PDA

View Full Version : Query re Scan and Cut

Deefersmum
19-12-2014, 06:49 AM
I was thinking (I do sometimes :mysmilie_507:). Am I right in thinking you can use the Silhouette America cuts? If so, I take it you put them on the SD card? If so, how do they 'appear' on the small screen (as in what do they look like)? I usually sit watching the telly and playing with the cuts on my laptop - I was just trying to imagine what it's like with the small screen and not being able to have the Silhouette America split screen so that you can see how cuts are made up. The Santa on the card I posted on here had lots of layers so I needed the guidance from the screen. Just one of my random thoughts............

Jacksmissis
19-12-2014, 07:55 AM
ooooooooooooooh too early Deefy, would Dax have the answer? or maybe Mel? or could you USB it onto your lappy? ...mutter.... mutter...off for a coffee

Deefersmum
19-12-2014, 10:34 AM
ooooooooooooooh too early Deefy, would Dax have the answer? or maybe Mel? or could you USB it onto your lappy? ...mutter.... mutter...off for a coffee

:mysmilie_853: - go and have another sleep on the sofa

clumsycrafter
19-12-2014, 12:31 PM
You can't use the Silhouette ( studio) files in the SNC. The SNC only reads SVG and FCM cutting files. You would need to convert the studio files. Peeps use various softwares including Inkscape (free). You can import jpeg and png into the online 'programme' Canvas - also free, by Brother. Some print off the images and scan them in. Lots of info on youtube.
You would struggle to see large and complicated files on the small screen on the machine - you would need to use Canvas, then save to PC and or USB. Canvas will import jpeg, png, svg and fcm but not studio files. I do not really like canvas.

If you have the designer edition of studio, you can save studio files as svg files, even though they say you can't. Just change the file name by adding, .svg to the file name. Sometimes though, the SNC and Canvas will not 'read' the file.

Clear as mud?? Sorry, but really hectic day today but hope that is of some little help.

glynisrose
19-12-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't know how anyone could design on that minuscule screen!!

Victoria
19-12-2014, 10:26 PM
I don't know how anyone could design on that minuscule screen!!

I don't think I would be able to manage! That's what I love about the Cameo - a full computer screen and you can also zoom into some really detailed stuff.