PDA

View Full Version : sugar nellie Daisy cards

sugarplum
26-03-2009, 01:39 PM
I was chatting in another thread about promarkers so thought I would post a couple of cards made today that have been coloured with promarkers The stamp is Daisy from Sugar nellie

LynneH
26-03-2009, 01:56 PM
They're lovely Sugarplum. I especially love the colours in the first one.

Anne
26-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Beautiful cards. I wish I could match up different colours and patterns like that. It's something that I've been trying occasionally recently, but it's still quite alien to me. :)

Pam
26-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Lovely cards sugarplum.

kookietiger
26-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Aww, now I neeeed promarkers!!! Not sure if I'l get such lovely results as this but I'd certainly try.
I must say the ladies & gents on this forum are wicked temptresses/tempters, I've only been here a few weeks but I've not stopped shopping since - so I really should say a huge thanks for all the bargains - THANKS :D

I have been looking for a stamp very similar to this but the little girl is reading a book, it's possible I've imagined it but I hope not, can anybody help?

Anne
26-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I have been looking for a stamp very similar to this but the little girl is reading a book, it's possible I've imagined it but I hope not, can anybody help?

There is a Sugar Nellie stamp of a little girl reading a book.

http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_46

kookietiger
26-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks Anne
Just what I was looking for :D

tru-ella
26-03-2009, 03:31 PM
beautiful cards

Wellington
26-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks Anne
Just what I was looking for :D

Whoops! There goes the CC card again LOL What was that you said about temptresses :D

Lovely cards Sugarplum :)

Phree
26-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Gorgeous cards sugarplum, the colouring in is beautiful.

Jeanette
26-03-2009, 04:20 PM
They are gorgeous Sugarplum. I also love the way you combine your patterened papers!

kookietiger
26-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Whoops! There goes the CC card again LOL What was that you said about temptresses :D

I kno & I am weak :D

Mrs D
26-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Those cards are beautiful, Sugarplum. What are promarkers?

Rainbowwand
26-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Great cards sugarplum, lovely colouring, i am hopeless at putting papers ect together like this :(

sugarplum
26-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Those cards are beautiful, Sugarplum. What are promarkers?

Letraset promarkers are alcohol based colouring marker pens They give a very smooth finish (no colouring in lines)and you can build up the intensity in colour to create shading (I am still very much a novice) Unfortunately addictive You have been warned!

Mrs D
26-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Your cards look extremely professional for a novice. And the highlighting/shading looks very effective. I didn't know you could achieve such good effects with ink.

Sandra
26-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Fabulous cards sugarplum!:D

Mistyblue
26-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Fabulous cards sugarplum! I have been looking at the promarkers but am confused as to which set(s) I need to buy. You seem to have a good range on your cards, any help would be gratefully received.

sugarplum
26-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Fabulous cards sugarplum! I have been looking at the promarkers but am confused as to which set(s) I need to buy. You seem to have a good range on your cards, any help would be gratefully received.
So far I have 2 of the Manga sets (packs of 10) as they were the best way to buy a range of colours I think it is sets one and 3 I have I bought those ones first because they included ivory blush and dusky pink which were recommended for basic skin tones and a light grey which is great for adding shade to white areas I want to get the 3rd manga set that has more purples and pinks I bought mine from www.sillymonkeycrafts.co.uk but there arelots of other places that sell them. HTH

gill71
26-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Gorgeous cards Sugarplum!

gill
x

Mistyblue
26-03-2009, 10:04 PM
So far I have 2 of the Manga sets (packs of 10) as they were the best way to buy a range of colours I think it is sets one and 3 I have I bought those ones first because they included ivory blush and dusky pink which were recommended for basic skin tones and a light grey which is great for adding shade to white areas I want to get the 3rd manga set that has more purples and pinks I bought mine from www.sillymonkeycrafts.co.uk but there arelots of other places that sell them. HTH

Thanks sugarplum, that is a great help, I was wondering which set to get for skin tones as well.

Rentochops
27-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Thanks sugarplum, that is a great help, I was wondering which set to get for skin tones as well.

SP I can only see Tria markers at £89.99 for 24 - are these the same?

Can I ask where the best place is to buy Sugar Nellie Stamps?

Rentochops
27-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Tis ok have found Funky Kits!

sugarplum
27-03-2009, 07:11 AM
tria markers are more expensive (believe they are the next level up with a wider colour range)
Heres is the link for Silly monky (when I checked it is actually sets 1 and 2 that I have Set one is the set with the various skin tone colours) http://www.sillymonkeycrafts.co.uk/index.php?cPath=52_56

Sugar nellie stamps are only available on line from one place here is the link
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=47

Daisy is from the sweet art ebony range

LoobyLou
27-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Anyone wanting to purchase any letraset product this weekend, I have a discount code for 20% off any purchase £20 or over. They already have free postage on £10 or more so two packs of promarkers would cost out at £23.48, making them £11.74 instead of sillymonkeys current price of £14.25 per unit, postage free if you purchase more than one. I didn't check their actual postage rates but noticed one pack cost £1.95 to post and two packs were free.

HTH

Looby

PS Code is only valid until 30th March.

sugarplum
27-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Looby can you pm me the details please.Is the discount to use on the Letraset website?

LoobyLou
27-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Looby can you pm me the details please.Is the discount to use on the Letraset website?

Yes for the Letraset website.

Have pmed you the code.

I won't publish here in case it was an offer just to me, although I strongly suspect it wasn't.

Looby

kookietiger
27-03-2009, 12:50 PM

Have pmed you the code.

I won't publish here in case it was an offer just to me, although I strongly suspect it wasn't.

Looby

Can this code be used only once?, if not please could I have it as well :o

Mistyblue
27-03-2009, 07:21 PM

Have pmed you the code.

Looby

Could you pm me with the code as well Looby please. MTIA :D

Rentochops
28-03-2009, 01:49 PM
tria markers are more expensive (believe they are the next level up with a wider colour range)
Heres is the link for Silly monky (when I checked it is actually sets 1 and 2 that I have Set one is the set with the various skin tone colours) http://www.sillymonkeycrafts.co.uk/index.php?cPath=52_56

Sugar nellie stamps are only available on line from one place here is the link
http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=47

Daisy is from the sweet art ebony range

thanks SP - all the best stamps are out of stock, but have joined their newsletter!

sugarplum
28-03-2009, 03:39 PM
They are a bit behind at the moment as Tracy who normally works at Funkykits has broken her ankle so is out of action at the mo. Karen who is "sugar nellie is pretty much running things herself for now She posts a lot on another forum on a dedicated sUGAR NELLIE thread and has said that they are going to try and restock ASAP also Gorguss Girls #2 are due out next weekend plus there are other new designers coming up

Mistyblue
28-03-2009, 09:12 PM
thanks SP - all the best stamps are out of stock, but have joined their newsletter!

I thought that as well ROC :( Never mind, sure I can find something else top spend my pennies on in the meantime :D

Craftyktee
29-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I was chatting in another thread about promarkers so thought I would post a couple of cards made today that have been coloured with promarkers The stamp is Daisy from Sugar nellie

Love your cards SP, I have just received some Aqua Promarkers; I also have some of the Original Promarkers. I had a look on the Sugar Nellie webpage; the stamps are fab, I think the one you used is out of stock. Will be spending some of my wages on them soon ;)