PDA

View Full Version : Tonic Extra Large A3 Glass Mat

clumsycrafter
24-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I have just received one of these today and wonder if anyone here has also bought one and has noticed the same thing. There is a white coating on the reverse, and on every corner the finish is poor, and I am wondering if this is normal and if not, if it will deteriorate. I have emailed the retailer this morning and I am waiting for a response. I thought I would do a bit of research in the meantime.
I have attached a photo to show what I mean.

Jacksmissis
24-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Shouldnt think it would cause a problem CC but you could always "varnish" over it with some cosmic shimmer or glossy accents to stop it going any further. I have the 12 x 12 one and its fine, never noticed the corners lifting so just had a look and they're not but they do finnish just inside from the actual glass edge.

clumsycrafter
24-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks Jacksmissis. I will wait and see what the response is and then do as you suggest.

Truly
24-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I've got the 12x12 one too and mine is fine - not finished like that. It looks as though those rubber corner pieces have been put on before the coating has fully adhered to me. It probably won't get any worse but enough grounds for a replacement imho xx

morgana123
24-04-2013, 03:50 PM
I have an A3 Xcut glass cutting mat and one corner has a bit missing of the white coating but it certainly doesnt look bubbled like the tonic one shown - I too think this may well be a production fault and would want it replacing.