which expires today??

RozMinis
11-04-2013, 06:51 PM
They didn't bother to respond to me either. If it hadn't been for Tolly who passed on my moan to Dawn Bibby, who then passed it on to the powers that be, I think I would still have been in limboland

Roz

kaz
11-04-2013, 06:54 PM

I don't understand the variance in their customer service. I emailed Tuesday evening about a missing order, got a response yesterday to say they were looking into it and an email this morning to say a replacement was sent with Royal Mail. Hopefully it will turn up by the weekend.

Teacherspet
11-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I got so fed up of hearing about C&C's prices I haven't bothered updating my card details so I can't buy from them now.
I like one of the new D-Lites dies ... C&C best price was about £10 but that meant club membership and buying the bundle of 10 sets of dies. Mine is going to cost £8.50 and should arrive next week unless delayed.

All to often they quote the RRP for things and there are many many places that sell for less than that. I feel sorry for those who don't use the internet.

Double or triple discount with free P+P can make some things a better deal but those occasions are few and far between.

elvie
11-04-2013, 08:39 PM
I've just been reading C&C's Facebook page, its full of complaints about Customer Services, lost items, time things take to arrive, the app, high prices, Its a shambles. If they can celebrate 10 years, surely they can take better care of their customers.
I would hate to loose the channel but I'm not prepared to buy from them until they put their house in order.

annlowther2000
11-04-2013, 08:47 PM
I have to say yet again that I have never had any problems with lost items or no reply to e-mails from create and craft and beleive me I have bought hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of stuff from them.I do look around first,take the spellbinder lattice die on yesterday,I did find it cheaper at icon and duly ordered it from them.But I have known worse companies and I think their prices are good most of the time.I did have a query that I had to speak to someone about the other week and that very day they sent me a label to return the item .

Dax
11-04-2013, 10:16 PM

I don't understand the variance in their customer service. I emailed Tuesday evening about a missing order, got a response yesterday to say they were looking into it and an email this morning to say a replacement was sent with Royal Mail. Hopefully it will turn up by the weekend.

I emailed them Monday and again yesterday about them sending the damaged Clear Cosmic Shimmer ultra thick instead of what I paid for Black Lava and Black Lapis, and only reply has been the automated message.

This is what the pot looks like.

jr77
12-04-2013, 03:58 AM
At least they are selling the packs of white paper clay on their own which QVC didn't when they were selling the paper clay starter kits

I've noticed Oyster always seem to have much lower prices on items when they don't actually have any stock, It's the old joke about the greengrocer: Customer 'Bananas are 10p cheaper in the shop on Dean St' GREENGROCER: 'Buy them there then' Customer: 'They've sold out' GREENGROCER 'Well mine would be 10p cheaper too if I didn't 'ave any stock!'

Little Jan
12-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Apparently the stock has been allocated to C&C and goes on general realease soon , oyster will then have the stock at the price they have quoted, well so they told me lol.
My dughter wanted to get the wi guitar hero and it was out of stock except currys which had it for £40.00 more,she told the lad in the shop that she had phoned game and it was in stock but we could not get parked in the city,he checked games site for the price but did not check if they had it in stock so he let her have the game at the lower price, a case of bluffing working,.but then she has been taught by the master, my husband who has never paid the label price for anything,even when daughter was buying a bedroom suit ,the bloke said I'll give you 10% off and free delivery, hubby did the calculations in seconds and said hang on that price does not work out,in fact you have added the delivery in to the furniture price, this is false selling, lol in the end we got free delivery and 20% off

ChelseaGirl
12-04-2013, 01:24 PM
For what its worth the Inkadinkado Stamping Gear that is on now is cheaper on QVC. and that is with the postage, makes a change I suppose.:clapping: Inkadinkado Stamping Gear Kit £41.50 P&P: £3.95

kaz
13-04-2013, 08:34 AM

The replacement stamps arrived this morning.

elvie
13-04-2013, 10:14 AM
I agree, they also miss out on the many Virgin Media customers who have to rely on their app, which is always playing up! or watching on the pc, freezes! or freeview, which in my area is very hit and miss. :mysmilie_365:

wonky doodle
13-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Off topic, but had to comment on MamfaAdma's blog.it is a joy, very different, will keep looking. Very talented. On topic have ordered quite a few bits this week, and am waiting for tattered lace mark two on Tuesday ideal world. :giggle:

Jilly
13-04-2013, 01:11 PM
QVC - is a few coppers dearer for their Inkadinkadoo set - but not by much - taking into account C & C have free postage.

RozMinis
13-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I wonder why it is not on Virgin Media anyway? Seems odd it is on Sky, Freeview...is it on FreeSat?

They seriously need to sort out their App. I have to delete it off and reinstall it every time I want to watch. Luckily that takes seconds on an iphone/ipad, but it's not really the point is it?

Yup, all day and every day, 24 hours a day in fact on FreeSat.

Roz

freedom99
13-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Talking about Martha steward I wish qvc had not deleted my old history I really need to know how much I paid for mine as I need to sell them all and don't want to put them up for too much or too little.

I'm doing a super clear out of unused products my hubby is next.lol

wonky doodle
13-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks Wonky, may I call you Wonky? It's nice to know my ramblings are appreciated.

I have 'borrowed' lots of bits from my Mum who is off crafting whilst revamping her house with Dad. So I inherited some pretty nice Martha Stewart punches. I will be making lots of decorated pieces now. They are so expensive though, I caught them for a second on C&C Birthday and was so shocked!

you are welcome, it was really nice to see a fresh outlook on craft, I mix lots of things together and paint a lot, but have not got the flair for thinking outside the box. only have a couple of Martha Stewart punches, will have a look when I go to Port Sunlight in May. have spent too much lately on C&C. so will have to keep a hold of my purse for now. [after Tuesday lol]

Mistyblue
13-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Talking about Martha steward I wish qvc had not deleted my old history I really need to know how much I paid for mine as I need to sell them all and don't want to put them up for too much or too little.

I'm doing a super clear out of unused products my hubby is next.lol

You could do a search on that auction site and see what they are selling for, if that helps.

ETA, craft stuff not Hubbys I meant lol!!

budgie
14-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Been disappointed with the birthday event. Not been any really good offers, apart from the free p&p. Trouble is, nothing that I want to order is actually showing on the website. First birthday event with free p&p, that I haven't had quite a few parcels on the way! Good thing really since I am trying to cut back my spending on craft stash!

morgana123
14-04-2013, 10:25 AM
My only order so far has been for daughter but to be fair I have been on nightshift since thursday so have missed any of the shows I wanted to watch, back there tonight but for some godforsaken reason my body is refusing to sleep at the moment - good job its my last night for a while - well no for one night then its back for another four lol. So if your responses are anything to go by for a change I havent missed anything lol.

JAMMY
14-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I tried to order a set of splodge masks on Friday only to find the website telling me they were out of stock despite the presenter saying only 50 per cent had gone, this at 15 mins past the hour, they didn't go limited stock until 50 mins into the show ( no wonder, we couldn't order them!!!). I won't use the telephone to order as I object to paying the fee.

I decided I would get some Centura pearl card but found that there was not a members discount on this product so cancelled my order.

So in total I have spent absolutely nothing with C&C this weekend.

Dax
14-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I tried to order a set of splodge masks on Friday only to find the website telling me they were out of stock despite the presenter saying only 50 per cent had gone, this at 15 mins past the hour, they didn't go limited stock until 50 mins into the show ( no wonder, we couldn't order them!!!). I won't use the telephone to order as I object to paying the fee.

I decided I would get some Centura pearl card but found that there was not a members discount on this product so cancelled my order.

So in total I have spent absolutely nothing with C&C this weekend.

Jammy that happened to me when Sue was on with her embossing folders. At 50% stock gone as soon as I went to check out the message said they had sold out. Dawn was on for another twenty minutes saying 60% gone, then 70% gone. Even at the end of the show she was saying limited stock. They have got to be holding stock back for phone callers only.

I was going to buy some more Flexi Markers until I checked out the colours in each pack. Either two are the same colour as the original Flexi Markers packs 1 to 4 we got conned into paying more for as a POTD when they first came out, or one colour is the same. Cowling & Wilcox have them at £1.50 each and there is a code for free p&p until the end of April. So I will buy some from them.

suban
15-04-2013, 06:05 AM
The cupcake boxes that were on a show with Paul Brudel were a right con as well! I bought 4 for £1 in Poundland!

JAMMY
15-04-2013, 08:00 AM
I just think its their loss. I spent more at my local craft shop (looking for masks) than I would have done online!