PDA

View Full Version : Call-out for an OBAG Challenge Design Team

Dips
24-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Calling all keen crafters looking for a little challenge! Over on an Oldie But A Goodie Challenge, there is a Design Team Call. If you, like me, have a lots of old Stash gathering dust, then an OBAG challenge is the place to be! This is a fortnightly challenge with a new theme every other Tuesday in which you follow the theme and use something on your project that is at least 6 months old. You can make anything you like Card, ATC, L/O etc as long as it fits in with the challenge.

So, if you've ever wanted to participate regularly in a challenge, do think about answering the Design Team call-out.

I like being a member of this design team because:
1. As a fortnightly challenge, it is not too onerous a commitment for me
2. I've so much old stash to use, I never find it a problem to use at least one thing 6 months old on my cards etc (and sometimes everything is old :wink:)
3. Although we often have the opportunity to use sponsor images for free, it's not obligatory, and we're not tied into one specific sponsor/manufacturer so I don't find I am limited at all by my commitment to the DT
4. The current DT is quite an international group, so it is lovely to see different styles and takes on themes from around the world
5. You get plenty of notice of the forthcoming themes, so you can plan your projects in advance and not have to rush them at the last minute.

More details can be found on this link to An Oldie But A Goodie Challenge (http://oldiebutagoodiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/dt-call.html)

Finally, I know that many peeps feel shy about their work, and are their own worse critics, but please don't hold yourself back. We're lucky to have several members on here who are also on various design teams, and I'm sure they would agree with me that it is such a lovely way to share your crafting enjoyment.

Mitzi
24-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Not for me, unfortunately - I'm definitely not good enough to be on a DT and can't commit the time anyway. It does sound like a good one, but I have to quibble at the definition of old - 6 months??? Anything I have that's six months old is still regarded as new by me! It must be me who's getting old. It's scary to think that it's 20 years since I was first introduced to rubber stamping on a visit to Canada (although I had a John Bull printing set as a child that had some pictorial stamps in, so in fact I can say I've been stamping for most of my life.)

Dips
24-07-2013, 07:19 PM
I know where you're coming from, Mitzi. Some of the items I use are years and years old!

Little Jan
26-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Sound a great idea but sadly I too do not have the time to commit.
I have stash that is donkies years old. and the first rubber stamp I purchased, which was forever friends for my daughter who was 5 at the time.
We had a stall in the local indoor market, oddly enough Mitzi the lady was Canadian.
She had loads of rubber stamps card and embossing powders and it was like watching magic when she did the heat embossing.
I could only afford one stamp and a gold embossing powder, but the heat gun was almost £60.00, so my dad wired a up a old baby milk can and 100 whatt bulb and it worked a treat, I made all my daughters Birthday party invites and was quite proud at the time.Sadly the stall did not last very long.

Mitzi
26-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Oh yes, I remember the first time I saw heat embossing, it's just like alchemy, that dull brownish powder transformed to gleaming gold. I used to heat emboss over the toaster for quite a while before I found a heat gun in a shop. Was always touch and go whether the powder would melt before the cardstock got singed.

Dips, sorry for taking this slightly off topic.