PDA

View Full Version : Possible Birthday Swap 4

Marzipan
06-04-2009, 08:41 AM
As the possibiliy of a 4th birthday swap was mentioned, i thought i would just see if their was anybody interested in joining one.

gill71
06-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi Marzipan

I would like to join in please:)

gill
x

LoobyLou
06-04-2009, 11:28 AM
I would be interested Marzi, having just been rejected for Phree's swap:(

Would this be to start now? Or were you thinking of aiming at birthdays later in the year? I'm easy for either, having luckily already made April's cards for my other swap group.

Looby

PS Phree, only teasing ya, I realise you were full up.

Phree
06-04-2009, 01:05 PM
LOL Looby, I would love to have been able to say yes to everyone, but from previous discussions on the old forum it seemed to be that most folks think around 12 to 15 is a nice sort of size for these kind of swaps - plenty of lovely cards to open on our own birthdays, but not such a huge making committment that members start to feel overwhelmed by it.

Marzi well done for posting about a 4th group, don't give up on it too fast because I seem to recall it took me maybe a couple of months for there to be enough interest to get the second group up and running and it seemed to be the say way when ArtySam started group 3. If your group got underway round about July time I am thinking that would make it space in rather nicely between exisiting start dates for the other groups.

Mistyblue
06-04-2009, 08:39 PM
I dithered about joining Phrees swap group 'cos I'm not a "seasoned crafter" although I do sell a few at a local farmers market but they are fairly simple cards IYSWIM. I am going to bite the bullet and ask if I could join the new swap group please. Thanks for organising this Marzipan.

Julie
06-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I dithered about joining Phrees swap group 'cos I'm not a "seasoned crafter" although I do sell a few at a local farmers market but they are fairly simple cards IYSWIM. I am going to bite the bullet and ask if I could join the new swap group please. Thanks for organising this Marzipan.

Good for you Mistyblue, most people on here don't sell any of their cards, that is far braver than joining the card swap !!! :)

Sure you will find it fun.

Mistyblue
06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Good for you Mistyblue, most people on here don't sell any of their cards, that is far braver than joining the card swap !!! :)

Sure you will find it fun.

Thanks for the encouragement Julie :)
I find it harder to show other crafters my work though especially when I have seen so many wonderful cards on here. Still I will give it a go.

Dips
07-04-2009, 07:01 AM
Oh, you'll love it MB, it is such a pleasure. I also have a couple of cards made up in reserve because sometimes my work gets a bit OTT and it helps take the pressure off!

LoobyLou
16-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Just thought I would bump this up as all those Easter Bunnies have trampled it to way down the pile!

Looby