PDA

View Full Version : Help - not really craft - Dylan Queen uk

almy
18-02-2014, 01:42 PM
My mum won 50:00 on a premium bond and decided to buy my niece a dress for her prom using the money plus some extra in January. It arrived last week it was marked, trouble with zip, uneven hem, loose threads.

I contacted then sent pictures as requested and wanted return address and a refund. They said could I get it repaired, no wanted money back, then offered 10 percent money back then 15,I do not think we are unreasonable asking for a full refund!

Almy

Jacksmissis
18-02-2014, 02:34 PM
How did you pay? if it was PayPal, lodge a claim - same for Ebay. If it was through your bank card, get onto them right away there is a clause called "charge-back". Keep the piccies you've already taken and get the ball rolling asap. Good Luck

Lioness
18-02-2014, 04:28 PM
If it was ordered on line as a new item from a shop, you would qualify for a refund under the distance selling regulations (http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations). You do need to contact the seller in writing (includes email) within 7 days of receipt of your goods and they are obliged to refund your initial postage too.

If it is faulty, some sellers refund the return postage but I'm not sure if they are obliged to by law.

If you have purchased from an individual then I'm not sure if the same applies, however I would have thought that you may be able to do something if the item is not as described on ebay for example.

Hope you manage to sort it out.

added:

Just had a look at their website and under their returns policy it does say:

Return Policy

1. You can get refund for Defective, Damaged or Mis-shipped Items, Size Deviation & Color Mismatch problems, etc.

I would have thought that it qualifies under this criterion.

Craftysusan
18-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Hi Almy. Hope you get it sorted quickly. Very disappointing and upsetting for your mum and niece.

Jacksmissis
18-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Yep, I had a look too Lioness, and picked up on their customer service programme which does appear to be v good. But you really need to do it fast Almy, and when you send it back use recorded or registered delivery of if its a carrier see what their proofs of sending are.

RozMinis
18-02-2014, 07:26 PM
No it isn't unreasonable to ask for a full refund, including postage. I am pretty sure that if something isn't of merchantable quality, and this obviously wasn't, then they have to return all money, including what it cost you to return the item. If they didn't describe the dress as damaged in any way, then it wasn't of merchantable quality.

Roz

Little Jan
18-02-2014, 08:49 PM
I agree with what others say
Is the online shop a well know store.
Or is it from one of those overseas online sellers.
As I know that the dressmakers in my area are inundated with stressed girls wanting prom dresses repaired or altered as the items they purchased were nothing like they had seen online.they also they had broken zips and unfinished seams and they are unable to get refunds.
Hope you get it sorted

almy
18-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi all

I have contacted my credit card bank, and are going to investigate, hopefully we can get our money back, will have to wait and see.

RozMinis
19-02-2014, 06:50 PM
I think Kate must have been one of the lucky ones with her wedding dress bought via eBay. This will be her second time around, though it doesn't actually happen until next February, so she didn't really want to spend a fortune. Not that she had intended cheap either, but when she found this dress, which was being ignored by everybody else, she felt she just had to have it. :)

Roz