PDA

View Full Version : Ebay passwords

Craftysusan
21-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Not strictly a crafty subject but I know a lot of people use ebay to buy crafty goodies so I thought I would just post this in case anyone hasn't seen the news. Apparently ebay have been hacked and passwords compromised. They are recommending everyone change their password to be on the safe side.

Deefersmum
21-05-2014, 06:09 PM
I haven't watched any telly today, but had a quick look at the headlines online with Sky. I have just changed my password. I find things like this really annoying.

RozMinis
21-05-2014, 06:21 PM
The strange thing is that there isn't anything on their website about it.

Roz

Craftysusan
21-05-2014, 06:44 PM
It said on teletext that they were forcing people to change their passwords so expected a prompt to do so when I logged in but I didn't get one. I changed it anyway to be safe.

annlowther2000
21-05-2014, 08:15 PM
I changed mine just now just to be on the safe side.

Jacksmissis
21-05-2014, 08:26 PM
I was just going on to change mine and as I signed in (or tried to!) this came up with the Ebay logo as header:

Page not available

Ebay is asking its users to reset their passwords due to the unauthorized access to our corporate information network. This may result in a delay of service due to the high traffic volume. We ask for your patience and that you return to eBay soon. In the meantime, please be assured that no activity can occur on your account until your password is reset.

kaz
21-05-2014, 08:46 PM
I was just going on to change mine and as I signed in (or tried to!) this came up with the Ebay logo as header:

Page not available

Ebay is asking its users to reset their passwords due to the unauthorized access to our corporate information network. This may result in a delay of service due to the high traffic volume. We ask for your patience and that you return to eBay soon. In the meantime, please be assured that no activity can occur on your account until your password is reset.

I've just tried to change mine and got the same message. I'm not sure whether to be worried or not by it.

almy
21-05-2014, 09:19 PM
According to the news on Radio 2, they could have accessed your personal info as that is not encypted

Jacksmissis
22-05-2014, 09:36 AM
oh jeez, wonder what else "they" have done then? don't know which way to jump now, although I have managed to change my password.

Little Jan
22-05-2014, 04:02 PM
I have heard the following that it is not customers accounts at risk just ebay current data
and changing your password will make it easier for hackers to collect updated details
once again conflicting info between one news update and another