PDA

View Full Version : Too much stuff.....

Deefersmum
26-02-2014, 02:30 PM
If you think you have too much 'stuff', visit the Stamping & Sharing blog and have a look at the video Steph has made showing her 'craft area' - enlightening because I still feel overwhelmed by all my 'stuff' even though I recently got rid of a load to the charity shops. I think I lose my mojo because I don't know where to even start when making a card some days.

Serena
26-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Hi Deefersmum, can you post a link if possible. Thanks.

Deefersmum
26-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Hi Deefersmum, can you post a link if possible. Thanks.

Hi Serena - sorry I can't because I'm too thick to work out how to do it! (Well at least I'm honest :mysmilie_17:). If you just Google search Stamping & Sharing it will take you to the blog and the video is right at the top because Steph only posted it today. Stamping and Sharing is her blog and Clearly Besotted are her stamps/dies.

Jacksmissis
26-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Here you go Deefy

http://stampingsharing.blogspot.co.uk/

This is how to do it (my way anyway lol !!) Go onto whatever it is you want to look at then point your 'cursor' at the top left hand side of your screen where it shows the "http blah blah blah" and Left click which will highlight it then right click and press copy. Then go to where you want to put the link in this case a Craft Telly thread and right click and 'paste'

Hope this makes sense !!

Deefersmum
26-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Here you go Deefy

http://stampingsharing.blogspot.co.uk/

This is how to do it (my way anyway lol !!) Go onto whatever it is you want to look at then point your 'cursor' at the top left hand side of your screen where it shows the "http blah blah blah" and Left click which will highlight it then right click and press copy. Then go to where you want to put the link in this case a Craft Telly thread and right click and 'paste'

Hope this makes sense !!

Thanks JM - I did do that but mine wouldn't highlight in blue i.e. you can't click on it :mysmilie_465:. Mind you my 'puter seems a bit poorly at the moment - I hope it's not giving up the ghost.

Karriepie
26-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Well I couldn't find Steph's video but took a look at some of the others featured. Very envious of one and her bespoke craft room! All fitted by her wonderful husband of course! Mine just looks at me like I have 6 heads if I ask him to construct me anything! I too am overloaded with stash, most of which is in stackable drawer containers in my bedroom and a corner unit in my dining room. Dining room table is where I get down to it after clearing son's school work and the remnants of dinner etc... I get very frustrated as sometimes even though it's all stored, I'm wading through heavy drawer loads looking for something, up and down those stairs all day long! Weekends are a joke as I'm asked to move my stuff from the table all the time. I'm threatening hubby that we'll have bunk beds soon to make the room if he doesn't get me a desk to work at soon!! All joking aside the very thing that I started to enjoy, which relieved the stress and tension of every day life has somehow become a stress all of its own. I step back and see what I have accumulated and know that most of it will probably not get used or so random that I wouldn't have a clue what to put it with that I wonder why am I doing this at all!! I must be sitting on a fortune here! But the feeling I get when I've made something pretty and look back at how many hours I've enjoyed making it, probably answers my own question. Now where is todays parcel going to go....x

Karriepie
26-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Just gone back for another look... wrong Steph! thought you meant Stephanie Weightman lol!! Yes too many kits in my stash, time to move them on I think. I'm going to try and stick to one area of cardmaking,ie stamping and diecutting, rather than housing everything! x

Agathaannie
27-02-2014, 06:21 AM
I'm going through all my 'stuff' at the moment. I have been lucky enough for years to have the use of a front living room (we have the old fashioned 2) for my craft, while also having the use of a three quarter size bedroom for my art. But since I stopped going to craft fairs and teaching basic card making in the back of a local shop (the owners retired) I only make and sell to friends who regularly give me small orders. So at Christmas when my youngest was home from Afghanistan on leave I heard myself promising to downsize and clear the 2nd living room.:doh:

So I'm still trying to make it all fit into the bedroom. I did go to the junior school and ask if they were interested in what I decide to let go of, and they nearly bit my hand off with their enthusiasm at the prospect of what the children could do with it all. I have sorted out about five cardboard boxes for them so far, full of all sorts of stamps, punches, papers etc. but deciding between what I 'must keep' and what I really can live without is quite an experience.:sweat: I'm ALMOST ashamed of how attached I've become to all those boxes acquired over many years.
My OH has asked if I might manage to finish the sort out by Easter!:mysmilie_859:

Jacksmissis
27-02-2014, 07:25 AM
aah Agathaannie. they've (Husbands) no sense of the trauma it puts us through have they? lol !!
Think its a lovely idea though, and the youngsters will so appreciate what you have sent them. I will have loads of stuff too in a few weeks, and school is a nice idea, I've already asked at my local library if they want my books the poor man was so grateful - they don't get many nowadays because of these kindle style things that people have.

Fenpeper
27-02-2014, 10:18 AM
I like all my crafty stash! It comforts me. xx

Deefersmum
27-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Makes me want to scream!