Mitzi
01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Me please!

Julie
01-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Me too please !

pyjama princess
01-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Will have a think and will let you know before 19th. I like to at least partly make a card before I commit as if I let my swapper down by not sending a card I'd be mortified.

Mitzi
01-08-2013, 04:49 PM
That's the opposite of me - I commit with very little, if any, idea of what I'm going to do. I just know that it's likely to feature butterflies but I don't know how, yet.

Waterlily
01-08-2013, 05:05 PM
I'll have a go at this one too please Jan.

williamspringer
05-08-2013, 05:18 PM
As you can see i'm back so cont me in and LJ thank you for the beautiful get well card it was waiting for me when i arrived home this afternoon.
Mitzi did Ian thank you for your beautifull july card if not thank you and now i am going to nip to december, this is great nipping in and out of the months
katex

elcee
06-08-2013, 09:22 AM
I would like to join in, please.

Mitzi
06-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Mitzi did Ian thank you for your beautifull july card

So glad you're back with us, don't overdo things and I hope you make a full recovery very soon!

Your Ian did a valiant job but didn't thank me because I wasn't the one who sent you a card - you sent one to me! I PM'd you about it and if you want to PM me your address I'll send you a little something.

Little Jan
15-08-2013, 11:27 AM
So Far 6 off us for this months swap if anyone else would like to dip their toes into the swap please add your name by 19th everyone is welcome

Mitzi
15-08-2013, 12:46 PM
I made a card already, but I don't like it at all*, so I'm going back to the drawing board. My OH said the card I made will be nice for his niece's birthday next month (which I take to mean, it's childish!) so I'm going to save it for that.

* I know I often say I'm not happy with cards that I've made, but this one is even more so. Unusually for me, I have just made a birthday card that I'm extremely happy with but I have to give it to someone in real life, not someone on here. I might see if I can make another similar but I used several elements on it that I had only one of, so I can't duplicate it exactly.

Little Jan
15-08-2013, 05:22 PM
LOL Mitzi your cards are always lovely.and if I listened to my other half I would have given up card making years ago(yes I can hear some of you thinking I should have)

Vicky
15-08-2013, 05:29 PM
I know it's a silly question but is it for anyone......I am not sure mine are good enough and I would hate for someone to get a naff card of mine and I get a stunning one

Mitzi
15-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks, LJ, but I genuinely wasn't fishing for compliments. When I show him cards I've made, he normally says "Very good, sweetie" as his stock response but in this case he said "I think [niece] would like that."

Mitzi
15-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Ha ha Vicky, see my comments above - we most of us tend to think our cards are not good enough; I know I always do. Yes, it's for everyone! Everyone has different taste in cards and different styles of making cards, and some are so beautiful they take my breath away, but we all appreciate the time and effort that has gone into making something (which non-cardmakers don't always) and like to see each other's efforts. Please do join in!

Vicky
15-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Hmmmmm ok pop my name in and also let me know where I have to send it lol it all new to me....and apologies in advance to whoever receives it

pyjama princess
15-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Hmmmmm ok pop my name in and also let me know where I have to send it lol it all new to me....and apologies in advance to whoever receives it
It's the surprise that gets me joining in - not the quality of the card. I love to see how my swapper has interpreted the theme and as we all know it's lovely to get a card in the post.
Vicky - LJ will start a new thread with a list of swappers. You get a card from the person above you and send your card to the name below yours. You'll need to pm your swapper for their address and likewise the person above you will pm you for yours.

pyjama princess
15-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Ok so I didn't manage to make a card - I've made THREE LOL! So please add me to the list Little Jan and it's great to see a few more of us joining in this month.

Vicky
15-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info pyjama princess. Very helpfully indeed now as you have 3 can I use one as back up lol ...I have so many ideas in my head its going to be like an explosion of everything at this rate

Little Jan
16-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Glad to have you aboard Vicky
I will post the list on Monday

Vicky
28-08-2013, 03:38 PM
ok bit of a silly question......but do you guys write a little message in your card or leave it blank??

mine looks a bit blank inside so a bit worried about sending it lol

vicky

Little Jan
28-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Not a silly question at all
you can leave it blank, just sign it or you can put in a message explaining what you used to make the card, it is up to you
Looking forward to receiving it:happy:

Vicky
28-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Oh jan i am so worried its not good enough lol

Little Jan
28-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Dont worry vicky its just a bit of fun

pyjama princess
28-08-2013, 06:00 PM
ok bit of a silly question......but do you guys write a little message in your card or leave it blank??

mine looks a bit blank inside so a bit worried about sending it lol

vicky

I usually struggle to think of something to write to Vicky. I end up putting something silly like 'Happy August' or I hope you like 'green/flowers/etc'. Little Jan has been a member of card swaps for sometime and I'm sure she'll agree that they haven't all been masterpieces but that she's treasured everyone. Please stop fretting - this is supposed to be FUN LOL!!!!

Vicky
28-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Well it's in an envelop ready to be posted tomorrow.....it has been fun but I always get stressed when I think things are not perfect

Little Jan
28-08-2013, 07:06 PM
pjp is right I have been with the swaps from almost day one coming up for almost 10 years give or take a few months
I loved everyone of them but in the end I had so many with the permission of the makers I rematted them and gave them to charity shop to sell I made sure that I have pictures of them all so I can look at them and be reminded of all the lovely members past and present