PDA

View Full Version : The last cat!

RozMinis
05-07-2013, 08:08 PM
I made a start on it this afternoon. If I don't finish this dratted cross stitch thingie over the weekend, as in tomorrow........... well I won't be held responsible. I really and truly hate the thing, and know it will never be framed, but I gotta do it now, or I know it will remain a UFO for ever. Maybe I can give it to the fluffit and woofit shop to flog once it is washed and pressed. If I could get a cheap frame then I would frame it before giving to them, but it isn't the regular 12 x 10 etc size, so forget it.

Roz

suban
06-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Oh dear! Hope you got the flipping thing finished, but know how you feel! I have a number of kits I'm now wondering why I bought them - and some of them weren't cheap! So that's probably the only reason why I will finish them (eventually).

notmorecraft
06-07-2013, 06:03 AM
I know how you feel, I started a large cross stitch of a tramp/clown with balloons, many years ago, pick it up every so often n fo a bit, but I really dislike it now. Even when I was housebound for several months last year with a smashed kneecap, n driven to distraction with boredom, I still managed to avoid doing any more than a few inches. Have completed loads of other cross stitch in the period but that one I just can't get into. Put a pic of your UFO when you finish it x

suban
06-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Well that's 2 "C" presents solved today - an aran jumper (managed to get extra yarn for it) and a navy jumper with a meerkat on it for my cousin - just need a plain jumper pattern (42" chest) to knit it, already have the aran pattern. Whatever happened to raglan sleeves?

RozMinis
06-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Well the ruddy thing is now finished, and in a net bag in the washing machine. Hope the thing dissolves (the stitching, not the net bag!) it will serve it right for hanging around for so long.

Because of 'it' I haven't done any knitting for several days. At this rate 'himself' might be getting his jumper for Christmas, instead of his birthday. Need to make him a pair of those extra long socks, or are they stockings(?) before winter sets in. What am I saying? Discussing Christmas and winter on the hottest day of the year, and it is going to get even hotter tomorrow and Tuesday. I just hope it isn't going to be as hot on Monday when I go to the stitching group. I wouldn't bother, but I have a book to return to one of the other stitchers, and I want some strawberries from the market, might even invest in some cherries while I'm there.

Roz

suban
07-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Got the yellow comforter finished! Found another kit I'd started - a "C" one - no chance of finishing it before the event!!

RozMinis
07-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Made a start on one of those Docrafts Christmas hearts I bought from Dot last week. The Aida has been cut a bit on the 'tight' side, leaving no room for counting errors when finding the centre. The destructions don't say how many threads should be used. Normally I would have used two on 14 count, which is what this is, but the cotton is quite a bit thicker than the normal six strand stuff. The picture on the packet looks as though they have used 1 strand, so after faffing about for a while, that is what I have settled on.

Roz

Little Jan
08-07-2013, 10:27 AM
How frustrating, I remember getting and kit to make a fox for my mum she loves foxes,again the fabric had been cut without allowing for seams, so even with the sea as small as I could manage without it coming apart it did not resemble a fox.

RozMinis
08-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I've worked the longest row, there should be three rows either side for the seam. I've oversewn around the edge so it doesn't fray. Should have dug out the sewing machine, but couldn't be bothered, so ended up doing it by hand. Must be honest I don't really like the fabric, a very stiff Aida. Don't much care for Aida at the best of times, so I will be glad when these two ornaments are finished. Might just make one for now, then do something else. I want to make some stitched Christmas cards, and a Christmas picture. I bought the chart from a friend who had finished with it. Bought some lovely snowflake evenweave fabric at the NEC last November. Have to keep it clean though as the snowflakes on the material would stand being washed.

Roz