PDA

View Full Version : August's ATC swap theme

pyjama princess
01-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Well I've uuummmed and aahhhed for several days over what to have as a theme this month. It's not that I couldn't think of one - just the opposite! First of all I thought as we had a new Royal baby I'd pick something like 'New Born' or 'New Beginning' but hubby told me that was boring and suggested 'something to do with aircraft' LOL! Then I thought 'Vintage Transport' but changed my mind. Then Summer Holidays - nah! too much like July's Summer Fun. Weather related - nope!
In the end I thought it's August so the theme this month is................

'Something beginning with A'.

Hopefully you'll all enjoy this one again - off to have a rummage through my stash to see what I have that begins with A!

JAMMY
01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Great idea. Thinking cap on.

Wellington
02-08-2013, 12:44 AM
A tentative interested noise from me...I'm determined not to buggr it up this time though...

elcee
02-08-2013, 11:07 AM
A for... Ah ha! Excellent idea, PP. Admirable, Amazing, Astonishing, she said, Appreciatively.

pyjama princess
02-08-2013, 12:53 PM
A tentative interested noise from me...I'm determined not to buggr it up this time though...

I'll PM you a reminder a couple of days before the end of the month Welly. It's BH on 26th but I'm sure you'll be busy the last week getting everything ready for the kiddies to go back to school.

pyjama princess
18-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I've received the first set of ATCs for this month from Agelesscraft. Well done Ann for getting them done so early and they're lovely as usual.

pyjama princess
21-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I'll PM you a reminder a couple of days before the end of the month Welly. It's BH on 26th but I'm sure you'll be busy the last week getting everything ready for the kiddies to go back to school.

As promised a PM is winging it's way to Welly.

pyjama princess
25-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Jammy's ATCs arrived yesterday - another stunning set of ATCs.

JAMMY
26-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm glad they've arrived. I made these as soon as you announced the theme, then forgot to post them!

pyjama princess
29-08-2013, 05:24 PM
I've also received Elcee's ATCs - you've certainly followed the theme Elcee! :wink:

And..............Hurrah! Welly has PMd me to say she's joining us this month! :mysmilie_480:

I'm planning on making mine tomorrow - I've had an idea all month but have had other more pressing things to do first.

JAMMY
29-08-2013, 08:25 PM
More pressing things!!! I hope they've all been craft related!

pyjama princess
29-08-2013, 08:59 PM
More pressing things!!! I hope they've all been craft related!

Oh yes! LOL! I needed to make the card for the August swap on here, 3 ATCs for a swap on another forum, plus 2 x 2 ATCs for yet another forum (the organiser had an op last week and announced the themes for both August and September as she won't be able to post for a while). And then last week I found out I'd been picked for Lothian Crafts Design Team and had to get my project done before tomorrow.
On top of all that I'm crocheting a baby shawl, the little blighter went and got himself born 7 weeks early and caught me out! I've just got the final row to do now but it's taking forever as I have to do 10 stitches into one stitch on the previous row (to make the finished edging). Hopefully I'll get it finished tomorrow - I'll have so much time on my hands then that I won't know what to do LOL!

JAMMY
30-08-2013, 05:19 AM
Well I suppose we'll have to let you off then!

Is this new baby a grandchild? Hope both mother and baby are well. My daughter was born 10 weeks early and weighed 2lb 2oz. She will be 30 this year! My other daughter is expecting our third grandchild in about 4 weeks, so excitement is mounting here.

Congratulations on making the design team too.

pyjama princess
30-08-2013, 10:31 AM
No not my grandchild (I don't have any children). It's the first grandchild of the manager of one of the care homes I work for. Her daughter was due to have a baby shower and she invited me but I was away that day and couldn't attend. I still wanted to give her a pressie so decided to make a shawl. The lovely people on here helped me source patterns and wool. Eventually I decided on a pattern sent to me by one of the members (you know who you are and thanks again). I was going to make it in all white but of course he couldn't wait to be born so I bought some blue wool to use on the border. I will post a picture when it's finished. He was 4lb when he was born and they let him go home when he reached 5lb. I haven't seen a recent piccie but I've been told he's thriving and looks really chubby now - he's called Charlie.

2lb is tiny! Good to here she's done so well and don't forget to let us know when the baby is born.

Thanks for the comments re the DT - the first blog post will be on Lothian Crafts blog on Sunday.

JAMMY
30-08-2013, 09:09 PM
As you don't have children I guess grandchildren would be a tad unlikely! I've not managed to knit anything for the new baby yet, I've been too busy helping look after the other two grandchildren, especially during the school holidays as this means my ever inquisitive, ball of energy granddaughter has been here most days.

I shall miss her when she goes back to school next week. But who knows the knitting needles may come out.

Wellington
05-09-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm working on getting the ATCs out - ran out of large letter stamps (come to think of it, stamps in general in fact :doh:), but have been no where near anywhere to get stamps...v.frustrating as the ATCs have been sat in an envelope on my dining table for getting on for 2 weeks now grrrr...Was going to go to PO this morning after school run, but lo & behold have a dicky tummy so had to dive round & dive back home at high speed...:mysmilie_486:

Hopefully 'things' will have settled down this afternoon & I'll drag the kids round after school instead...

pyjama princess
07-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Nothing's arrived in my post this morning Welly - have you managed to post them yet? I think I'd better post the theme for September so that people have time to make their ATCs.

pyjama princess
09-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Still no sign of Welly's ATCs.

pyjama princess
11-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Still nothing in the post from Welly.

JAMMY
11-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Hope you don't mind Pamela but I'm ready to post this months. As my daughter is about to give birth I thought I'd take the opportunity to get organised before I need to look after the grandchildren.

pyjama princess
11-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Hope you don't mind Pamela but I'm ready to post this months. As my daughter is about to give birth I thought I'd take the opportunity to get organised before I need to look after the grandchildren.

Post away Jammy! If I receive everyone's September ATCs before Welly's August ones arrive I'll do the 2 swaps in one go. Fingers crossed all goes well for the impending arrival and hope you 'survive' the babysitting LOL!

JAMMY
12-09-2013, 05:53 AM
Thanks Pamela. I'm sure I'll survive the babysitting as they're great children. It might just take a while to get energy levels back to norm!

pyjama princess
13-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Welly's ATCs arrived today, I've done the swap, photographed them all and they'll be in the post box tomorrow. Off to add a group photo.