PDA

View Full Version : Stuff - be gone!

ChelseaGirl
07-04-2014, 05:56 PM
I have way too much crafting stuff. I've been looking at it all for a year now. I want it to be gone, I want a genie to sweep in, remove it all, sell it for vast sums of money and deposit into my bank account where I can go and respend it (but not on craft stuff any more no. no no.)

Anyone else feel like me :happy:

Deefersmum
07-04-2014, 06:26 PM
I got rid the other week to charity shops.

elvie
07-04-2014, 07:11 PM
I feel like that at times, my mojo left about 9 months ago, I would hate to add up what I have spent over the years. I did move home 6 months ago so have been concentrating on decorating and sorting out the garden. I have a lovely craft room but no inclination to make anything. Selling up would never recoup the amount I have spent, it makes me feel annoyed with myself for not sitting on my hands a bit more often !!

ChelseaGirl
07-04-2014, 07:43 PM
I should give some away to my local RSPCA and might do that but I want to sell some of it as I have loads of stuff never been out of its boxes/packs etc. I've never sold anything at an on-line auction bit I am tempted, it doesn't look too complex so might to do that.

I would love it if there was a craft only car boot sale in the south (nr.London). If someone set this up I'm sure there would be loads of takers for a pitch.

RozMinis
07-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Mmmm, I know the feeling. This is from somebody who has been on a bit of a spending spree in The Works this morning, followed by investing in a load of card blanks from Dot's this afternoon. At the price they were, large quality cards too, I reckon they are an investment.

Was having a rummage around in some drawers last night and discovered some iris folding blanks I had forgotten I had. I seem to remember buying them from Markham Grange garden centre, so that must be at least six and a bit years ago. Made one up last night, will do the rest this week.

There are items I would love to get rid of. Those fancy scissors and the hole/punch thingie. Can't remember what the thing is called, but it was one of the We Are Memory Keepers things. I never could hold the thing, so not a hope in hell of being able to use it now. I've also loads of rubber stamps I don't like, so will never use. Probably other stuff too if I know anything.

Roz

Muffintop
07-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi ChelseaGirl, you are not alone as quite a few of us seem to be surrounded by crafty stuff and unwilling (or unable) to do something constructive. I give some stuff to my MIL for the cards she makes for the local hospital but I am loathe to give too much for when the crafty urge comes back. Before you go on ebug why don't you have a look in the sell/swap forum?

Little Jan
07-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Hi ChelseaGirl, you are not alone as quite a few of us seem to be surrounded by crafty stuff and unwilling (or unable) to do something constructive. I give some stuff to my MIL for the cards she makes for the local hospital but I am loathe to give too much for when the crafty urge comes back. Before you go on ebug why don't you have a look in the sell/swap forum?

Great idea no auction fees to worry about

Deefersmum
07-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I can see this forum might become a recyling centre - one of us sells some items to others on the forum, then that person sells it on, then another and another. Good for the environment!

Deefersmum
07-04-2014, 08:39 PM

I agree - some of the prices on Ebug at the moment are pants.

ChelseaGirl
07-04-2014, 09:34 PM

Good idea about doing something useful like hospital fundrasing, well done MIL :happy:.

I still want to keep some bits because I have loads of scrapbooking to do in the future for the rest of it can go.

I didn't know about the sell/swap part of the forum, going to go and take a look...... thanks:mysmilie_520:

ChelseaGirl
07-04-2014, 09:35 PM
I can see this forum might become a recyling centre - one of us sells some items to others on the forum, then that person sells it on, then another and another. Good for the environment!

What a great idea :happy:.

(Don't think some will like it though :mysmilie_19:).