PDA

View Full Version : Spellbinders tool n one and Layer Creator.

Craftysusan
25-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone. They have this tool on preorder at Icon UK and Oysterstamps and I have just found a very interesting you tube video on the product. It looks like it does a lot more than just clean dies - extra tools will be available (hopefully here in the UK too). I don't know how to put a link to the video but you just need to go on to you tube and type in the search - "Tool n One and layer creator". The layering tool looks really good too but I haven't seen it on preorder anywhere yet.

JanTheNan
25-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Allow me Craftysusan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u13qWWEbsw

wonky doodle
25-01-2014, 10:17 PM
on a, no more buying, campaign at the mo. how dare they bring out something like this now. :mysmilie_469:

Craftysusan
25-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Allow me Craftysusan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u13qWWEbsw
Thanks Jan. I really must learn how to put you tube links on. You're a star.

Craftysusan
25-01-2014, 10:37 PM
on a, no more buying, campaign at the mo. how dare they bring out something like this now. :mysmilie_469:
Hi wonky doodle. I know what you mean, but now I have seen it in more depth it does look worth buying and it's not that expensive if it saves loads of time picking out all the bits out of the die. I like the look of the layering tool too but don't know if I would have the patience to use it.

wonky doodle
25-01-2014, 10:56 PM
It does look useful,:mysmilie_502: but promised myself. so much stuff now, really need to stick to this. [ but I did buy a lot of dies so..... may really need this! will see how long my vow lasts lol] will let you know. x not fussed on the layer either so that is one good thing.

JanTheNan
26-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Craftysusan the way you add links is to go to the address bar (where it often says www) highlight the whole line (right click select all), right click copy, come back to the forum, right click and paste.
Think that's the right order.

Craftysusan
26-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi Jan. The problem with you tube was that I couldn't see the address bar. Maybe that was a problem with my computer. Thanks for the tip though.

jube
26-01-2014, 10:56 AM
You still have to size and cut with the layering ruler.

jube
26-01-2014, 11:01 AM
I know you use them with nesting dies but after seeing perfect layers I think I might get more use out of those.

JanTheNan
26-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Oooh Craftysusan, I wonder why you can't/couldn't see it!

Marilynmcl
26-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Thanks for telling me about these products from Spellbinders...have enjoyed watching the Youtube video and have now pre-ordered them from Oyster. :)

Craftysusan
26-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Oooh Craftysusan, I wonder why you can't/couldn't see it!
Hi Jan. it may just have been me being daft (lol).

Marilynmcl
04-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Well....tis now June and still no sign of the Spellbinders Layer Creator from Oyster Stamps...not their fault as it is still not in the country yet...but can I find out anything as to the delay in it coming into the UK....nope....have tried the Spellbinders Blog...nothing. So, if anyone has any info on this product would be grateful to know what is going on...many hopeful thanks in advance! x

freedom99
23-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Can I ask if anyone has their tool in one yet?

I was advised my a fellow crafter that it was not all it was made out to be and as I really needed a new pricking tool that would have cost me £2.99 I thought I would just give it a go myself. I really like the little spatular on one end as I can easy fit it in to help remove my shape ( no so easy by hand as I have double carpel tunnel) and the pricking tool is good even though it keeps getting stuck in the handle so now stuck into some foam. I doubt I will have it long it's bound to end up in the bin.
As my crafter friend confirmed the brush is pretty much useless it removes the larger bits some of the time but very rarely the little bits which are very present in the more recent dies.
I did find it quite good for the die cuts that you use wax paper on and the bits tend to stay in the die cut and not the die. I just put it on the foam rolled over the die cut on both sides and the bits come out.

I think the ball tools will made it better value but only if they don't get stuck inside.
Anyone have any tips, hints or ideas? Thanks

Craftysusan
23-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Yes I have had hop mine from Icon some time ago and quite frankly I am very disappointed. Didn't live up to the hype. Such a faff to get it out Still too and have reverted to my pokey tool. waiting for my layer tool as well but from Icon. They said it would be shipped beginning of a June but still no word. Getting impatient now and May cancel the order as I have been waiting far too long.

Lioness
23-06-2014, 04:11 PM
According to sunrise crafts, the release date for the layer tool is 25/6 (Wed), so hopefully you don't have long to wait

Jacksmissis
23-06-2014, 04:20 PM
I ended up with two toothbrushes (new ones ladies!) from the 99p shop. One is conventional and the other is a Denture brush. with the latter, there is a bunch of longish tufts at the end which are quite stiff and work fine for the dies with difficult bits in. The ordinary one works on all of the dies with just the usual bits in.

Summer
23-06-2014, 05:10 PM
I think I am a bit odd - I quite enjoy poking out the bits on dies, which I do placing it over a tub so the bits drop into it!! I could never bang it on the side of the desk so the bits fly all over the place - but then I do seem to spend a lot of time generally faffing so it must just be my style and I am not making loads of cards quickly - I make a few very slowly lol.:mysmilie_516:

freedom99
23-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Yes I have to all in all very disappointed in the tool. More bristles and closer together and firmer might have helped.
I'm still hoping they might bring out a modified head at some point.

Still not tried out my other new tool the bow it all v2 as I've just not had the time. ( had it several weeks too)
After hand tying the 50 bows needs for the first set of thank you cards I decided I needed something to help me in the future. The videos look good I just need time and energy to sit and play. Hoping to make a few hair bows for the granddaughters and my wee DD.

Craftysusan
24-06-2014, 08:15 AM
I think I am a bit odd - I quite enjoy poking out the bits on dies, which I do placing it over a tub so the bits drop into it!! I could never bang it on the side of the desk so the bits fly all over the place - but then I do seem to spend a lot of time generally faffing so it must just be my style and I am not making loads of cards quickly - I make a few very slowly lol.:mysmilie_516:
I made a wedding card yesterday and I have to say my craft room carpet looked like there had been an explosion in a confetti factory! Easy to Hoover up though but last night having my bath, there was a bit of card floating about in the water, maybe I should Hoover myself too.