PDA

View Full Version : Speed crafting

blarf
06-03-2009, 03:30 PM
I just made 5 cards in 2 hours! That's some kind of record for me! :)
Almost caught up on all the ones I need to send out before my exams finish (so I can revise and not worry).
What's the most (different) cards you've ever made and how long did they take.

Mrs D
06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
I am a slow card maker as I let the card evolve as it goes along. I start off with an idea which sometimes changes a little halfway through so it can take a while like 2 hours for one card!

Jeanette
06-03-2009, 04:30 PM
takes me 2 hours to decide the materials!!

Winspiration
06-03-2009, 04:51 PM
It takes me forever to make a card too, and often I feel it doesn't look like it has! I can knock out Christmas cards fairly quickly though.

A friend has a habit of turning up and wanting a card made there and then (incapable of thinking ahead :rolleyes:), I try to have a small stash of ready made but it always runs out too soon.

He made a couple of cards himself last month from my stash - it made me smile when he realised how long it had actually taken him to get to the finished products :D

Rainbowwand
06-03-2009, 05:01 PM
takes me 2 hours to decide the materials!!

I'm with you there Jeanette, plus another two to find them!!! and then the card takes forever to make :D

Jeanette
06-03-2009, 05:49 PM
plus another two to find them!!! and then the card takes forever to make :D

ha ha, yep me too!

Rainbowwand
06-03-2009, 06:01 PM
ha ha, yep me too!

lol at least we are in good company :D

Rentochops
06-03-2009, 08:26 PM
....and then you realise you need something else for the card ingredients and will have to order it...;)

blarf
07-03-2009, 09:22 AM
I usually take forever (unless I've had a dream about what I'm going to make in advance - don't ask :) ), I just sat down yesterday and decided to stamp directly onto the card and colour in - it was great fun and something I've not done since I first started cardmaking. It looks really good, you should try it.

Anne
07-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow - that's an impressive output, Sammykaye. I think the most I've ever done is 4 in a day, and that's when they've been mulling around in my head for a very long time. And they were probably Christmas cards being made in a panic in December! :o

Little Jan
07-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Think the most I've done is 7 that was Christmas cards that I had to get done quick, but just had to add that little something else so spent hours in the evening finishing them off with stiched snow flakes:rolleyes:
I must agree it can take me days to think of what to do but I've been on roll came up with both swaps this month at the same time and got them and 3 Birthday cards done in 2 days:)

Wellington
07-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Prob about 7-ish in a couple of hours - they were licky sticky Christmas cards though :rolleyes:

blarf
08-03-2009, 11:20 AM
On the other hand I made my OH a little card about a month ago which I gave to him then I've only just decided it needed the cute little bee colouring in with sakura glaze pens (that means the card took me about 5 weeks to finish I think).

Marie
08-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Well I have to say that I'm still struggling to get my initial crafty mojo back since all that kerfuffle I had back in January when I was trying to use my brand new Cricut to make cards for my nieces' 18th and 21st birthdays. I had very specific ideas for what I was going to do and had planned to do them on consecutive Sunday afternoons and was really looking forward to doing it. Then the bl***y machine broke down and I never got the cards made! :mad:

I'm still intending to make them but they won't be the cards I'd planned.

But anyway this thread made me realise that I have a bit of a mind set that if it's quick it's cheating! I know that's a stupid way of looking at it but I do like to think that some effort has gone into making a card. I think that's why I don't like the die-cut decopage kits that are basically cards that you stick together as it doesn't seem like proper crafting to me as there doesn't seem to be much skill or effort involved.

I'm not criticising those kits as some of them are very pretty and I appreciate that some people really enjoy using them but it's not my thing.

Oh and Sammykaye i love my sakura glaze pens, just perfect for grown up "colouring in"!! :D

Julie
08-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I spend days thinking about what I am going to do on a card, then when an idea pops into my head, I am offfffffffff.

I can't just make a card for making a card type of reason. I have to know who and what it's for.

Marie
08-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I spend days thinking about what I am going to do on a card, then when an idea pops into my head, I am offfffffffff.

I can't just make a card for making a card type of reason. I have to know who and what it's for.

That's a good point Julie, making a card with someone in mind should make it easier to get an idea.