PDA

View Full Version : January 2014 ATC Swap Theme

pyjama princess
03-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Thanks to everyone who took part in November's Christmas ATC swap - amazing ATCs ladies! So it's time to think about this month's theme.
The end of January is the Chinese New Year so I thought we'd have a theme along those lines but as I like to keep the theme as 'open' as possible I've chosen Oriental as the theme. I'm sure we all have something in our stash to fit the theme!
Usual rules - 2 ATCs to reach me by 27th of January but most of all have fun!

JAMMY
10-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Sorry Pamela, missed this thread.
Found it when I went looking though. Count me in.

Little Jan
10-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Sorry Pamela but I will have to give this one a miss as I am knee deep, (hang on for me th's not that deep) shoulder deep in wedding invites but hopefully I will be free next month before the reception items need doing

Mitzi
14-01-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm hoping to join in this month but I've never done ATCs before. Do they have to be portrait format or can they be landscape too? I've read your stickied guidelines but it doesn't mention portrait or landscape.

pyjama princess
14-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Good question Mitzi! I never thought to explain that one. They can be either, which ever suits your design best. Really looking forward to receiving your first ATCs, I'm sure you'll do a grand job of them. I'll pm you my snail mail addie.

Mitzi
14-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I dunno about a grand job but I just made a sort of oriental birthday card for a friend and have some bits left over. (Really selling it, aren't I?)

Julie
14-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I'll have a go please.

pyjama princess
20-01-2014, 07:50 PM
The first set of ATCs have arrived today from Jammy. They're really lovely, as usual, and such an original design. Well done Jammy - you never fail to surprise me!

JAMMY
21-01-2014, 05:33 AM
Glad they've arrived Pamela. Just realised I forgot to photograph them! Limited by oriental resources this month as it's not a theme I work with, so glad you like them.

pyjama princess
21-01-2014, 06:24 PM
WOW! That makes them even more impressive then Jammy! Thanks for joining in even though the theme wasn't easy for you.

Mitzi
26-01-2014, 07:17 AM
I'm really sorry, PP, but I haven't been able to do these. I've been working long hours and my "free" time has been spent touring tile shops trying and failing to choose tiles for my new bathroom. Many apologies.

pyjama princess
26-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Thanks for letting me know Mitzi. I don't think you're on your own though as so far I only have 2 sets of ATCs and it's the 27th tomorrow.

Victoria your lovely ATCs arrived safe and sound - thanks for joining in again.

elcee
26-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Hi PP. I didn't say I'd be joining in this month as I wasn't sure I'd have time but I made a couple of ATCs last night so they will be in the post tomorrow. Hope that's OK.

pyjama princess
26-01-2014, 02:16 PM
That's great Elcee - thanks for letting me know. I'll leave the swap until the weekend.

Summer
26-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi PP, like Elcee, I wasn't sure if I could get the ATCs done this month, but I have had a go and they are almost finished except for the backs. I should be able to get them to you by Friday if that's not too late.

Julie
26-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Mine will be in the post tomorrow or Tues at the latest !

pyjama princess
27-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks Summer and Julie. I'm happy to wait for them once I know that they're coming. And it will also boost the numbers up as the saying goes - the more the merrier!

pyjama princess
29-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Elcee and Summer your ATCs have arrived today - more stunning Oriental ATCs! Thanks ladies.

pyjama princess
03-02-2014, 07:17 PM
I'm still waiting for Julie's ATCs to arrive before doing the swap. I've sent her a pm to check they were sent. I'm a little concerned because I don't think she's been on the forum since last Tuesday.

Julie
04-02-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm still waiting for Julie's ATCs to arrive before doing the swap. I've sent her a pm to check they were sent. I'm a little concerned because I don't think she's been on the forum since last Tuesday.

Me thinks they have gone AWOL, they were posted last Monday evening, first class. Please carry on your swap without me. Hopefully I will have better luck next time !!!

pyjama princess
05-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Me thinks they have gone AWOL, they were posted last Monday evening, first class. Please carry on your swap without me. Hopefully I will have better luck next time !!!

That's such a shame if they've gone missing. I won't have time until Friday/Saturday to do the swap so I'll wait until then. If they turn up after I've done the swap I'll make some to swap with you.
I'm relieved that it's a postal problem and not anything wrong with you or your Dad.

Julie
05-02-2014, 07:50 PM
That's such a shame if they've gone missing. I won't have time until Friday/Saturday to do the swap so I'll wait until then. If they turn up after I've done the swap I'll make some to swap with you.
I'm relieved that it's a postal problem and not anything wrong with you or your Dad.

Oh that is whole other story with Dad, got till tomorrow to agree to him going into a permanent care home, not one of my choosing either. :sweat:

Little Jan
05-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Oh that is whole other story with Dad, got till tomorrow to agree to him going into a permanent care home, not one of my choosing either. :sweat:

That's terrible Julie why have you got no say where he goes
is SS funding it.even if they are you should be allowed some say in the matter
Mum is funded under continuing care .I was gobsmacked when they agreed to the home I chose as it was above the price that the heath authority area in north London where mum lived in would normally pay and also as she was moving to Cambridgeshire health authority
Its a difficult time for you both and I hope that you can persuade them that be. that you want what's best for your dad.
take carexx

pyjama princess
08-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Well I've waited for the postie to come yesterday and today and sadly there's still no sign of Julie's ATCs. I'll do the swap and take photos today and get them in the post for Monday. There's only 4 (plus me) this month so I've included an extra ATC for everyone from me. If Julie's ever turn up I've got a spare one for her.

So sorry to hear about your Dad Julie.