PDA

View Full Version : Clarity Stamp on TV

Phree
08-03-2009, 03:34 PM
For fans of Barabar Gray (formerly Santerelli) keep your eyes open, I don't know which channel has her, or when we can expect to see her, but she has decided to start selling via the TV. I am hoping it's IW so we can get a chance to watch this very talented lady strut her stampin' stuff :D

Anne
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info, Phree. I've seen Barbara demo a few times at the South Stamp Show which is held in Worthing twice a year. She has a unique style and really takes time to explain things really clearly. Hope she "does a Glenda" - i.e. a show with pre-records. :)

Mistyblue
08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
please excuse my ignorance but I don't think I have ever heard of this lady so I will look forward to "meeting" her.

Anne
08-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Clarity Stamps is her baby.

http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/introduction.php

Ribbons
08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
When I went to Make-It in Farnborough, I bought a set of 3 dvd's from Clarity Stamps with Barbara Gray demonstrating. I have really enjoyed watching them, her technique is simple but so effective, I think she will go down well on tv.

Mistyblue
08-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Clarity Stamps is her baby.

http://www.claritystamp.co.uk/introduction.php

Thanks Anne :)

Phree
09-03-2009, 10:52 AM
When I went to Make-It in Farnborough, I bought a set of 3 dvd's from Clarity Stamps with Barbara Gray demonstrating. I have really enjoyed watching them, her technique is simple but so effective, I think she will go down well on tv.

I have all of Barbara's DVDs too - they are excellent except I often think she seems a little nervous about presenting to the camera. Watching her demo at shows in person she is far more relaxed. I hope she can relax on telly as that is Barbara at her best. If it's IW rather than QVC then maybe working with the right presenter and all the banter that goes on will help her to be a bit less nervous seeming than she is on the DVD's.

Mothership
09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I bought some of these way back (probably about 15 years) and they were responsible for me avoiding clear stamps for years.

When I did succumb to other brands I thought it might have been the stamp-holder, a peculiar contraption, that was responsible and tried them on an acrylic block but still was dissatisfied with the results.
Have they improved in the meantime? I would be interested in trying them again if they have as she does some lovely images.

Rainbowwand
09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Oh right i have just twigged which stamps these are, we have a couple of them and although not used greatly i cant say i have had a problem with them

Phree
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi Mothership - I am more than happy to testify to the quality of Barbara's stamps. The photopolymer she uses is a very firm one so they are far more like a regular rubber stamp to use - no squishing that results in the blurred images that put me off cheaper photopolymer stamps. Also I can vouch for them NOT sticking to your card stock and lifting the surface off - I have stopped buying the Lavinia Clear Stamp range because they do that all the time and I am sorry but I don't accept "use versafine and they won't stick to your card as a solution" - I want to be able to stamp with whatever ink I choose - dye inks, distress inks, etc.

With regard to the depth of the impression on Barbara's stamps they couldnot be more deeply cut - comparing them to my rubber stamps from reputable companies such as Elusive Images, Magenta, Hero Arts, Penny Black etc I find them to be at least as deeply etched if not deeper.

My only grievance if you like is the clear handle - because Barbara sells them mounted on those handles they are very bulky to store and of course the handle adds to the price. I do quite like using the handle - I find it works well for getting good postioning for things like pattern building - however all I need is a single set of handles in a range of sizes and I can cling the which ever stamp I chose to an appropriate size of handle. If you don't find you get on with the handle you can demount the stamp - and use regular acrylic block with them.

scrappin'granny
10-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Barbara will sell the stamps unmounted, Phree, if you ask. They are the same price but come with storage. (Haven't got mine yet so I can't say what the storage is like)