PDA

View Full Version : Been let down :-(

Craftymum
06-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Hi crafters,

Haven't been on here for a while. In my absence I have started a Rainbows Group (girl guiding), I need some help if possible and pointing in the right direction.

I ordered some mother's day card kits from a well known company that deals with craft products for children and although they were in stock at the time when my order arrived they are no longer in stock. (yes they were sale items)

Now I need to find some from somewhere else and so far drawn a blank because they all seem really expensive. (we are a new group so very limited funds).

Was thinking of making my own but would still have to buy things and works out even more expensive.

Wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a website for cheap make your own or even better the actual kits. Needs to work out at about 80p a card, we have 10 rainbows and only about £8 to spend.

Thank you in advance

wonky doodle
06-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Sorry you have been let down, if you p.m. your address, will send some stuff maybe you could use. I am sure there are lots willing to do the same good luck.x

Mitzi
06-03-2014, 12:54 PM
I can send you some bits & pieces too.

Craftymum
06-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Thank you very much have pm'd you both x

Dips
06-03-2014, 01:18 PM
PM me too, CM, I have some C&C pick and stick kits that I just don't use, I'm sure one is florals so suitable for Mother's Day which I'll happily forward onto you.

Spendsloads
06-03-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm happy to help too CM, especially as my niece is a Rainbow and absolutely loves it (they are already well supplied with my card making surplus!). Please PM me with your details if you can use further supplies.

Julie
06-03-2014, 03:35 PM
I have plenty of flowers etc to use as embellishments if you would like them.

Craftymum
06-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Thank you all so much, really didn't expect any of this. Has brought a tear to my eye with your generosity.

I really love being a guider for rainbows and as some of you know its completely voluntary. We are doing a couple of fundraisers in the future but until then we don't have much money. There is only so much you can do with newspapers and boxes :). The girls really enjoy it too.

Thank you all once again
xx

CraftyFee
06-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Hi crafters,
Haven't been on here for a while. In my absence I have started a Rainbows Group (girl guiding), I need some help if possible and pointing in the right direction.
I ordered some mother's day card kits from a well known company that deals with craft products for children and although they were in stock at the time when my order arrived they are no longer in stock. (yes they were sale items)
Now I need to find some from somewhere else and so far drawn a blank because they all seem really expensive. (we are a new group so very limited funds).
Was thinking of making my own but would still have to buy things and works out even more expensive.
Wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a website for cheap make your own or even better the actual kits. Needs to work out at about 80p a card, we have 10 rainbows and only about £8 to spend.
Thank you in advance
I hope this is of some use to you CraftyMum http://www.reetaaz.com/Freebies/mothersdaycard.pdf

Shoequeen
06-03-2014, 06:16 PM
If you still need some more stuff I am sure I can find some bits and pieces for you. I used to be a Beaver Scout Leader so I do understand the need to be careful with your spends.

Chalet School Fan
06-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Count me in as well - I'm clearing out lots of stuff I'll never used and I've already given bags full of stuff to 2 Guider friends. I used to be Baloo of a Cub pack,so like the others who've responded I know what it's like trying to find different activities to do on a shoestring!

RozMinis
06-03-2014, 07:41 PM
I would be more than happy to donate some bits and bobs to your cause. :)

Roz

Fenpeper
06-03-2014, 07:58 PM
I have a bag of stuff I've put aside for my friend who is a Guide leader but I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I pulled a few bits out for you. Let me know. x

Dips
07-03-2014, 09:16 AM
CM, I've sorted out 8 complete floral decoupage card kits and I've die cut you 8 x 'On Mother's Day' sentiments from one of my Tonic dies, HTH!

Craftymum
07-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Thank you again. Can you all include your address in the envelope so that I can thank you all personally, very much appreciated. Will post a photo of their creations when done at the end of march :)

sam
09-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Do you still need stuff? I've got a few bits and bobs, please pm me if you would like me to send them to you.

RozMinis
09-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Thank you again. Can you all include your address in the envelope so that I can thank you all personally, very much appreciated. Will post a photo of their creations when done at the end of march :)

Settle for a ta muchly via the forum flower, no point in giving Royal Mail even more hard earned cash.

Parcel in un poste in the morning. ;)

Roz

Chalet School Fan
09-03-2014, 09:52 PM
:mysmilie_497:

Craftymum
11-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Can't thank you ladies enough, had a few parcels today, will pm you to let you know they have arrived safely and thanks once again xxx

Humpty
17-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Don't know if you are sorted yet but here are a few idea yuo just need card/photo paper for, the templates and designs can just be downloaded from the site for nothing:

http://www.craftville.com/fcd/card_making_projects/mothers_day_card.php
http://www.craftville.com/fcd/card_making_projects/gift_favour_box.php

My wife's a Beaver Leader so I know how tight money can be for them. You wont believe the number of times we have ended up printing stuff out and cutting it up late at night just so they would have something to do the next day!