PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Eraser Mode on Cameo

Julie
04-10-2014, 11:10 PM
No matter what I do, I cant get rid of the eraser.

Googled without any joy. Turned my puter on and off three times and pressed every button known to man.

How on earth do I turn it off ???

Any help welcomed before my Cameo goes out of the window !!!

MTIA

Dax
04-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Julie clicking the arrow icon on the left side should clear it. It's the first icon below 'file'.

If that does not work and you are using a computer with Windows bring up the task manager (keys alt, ctrl, delete all at the same time). Click on processes (second tab) and scroll down and see if Studio is on the list. If so click on 'stop process'.

If nothing else works then uninstall and re-install Studio.

Julie
05-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Julie clicking the arrow icon on the left side should clear it. It's the first icon below 'file'.

If that does not work and you are using a computer with Windows bring up the task manager (keys alt, ctrl, delete all at the same time). Click on processes (second tab) and scroll down and see if Studio is on the list. If so click on 'stop process'.

If nothing else works then uninstall and re-install Studio.

Thank you so much Dax, not on Windows here but I have now had three error messages with report sent to whoever, hoping it is their glitch and not me being just daft ! :mysmilie_505:

Will try try the re-install in the morning if it isn't fixed. Daren't do it now because if it doesn't work I will be up all night fiddling.

Little Jan
05-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Hope you get it sorted Julie
I hate it when gadgets play up especially when they
Are not cheap
Like my gypsy when I had only used it a dozen times it froze
And nothing worked to fix it

Dax
05-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Thank you so much Dax, not on Windows here but I have now had three error messages with report sent to whoever, hoping it is their glitch and not me being just daft ! :mysmilie_505:

Will try try the re-install in the morning if it isn't fixed. Daren't do it now because if it doesn't work I will be up all night fiddling.

Julie it probably is their glitch as there are still a few bugs in Studio and it does help if users email Silhouette support.

If it happens again after re-installing delete it and install the earlier version of Studio.

Hope you get it sorted Julie
I hate it when gadgets play up especially when they
Are not cheap
Like my gypsy when I had only used it a dozen times it froze
And nothing worked to fix it

Jan luckily for us Silhouette owners up to now it's a software problem cause because they are continually updating the program adding new features. Unlike Provo Craft who seem to me to leave problems unsolved and bring out new gadgets. The latest versions of Studio can still be used with the very first Craft Robos and Silhouette machines, with the exception of using the PixScan mats because of the different registration marks.

Dax
08-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Julie it was a bug in Studio which has now been fixed in the latest update according to the release notes.

http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software/silhouette-studio

Carolina Moon
08-10-2014, 03:02 PM
I'm glad it wasn't just me! I found I clicked arrow to get out then I couldn't go into knife or eraser again.

Julie
08-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Julie it was a bug in Studio which has now been fixed in the latest update according to the release notes.

http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software/silhouette-studio

Thank you so much Dax, glad to know for once it wasn't me being daft.

Dax
08-10-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm glad it wasn't just me! I found I clicked arrow to get out then I couldn't go into knife or eraser again.

I never had the problem with the knife and never used the eraser as I don't like it leaves nodes (cutting points) behind. Editing them out I find a nightmare.

Thank you so much Dax, glad to know for once it wasn't me being daft.

Julie no way were you being 'daft' I think you are clever using an Apple/Mac computer.

Some of the members on the US forum are on Silhouette's Beta testing team and use Mac so if you want to know something about bugs and problems check there.