PDA

View Full Version : Printer Help Please!

Karriepie
02-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this one but hopefully someone can help with my problem! My Canon MP560 died today, at least I think it has, getting same error message and now won't switch on at all. Anyway, have looked around on line tonight and am not sure which Canon would be a good replacement. The newer models look completely different and I need mine to print on 300gsm card , acetate etc. Has anyone replaced theirs recently? I don't want to plough in and get one that doesn't take the heavier card! Most of the ones that people have suggested on other forums are older models that have now been discontinued so am floundering! Thank you guys. xx

warks
03-04-2014, 07:05 AM
I have just bought the Cannon pixma mg6450 and was really pleased when it printed on Centura pearl card as that is 300gsm I was replacing an Epson with a back feed and it wouldn't entertain such thick card! And this one is a front feed!!

Hope this helps you Tesco Direct were the cheapest when I did my research.

Joan

clumsycrafter
03-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Mine is one of the older ones the Canon MG5350, it takes 300gsm card. It is still available, do a google, but it seems more expensive than I paid - don't know if that is any help or not. All I will say is that I am very happy with it.

jube
03-04-2014, 07:39 AM
I love my cannon printer but it will not do double sided printing as the paper jams inside.

Jacksmissis
03-04-2014, 07:45 AM
I bought a Canon Pixma MG5350 as well just before Chr (oops sorry!) 25th December! Highly delighted with it for the inks and the thick card. It has top or bottom feed (I use top for card) and also separate inks which is a real boon, although in fairness, so did my Epson but the b***** wouldn't take card that's why I changed it. Cant just remember exactly how much I paid but think it was about £64 with free delivery. I have bought a complete set of compatibles, all 5 colours (there are 2 blacks) for £7.50 which I haven't even used yet. One of our members on here also recommended a site for the inks and I have it written down but don't just know right now where I've put it (doh!).

clumsycrafter
03-04-2014, 09:51 AM
I buy my compatibles from Inkredibles - very pleased - if that helps.

Karriepie
03-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Still looking.... the one you have Warks seems to be the only one close that even specifies it'll take 300 gsm. Spoke to Canon earlier and none of their newer models have rear paper feeders now unless you buy an A3 one! Even then the spec doesn't confirm weight of card either. Getting so frustrated, all my inks are redundant now too so will have to try and flog them on I guess. The older models if you can get hold of one are way more expensive than when they first came out, but most are unavailable. I'm surprised Crafting Towers havent got hold of this issue and come up with a printer for crafters. I'll just have to adapt the card stock I use in future, I like my whatever I'm printing on to match the base card so will have to check suppliers to see if I can get various GSMS for the same colour. I've got some Print Perfect in various weights. Thanks for all your help though. x

Craftysusan
03-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Hi Karriepie. I have a Canon Pixma MP230 which I bought in Staples. It is a top loader so good for heavyweight card but I haven't tried acetate. It is a scanner as well. I see they have them on the Rymans and Maplin's websites for £35.