PDA

View Full Version : Starting off

Waterlily
09-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I'd like to buy my son's girlfriend some jewellery making stuff to start her off. I've never made any jewellery but in a mad moment I did buy the tools so I don't have to worry about them as I'll give them to her.

She loves earrings (danglies), silver and pink so I thought that would be where I start. Any suggestion for the best place to look to buy please. I did watch the jewellery making channel? this morning and I've looked on their website but didn't see anything suitable.

Craftysusan
09-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Hi Waterlily. Sorry I can't help but I too would be interested if anyone knows of a good starter kit as I want to buy one for my friend for Christmas.

Jacksmissis
09-11-2013, 12:51 PM
That young woman who comes on with the beautiful Tiara's has gorgeous crystals and different coloured findings - like gunmetal/silver/gold/antique. Think its BD-I Tiara Pam if that's any help Of course there's Beader Comp and the ones that Mel brings (sorry cant remember the name!).

von 2
09-11-2013, 01:38 PM
These look pretty, Pam if the link works.

http://inkyfingerzone.blogspot.co.uk/

sam
09-11-2013, 03:06 PM
If you type "jewellery making kits" in Folksy or Etsy (shop local option, for UK only), there are quite a few options.

Little Jan
09-11-2013, 08:24 PM
We used to have a lovely bead shop in Ely
and the prices were amazing it closed down but I have heard
It's reopening I will find out for you .you could only buy in the shop but I f they reopen i am happy to get bits and send them

Little Jan
09-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Hi Pam
there a place in haddenham www.spoiltrottenbeads.co.uk
they have starter kits from £2.95
They have some lovely beads but not as cheap as Ely beads had
no news on when Ely beads will be back

Waterlily
10-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks Jan off to have a look.

Thanks everyone.

Been having a look at the Jewellerymaker site and got totally lost lol. Too much to look at.

Waterlily
10-11-2013, 12:07 PM
That's a good site Jan, easy to find what you are looking for. lol