PDA

View Full Version : I've seen it all now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deefersmum
20-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Ebay item 301048049255 - I bet no one can do without one of these ...............

Dips
20-12-2013, 06:30 AM
Well it's certainly shabby, not sure about whether it's also chic!

suban
20-12-2013, 07:57 AM
It's carp!!!! Simples! At least we all know what to do with our fabric offcuts now!

Chalet School Fan
20-12-2013, 08:23 AM
:mysmilie_466:
I've got lots of off cuts from my quilt and a tin full of buttons. I'll set up a production line. Could make my fortune and become a global company.:mysmilie_61:

Jacksmissis
20-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Cant believe it!!

pyjama princess
20-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Go for it CSF! Think of all the money you could make for your charities! I notice she's previously sold a hand made felt brooch for 10p - wonder what that looked like!

northern crafter
20-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Can't believe it !

Deefersmum
20-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Cant believe it!!

I know exactly what you mean JM - I would be too embarrassed to admit I'd made it - if 'made' is the correct word :mysmilie_17:

Little Jan
20-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Off to have a look in the bin see what I can reuse Anthea eat your heart out :giggle:

wonky doodle
20-12-2013, 12:14 PM
don't know whether to laugh or cry, how embarrassing.x

Deefersmum
20-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Off to have a look in the bin see what I can reuse Anthea eat your heart out :giggle:

Perhaps it's her alias :bandit:

Deefersmum
20-12-2013, 12:30 PM
don't know whether to laugh or cry, how embarrassing.x

It would be a good laugh if we all started bidding - wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

dyzni
20-12-2013, 12:48 PM
No business sense either as (pressuming it doesnt sell for a small fortune................) offering free postage!

Craftysusan
20-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Wonderful. How on earth did you happen on such a beautiful creation Deefersmum? Last minute Christmas shopping perhaps. I think the bookmark would fall apart before I finished reading the book (lol). Mind you I couldn't do any better with my sewing skills.

Deefersmum
20-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Wonderful. How on earth did you happen on such a beautiful creation Deefersmum? Last minute Christmas shopping perhaps. I think the bookmark would fall apart before I finished reading the book (lol). Mind you I couldn't do any better with my sewing skills.

I visit Ebug every day because I am looking for some dining chairs (hubby is making table) and the delightful work of art was amongst their suggestions for me on their home page because I had looked at shabby chic (more like a load of old carp (as Suntan puts it) with a slap of paint on it and triple the price!!) Sorry folks in a bit of a bad mood tonight.

keiko1
20-12-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm sure they have spelt Chic wrong well the h & i are in the right place

Deefersmum
21-12-2013, 06:16 AM
I'm sure they have spelt Chic wrong well the h & i are in the right place

:mysmilie_510::mysmilie_502::mysmilie_17::mysmilie _497:

Marilynmcl
21-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Awwww. . . come on ladieees.....this crafty person has gone to a LOT of trouble and effort to make this ...at least two minutes...and probably stabbed herself with the needle...all for the princely sum of 10pence! Think of what she went through...trolling through the remnant shops for JUST the right fabric, then the careful perusing of the button box for the right shade/size/shape of button to use...then the small ribbon on top...how long did it take to get it central without the use of a ruler? Give this poor person a break........:) Everyone who tries to make something with their own fair hands deserves our respect surely.....don't they? :)

And.........kudos for having the nerve to put it up for display and sale on Ebay!!

Jacksmissis
21-12-2013, 12:34 PM
You are sooooo right Marilynmcl, its very uncharitable of us to knock any tat & and all the trouble she went to - photographing and registering too!

Craftysusan
21-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Awwww. . . come on ladieees.....this crafty person has gone to a LOT of trouble and effort to make this ...at least two minutes...and probably stabbed herself with the needle...all for the princely sum of 10pence! Think of what she went through...trolling through the remnant shops for JUST the right fabric, then the careful perusing of the button box for the right shade/size/shape of button to use...then the small ribbon on top...how long did it take to get it central without the use of a ruler? Give this poor person a break........:) Everyone who tries to make something with their own fair hands deserves our respect surely.....don't they? :)

And.........kudos for having the nerve to put it up for display and sale on Ebay!!

good point, well made Marilyn. We all had to start somewhere and I remember just how dire my first cards were when I think back. Apologies to e-bay lady.