PDA

View Full Version : QVC Foam backed stamps

kookietiger
01-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Has anyone tried these?

I've got some of the ornate corner ones on waitlist but it's been ages :( I saw DB hacking into some of them (the Love Is kids ones IIRC) with a pair of scissors and it's put me off a bit. I kno it's prob similar to cutting out unmounted stamps but they looked a bit, um, well, not sturdy.

Is the image also foam or are they - as the discription suggests - just foam backed?

Help :confused:

lolathelamb
01-04-2009, 10:41 PM
The images are rubber etched, mounted on foam and they work well! I like the ones I have. I don't cut them about because, as one wise person said on here, leaving them as they are leaves fewer sides to keep clean.

Maybe DB & team work at a rate of knots so the chance of an image being mucked up by edges being inked is greater. I am a much slower stamper so can check out the stamp and clean things up with a swipe of a baby wipe if I spot naughty ink in the wrong place.

Other members here have removed the foam and mount the rubber on acrylic blocks using EZ mount but I am not into that!

Phree
02-04-2009, 12:34 AM
.........Other members here have removed the foam and mount the rubber on acrylic blocks using EZ mount but I am not into that!

Oh dear lola, somehow you have managed to make this sound like it's a rather corrupt thing to do :D Perhaps I should get a dirty gray mackintosh to go with my Ez-Mounted stamps ;)

Craftyktee
02-04-2009, 01:33 AM
I have two sets from QVC and waiting on a third. I think they are good value and to be honest I don't think it necessary to cut into them; I use them as they come. Good Idea about the baby wipes though you could keep them handy...

sheilaj
02-04-2009, 07:47 AM
I have some as well and am very pleased with them. I don't trim (or strip snigger snigger)them either. I tend to have the small ink pads or daubers so don't find wandering ink to be a problem

Rainbowwand
02-04-2009, 11:10 AM
i also have them and i also do not cut them, i find it easier to just check for stray ink and wipe it away before stamping

lolathelamb
02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh dear lola, somehow you have managed to make this sound like it's a rather corrupt thing to do :D Perhaps I should get a dirty gray mackintosh to go with my Ez-Mounted stamps ;) :D Lola has that sort of mind; Shirl pretends not!

Ribbons
02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Other members here have removed the foam and mount the rubber on acrylic blocks using EZ mount but I am not into that!

Oh I didn't know that I thought it was for the wood mounted stamps - could someone tell me how you go about it and also if it works well please?

Prudence2
02-04-2009, 03:26 PM
I have a few sets of the foam stamps and I like them very much. I find that the foam makes it very easy to make sure you have used pressure over the entire stamp - not always so easy with wooden backed. I also confess that I hack mine about with a craft knife.:eek:

Sandra
02-04-2009, 04:59 PM
I love mine... hack them to bits too. The only trouble I have is storage. One day I'll get round to taking the rubber off and using on rock-a-blocks :rolleyes:

kookietiger
03-04-2009, 12:32 AM

Oh I didn't know that I thought it was for the wood mounted stamps - could someone tell me how you go about it and also if it works well please?

That was going to be my next question, I'll start another thread :)

kookietiger
03-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice,
think I'll nuke em in the microwave when they eventually arrive :D

Dips
03-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice,
think I'll nuke em in the microwave when they eventually arrive :D

I'm sooo intrigued now, what does that do:confused:

sheilaj
03-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm sooo intrigued now, what does that do:confused:

softens the glue so you can peel the stamp off the backing...I'd go gently with the foam ones as too much nuking might melt the foam