PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year & Crafty Resolutions.

Craftysusan
01-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Happy New Year to all my crafty friends. Hope you all have a fantastic 2015. Do you have any crafting new year's resolutions? Mine is to try and keep my craft room tidier (starting with a grand clear out today!).

Deefersmum
01-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Happy New Year to you too I don't think mine will be a diet just yet - hubby has put the bread maker on and the smell is delish!

Craftysusan
01-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Mmm. Leave the back door open Deefy and I will be round with my plum jam.

annlowther2000
01-01-2015, 11:52 AM
I have already cleaned up the craft room,ready for the treats that my generous husband bought me for christmas and beyond.On the understanding that come today I don't spend anything on craft stuff ....except glue until March!!!!A mad promise I know but I am going to try,although I did like the look of the HD pick of the week..........Happy New Year to everyone.

Chalet School Fan
01-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Happy New Year everyone. My resolution is to use up my stash or give it away!

Deefersmum
01-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Mmm. Leave the back door open Deefy and I will be round with my plum jam.

He's slightly wrecked the situation by starting to cook some chilli - pooooooooooooooooo!

Victoria
01-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Happy New Year to you all. My crafty resolution is to tackle some of the 3D wooden projects I bought from Anne Marie Designs last Spring at the Port Sunlight fair. I bought very little new stuff last year, apart from glue and I can't really see me buying anything new this year either. I'm quite self-disciplined where craft is concerned - but not where there's any chocolate about!!

jube
01-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Happy New Year. My new years resolution is that I have enough money to get a silhouette so now need to play with the programme and then finally decide which one. I know it should be the portrait as DH is not keen on and for what I need it for it's ideal with a scan mat, so must now get off my backside and stop sitting on the fence.

RozMinis
01-01-2015, 06:03 PM
My revolution, sorry resolution, is not to spend munny on paper crafting stuff, except essentials that is. Can't live without glue, DS tape, and stuff like that. The same applies to cross stitch stuff. I have way too much of both, so once again only essentials. Which reminds me, must remember to cancel my 'fabric of the month' from Sparklies. Might get the latest one as the shop owner will probably have got herself organised, so it wouldn't be fair to stop my sub now.

Shouldn't really buy any more knitting yarn either, though if Dot does have a sale, and there is something I really like, then I may have to dig deep. ;)

Well all that is 'the plan', can't help wondering just how long my good intentions will last. ;)

Roz

Craftysusan
01-01-2015, 09:56 PM
He's slightly wrecked the situation by starting to cook some chilli - pooooooooooooooooo!
In that case I shall keep well clear, I don't like chilli. Now if it was a curry.......

Julie
01-01-2015, 09:59 PM
My resolution is to use every die I have at least once, this could take some time !! :blush:

Craftysusan
01-01-2015, 10:03 PM
I have finished tidying my craft room - i green bag of paper and one bag of rubbish. Where does it all come from? I found loads of nice paper and card I had forgotten about and some Christmas Hunkydory kits I had forgotten I had bought at my local craft shop a couple of months ago. Never mind they will come in for next year. Also finished a happy New Year card for someone we had an unexpected Christmas card from so I am now officially exhausted. Loving hearing about your resolutions (mostly to spend less on craft, like that is really going to happen!). I say the same thing every year.

Little Jan
02-01-2015, 11:37 AM
My new years resolution
Is to stop saying I'll keep that just in case
I have bagged up stuff
craft and other stuff but keep going back to them thinking I might need that, so the sooner we can get to charity shop and dump the better:111:

RozMinis
02-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Mmmm, yes, there is a load of stuff I have that is never going to get used. All that glittery stuff for instance. I am not a glittery person at the best of times, so where all the jars of the stuff have come from I have no idea. Think they must have been in goody bags, or something of that ilk.

I too have dies that haven't been used, or haven't been used in an eon, ditto punches and rubber stamps.

Roz

Tazzie
03-01-2015, 12:05 AM
Happy New Year from me, my resolution is to tidy my craft stuff, keep it organised and use it up or dump it! I've recycled two bags so far, it's mostly left over christmas stuff from years back and I've also gotten rid of all my peel offs and stamp it up ink pads!

Jacksmissis
03-01-2015, 07:09 AM
In't it ridiculous - grown ups having to steel ourselves to let stuff go, rather like kids well loved toys!!

Penelope
03-01-2015, 09:53 AM
I really need to do my craft room, its so messy and now I have another new toy to put somewhere... so much stuff so little time.

linnick
03-01-2015, 10:31 AM
My resolutions are to make shaped cards instead of just straight forward A5, not buy dies just because I've seen one card made using them and use up some stash!
Like you all I have loads of stuff to use up. It's quite frightening just how many kits I buy and only use a few elements. Just seen the HD lady make a center stepper card so off to have a go
Lin

debo
03-01-2015, 01:26 PM
One New Year's Resolution is to not leave Christmas makes til December!!!!! Think I should make a list now and plan to make something each month. I had SO many ideas (and purchases!!!) but didn't get any of them done! (I noticed yesterday that I'd hung up my Christmas wallhanging with needle and thread still attached - I started that YEARS ago and it's still not finished!)

So 2nd resolution is to finish things I've already started!

Chalet School Fan
03-01-2015, 06:02 PM
I'm the same Debo. I like the idea of making something every month. Cards don't sell so well with high postage costs, so I think I'll make a range of Christmas decorations to sell at our Christmas fair next year. We have a nice lady who rents a stall and sells knitted decorations, so I'll avoid those. I made some pretty decorations die cutting snowflakes from foam sheets and spraying them with glitter varnish, but I ran out of time to make many. I also thought I might make some small rag dolls and dress them in Christmas sweaters to use up my odds and ends of wool and fabrics.

RozMinis
03-01-2015, 06:16 PM
In't it ridiculous - grown ups having to steel ourselves to let stuff go, rather like kids well loved toys!!

Grown up.............. what meeee? No chuck, I tried growing up, didn't like it so reverted back to childhood. The only difference is that I know how much money comes in, and what bills have to be paid before I can spend on my own goodies. I understand I have to save some for holidays and so I can have a nice spend up at Harrogate in November.

Roz

Craftysusan
03-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Love the idea of Christmas dolls and decorations Chaletschoolfan. If you make any perhaps you could post them on here for us to ooh and ahh over.

RozMinis
03-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Can't beat hand made goodies at Christmas. My trees and walls are covered with hand made stuff. I'm sure I can hear the trees stirring whenever I make something new. :39:

Roz

Jacksmissis
03-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Did 'wee cuddlybug' get some nice pressies ?

Chalet School Fan
03-01-2015, 09:12 PM
I had to make a 50th birthday card today so I used some very old stick on 'Scrabble' type tiles which I bought from Docrafts when I first started card making. It turned out very well (the tag line was 50 is 19 in Scrabble!). I've decided that, as with all fashion, what goes around comes around and my old stuff will look just as good as the new goodies in a different context.

RozMinis
04-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Did 'wee cuddlybug' get some nice pressies ?

Bought him a Sue Wilson border die, one of those that has a couple of extra edging bits so he doesn't get bored. Being an idiot, well that is what the bus driver said I was, I went to Wath on Christmas eve. Dead quiet it was too, so one of my new year thingies is to repeat my idiotness again next Christmas eve. Anywhoo, I digress, I found a craft shop in Wath that I haven't seen before, don't make a habit of going there so it isn't really surprising. Anyroadup, they were having a craft sale, so bought my wee chap some embossing folders, three of them for next to nothing. One contented little cuddlybug, even more so when he was also given other goodies in the UKATC 12 days of Christmas swap.

He will have to be patient for a while now though as I really am not going to spend money for a while. I'm sure he will have lots of fun with what he has, and I have promised him that the minute I see a church die that I want, he will be the first to know. He also knows I have promised him a sleigh and reindeer die, though that won't be for a few months yet. :)

Roz

Jacksmissis
04-01-2015, 06:41 PM
That little guy is ruined Roz, he'll be a right little upstart when he grows up. One of our craft shops closed mid Dec but I didn't know till it was too late. Such a shame but I rather think the lease may have been up and she didn't want tying for another however many years.

RozMinis
04-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Think he must be like me, doesn't intend growing up! ;)

Roz

Dax
07-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Belated Happy New Year to everyone.

A few days after Christmas we went with our caravan to the Forest of Dean with our little club for new year and both me and hubby been ill since we came home. I am not too bad but hubby really suffering. Manflu with sickness etc., yet he has had the flue jab and I did not. Youngest grandson had it before and over Christmas, then our daughter (his mum) over new year and she is still suffering and on the sick from work.

My new year resolution is to TRY really hard and not spend so much on craft goodies.

Craftysusan
07-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Glad your feeling better Dax. Hope your family get over their illness soon too. Spending less would be lovely but I'm not sure how achievable it is going to be for some of us.

Jacksmissis
07-01-2015, 06:45 PM
You're not by yourselves Dax, such a lot of peeps poorly - hope you both better soon. Don't think anything is worse than a poorly fella. We women just get on with it but my word don't they moan? My Jack been ill since New Years Eve (even ASKED me to drive Sunday) I got it too now but hey ho!

RozMinis
08-01-2015, 06:21 PM
I felt a bit under the wotsit on Tuesday, don't think I was all that great on Monday either, but I did my best to ignore it. Whatever it was it hasn't hung around, well other than crawling out of bed on a dark morning is getting more and more difficult.

I hope everybody who isn't feeling up to snuff soon feels better.

Roz

Dax
08-01-2015, 11:02 PM
You're not by yourselves Dax, such a lot of peeps poorly - hope you both better soon. Don't think anything is worse than a poorly fella. We women just get on with it but my word don't they moan? My Jack been ill since New Years Eve (even ASKED me to drive Sunday) I got it too now but hey ho!

You are spot on JM, they don't half let you know when they are poorly. We have not been out, so he has not asked me to drive. Not sure what will happen when the cupboard and fridge are bare. Let me drive his pride and joy on my own. :mysmilie_62: Ordered some new slipper boots from Tesco, F&F which can't be delivered to our little Tesco Express. I have to go to the nearest superstore a few miles away. I need them as old ones have hole at toes and twice now caught it and tripped going up the stairs. :giggle: Honest not been drinking either.

I hope you are better soon JM. I have been lucky just caught the cold/flu part so can still do all the household jobs including his of putting the rubbish out. :muscle:

Jacksmissis
09-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks Dax. That asking me to drive shocked me to the core - I knew he must be ill ! we were only taking some stuff to my son's old house then calling around at the new one so would only be out a couple of hours. If you go to pick your things up be careful, the winds are horrendous this morning - around here anyway. Just tell him you're going, you won't be long and does he want you to pick him anything up? Good luck!!

RozMinis
09-01-2015, 07:43 PM
We'll believe you Dax! ;)

Wind is driving me nuts. About the only place it seems almost quiet is the bedroom, at least it will be until I go to bed, then no doubt all hell will be let loose. I'm expecting the greenhouse roof to vanish anytime, though with luck the shed roof might survive. All four bins are jammed up against the front of the shed, so I am hopeful they too will be ok. The most frightening thing though is the creaks and groans coming from the panel with the back door and window. The wind is blowing in that direction, I'm just hoping it will hold, though as it sounds as though it is going to get worse before it gets better, it will be more a case of crossing fingers.

Roz

Jacksmissis
09-01-2015, 07:56 PM
STAY SAFE EVERYONE like Roz says, its supposed to get worse over the weekend. We've had it hitting us from the front since yesterday (coming from the West) at about 3.30 this afternoon it stopped - oomph thought I, they've got it wrong again! At around 6pm it started again and has turned and coming right off the sea now. Its truly dreadful, the noise is unbelievable! Not raining yet but the weather lady did say we will be getting some and possibly the white stuff too. How those poor folk going on in Scotland I cant imagine, and I certainly hope there are not boats out there.