PDA

View Full Version : Craft Dragon

elvie
09-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Whatever happened to the Craft Dragon? I haven't seen it for ages, obviously dropped by C&C. The last time I watched, they were bringing out more add-on's. Not that I want one, just wondering :mysmilie_506:

glynisrose
09-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Maybe it was way too expensive for what it was? I would never pay that much for a machine unless it made tea and cakes as well!!

Sue
09-04-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm glad we don't see it any more. I thought it was a ridiculous contraption at an even more ridiculous price.

elvie
09-04-2014, 11:46 AM
I agree, it was a lot of money and the die's were very expensive. I suppose if you like the foiling and did wedding stationery it was a good machine, but all the add-ons were ridiculous prices.

RozMinis
09-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Didn't do a thing for me. Wouldn't buy it even if I was a millionaire, which I'm not. Wouldn't buy the Scan & Cut for the same reason. A great deal of money for something I don't actually need.

Roz

Deefersmum
10-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Maybe it was way too expensive for what it was? I would never pay that much for a machine unless it made tea and cakes as well!!

You could buy that for the tea and cakes and the Scan N Cut to do the washing up.

connemara_crafter
24-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Whatever happened to the Craft Dragon? I haven't seen it for ages, obviously dropped by C&C. The last time I watched, they were bringing out more add-on's. Not that I want one, just wondering :mysmilie_506:

How did you do that? You mentioned it and now it's back!:mysmilie_17:

Phree
24-04-2014, 08:45 PM
I saw this today....... as a die hard stamper I was shocked at how poorly the machine performed when they were asking such a ridiculous price for it. Um did the demonstrator REALLY believe I was fooled by her protestations of badly inked images being her attempt at a deliberately "distressed" look? Seemed to me that the poor inking was pretty much entirely due to the fact that the machine itself does not offer up the stamp in a position where it is easy to apply the ink - the process looked extremely awkward to me.

Nor was I fooled by the claims that techniques such as using multi-colour/ multi-layer stamping could only be achieved with this contraption..... sorry I beg to differ IMO it's very easy to ink various parts of the stamp with different colours of ink. As for multi-layering of images - perhaps a Barbara Gray master class in masking might disabuse the demonstrator of her idea that the machine does stuff that we mortal stampers are unable to achieve. I could of course offer to lend her my stamp positioner as that would also show that layering of images can be done without needing to spend a small fortune on a Craft Dragon.

The only actual benefit I could discern from this shockingly expensive item was that it perhaps might make stamping possible for people with some form of disability in their hands, but to be honest I'm not too convinced of even that.

elvie
24-04-2014, 09:20 PM
How did you do that? You mentioned it and now it's back!:mysmilie_17:

Wow, I have powers that I didn't know about!!! Now what shall I cook up now, how about a Pick of the week that is something new, exciting and not overpriced?

Sue
24-04-2014, 09:21 PM
I think the Craft Dragon is a colossal waste of money from its top to its http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-075.gif

pyjama princess
24-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Wow, I have powers that I didn't know about!!! Now what shall I cook up now, how about a Pick of the week that is something new, exciting and not overpriced?

Yes please! And can you add in that there'll be enough stock for everyone!

RozMinis
24-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Crumbs I bought some pens in a shop in Dublin way back in the 1990's that I can use on rubber stamps. I say can because I still have them, and they still work, which probably shows just how much I used 'em. :) In those days I didn't know what all these inks did, tried to emboss with the wrong one I remember. Not that I was much into paper crafting in those days, sort of got talked into it by a friend. Still one lives and learns. One thing I do know is that the Craft Dragon is expensive. I could buy a real dragon for less. ;)

Roz

Julie
25-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Please don't forget all that gorgeous foiling you can do !

RozMinis
25-04-2014, 06:29 PM
But we can do that anyway with that glue stuff that several companies sell and the pots of gold and stuff. Failing that we can use rubber stamps and embossing powder. Just don't sneeze at the same time! ;)

Roz

glynisrose
25-04-2014, 08:52 PM
There is also a Letraset system called Colour Tag and an A4 version called an Omnicrom, both hard to find these days but I'm sure if we all pressured Letraset they would have to start making them again!! They work on the process of using Laser or Photocopy toner as a 'glue'.

notmorecraft
26-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Hey Rozminis, where do I get the real dragon? I fancy one of those n DH only said no more dogs, he didn't mention dragons, lol x

RozMinis
26-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Hey Rozminis, where do I get the real dragon? I fancy one of those n DH only said no more dogs, he didn't mention dragons, lol x

I'm not tellin'. Everybody will want one if I do, and as they are in short supply. It takes years for the eggs to hatch, and I'm keeping them safe, in a nice warm place, well away from St (cough) George until they are big enough to stick up for themselves. :mysmilie_520:

Roz