PDA

View Full Version : Auction sites...

kriskros
26-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I now have a cricut and need to get cartrdiges for it and have noticed that on the auction sites that they are very much cheaper in some cases, so are they okay to go ahead and purchase? have not used these sites before and this seams a good way of buying more than one. Have only looked at the UK site's it's amazing that they are so much cheaper than on websites I am used to looking at, hence the query, are thay okay!!!!!

Anne
26-03-2009, 02:08 PM
I've bought a few crafty bits and pieces from ebay before, and everything has been fine. The important thing is to factor in the p&p that is being charged, and then to check the seller's feedback. Read the title and the description of the item carefully, and if it's what you're after, and the price is good, then go for it! :)

sugarplum
26-03-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree with Anne the best advise is to check a sellers rating/ feedback before buying from them. I buy quite a bit from ebay and I sell stuff aswell its a great way to find a bargain Use paypal as it gives you some security aswell. The other piece of advise I would give is. if bidding on an item, set yourself a limit and stick to it. I have seen people pay silly money for things probably cos they get caught up in the bidding

Phree
26-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi Kriskros, just a note of caution from me and don't take this too much to heart, but a couple of weeks ago my freind told me about the daughter of someone she knows. Seems this girl bid for a silver bracelet - what she got was a SINGLE LINK from the bracelet. The photo had shown the full bracelet - but a very careful review of the item description showed that she had missed in the small print a footnote that made it clear that the seller was not actually selling the braclet but was selling individual links from the braclet shown in the photo.

Anyhow my point is read the item description carefully - make sure you are bidding on the actual cartridge and not on say a selection of shapes cut from it by the seller.

I should also add in fairness the bracelet story is perhaps a more extreme example of someone getting stung on ebay cuz they failed to really READ the description and I don't think stuff like that happens to much, but it does illustrate the need to read descriptions carefully before you bid.

kookietiger
26-03-2009, 04:15 PM
I've also bought very many craft items from ebay & the majority were a bargain, must admit I've been stung a few times as well but it was my fault for not paying attention :o

The only thing I would be concerned about is buying anything electronic from an unknown seller, but that's just me. Their feedback will tell you if theyv sold any of these and if the customer was happy & their listing should state what their returns policy is in the event of faulty/damaged goods.

Good luck bargain hunting & hope you get what you want :D

LynneH
26-03-2009, 04:32 PM
I haven't bought a cartridge for ages but all mine were bought on ebay (from the US). Like everyone has said check the description and the feedback carefully and you should have no problems.

gill71
26-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I've bought many bits of craft stuff from ebay...check out ebayUS for their prices too.

kriskros
27-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Thank's for advice will try and take note and not get carried away when searching for a bargain!! Like they say 'read the small print is the motto'