PDA

View Full Version : Welly's Birthday card(s)

Deefersmum
01-04-2015, 12:21 PM
As requested by Welly, here's my birthday card (fingers crossed this is going to work). The background is embossed with Sheena's lanterns but it doesn't really show up very well.

P.S. There is no need to apologise Welly - technology is a pain in the butt sometimes (to say the least).

lovepaperstroking2
01-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Gorgeous card..

Victoria
01-04-2015, 04:31 PM
That's such a cute image. Love the coin too!

Victoria
01-04-2015, 04:37 PM
And here's mine. It was a Silhouette Cameo creation. I'm going through a strange colour combo phase at the moment!

Deefersmum
01-04-2015, 05:18 PM
That's such a cute image. Love the coin too!

She's a 'print and cut' from Silhouette.

Deefersmum
01-04-2015, 05:22 PM
And here's mine. It was a Silhouette Cameo creation. I'm going through a strange colour combo phase at the moment!

Lovely card. You may think it's a "strange colour combo" but it works!

lovepaperstroking2
01-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Lovely card Victoria...I like using those colours.

Summer
01-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Wonderful cards Defeersmum and Victoria.

I have used that colour combo quite a bit Victoria.

Love that P & C image Deefersmum. I can't do P & C on my old robo and it will be the thing that will 'make' me buy the Cameo sooner or later.

Deefersmum
01-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Wonderful cards Defeersmum and Victoria.

I have used that colour combo quite a bit Victoria.

Love that P & C image Deefersmum. I can't do P & C on my old robo and it will be the thing that will 'make' me buy the Cameo sooner or later.

I printed and cut the image on my very old robo so I don't understand why it won't work on yours. The only problem I have had is with the little 'eye' that finds the registration marks and the printed image on the sheet - that was solved by making sure the machine is in good light i.e not too gloomy or dark.

Victoria
01-04-2015, 06:54 PM
I haven't explored the print and cut option yet (I've only had the Cameo for nearly 3 years!!). Isn't it a brilliant machine?

Jacksmissis
01-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Lovely cards ladies! How very frustrating for you Welly, hope its sorted for you soon

(I think that lickle lass is ACE Deefy! lovely and cute - I want to adopt!!)

Deefersmum
01-04-2015, 07:21 PM
I want to adopt!!

So do I! I love eastern features. I have used her quite a lot (there are other ones as well), but it's just her little face that is so sweet.

Deefersmum
01-04-2015, 07:32 PM
I haven't explored the print and cut option yet (I've only had the Cameo for nearly 3 years!!). Isn't it a brilliant machine?

I have still only been using my Robo. I have a dreadful admission to make in that I haven't used my Cameo yet - I just can't because David bought half of it for me and it upsets me so much I can't use it.

I agree with you that the whole concept of the Robo/Cameo is brilliant.

Victoria
02-04-2015, 12:01 AM
I have still only been using my Robo. I have a dreadful admission to make in that I haven't used my Cameo yet - I just can't because David bought half of it for me and it upsets me so much I can't use it.

I agree with you that the whole concept of the Robo/Cameo is brilliant.

That's quite understandable, you were so close. How about using the Cameo to make something in memory of your brother when you feel up to it, like a scrapbook or a framed photo/layout?

jube
02-04-2015, 01:55 PM
I love the cards and the colours are just my taste, well done.

Susan W
04-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Oops another sideways pic, sorry x

Susan W
04-04-2015, 06:54 PM
I think half my message is missing above. This isn't the card I sent, but a very similar one I made for my friend. Lots of ink and Crafty Individuals hare stamp.

Victoria
04-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Never mind that it's on its side, we can see it all the same. I think it looks very 'arty' and stylish. Crafty Individuals make some lovely stamps, I have a few myself.

Deefersmum
05-04-2015, 08:09 AM
I think half my message is missing above. This isn't the card I sent, but a very similar one I made for my friend. Lots of ink and Crafty Individuals hare stamp.

Firstly, great card - well done.

Secondly, thank you for reminding me of the makers of the hare stamp! I'm off to try and find it..........

I love hares and have several pieces of Celtic jewellery incorporating them.

Deefersmum
05-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Apparently (according to Crafty Individuals) they are 'Crowned Bunnies' (no they're not, they're hares - look at the lugs).