PDA

View Full Version : Funky Hand closing down

Deefersmum
01-08-2015, 05:30 PM
I have just received the following email from Funky Hand

I started Funky Hand in my back bedroom in 2006 as a complete change of career direction and since then it's been a wonderful rollercoaster of new experiences. Good and bad !

I am now making another change and I have started a new career working in Digital Marketing.

I can't close the virtual doors without saying goodbye and thank you to all my wonderful customers. From today until next Saturday (8th August) there is a BIG sale over on the website. For example all my downloadable paper collections are just 50p each! Come over grab some Funky Hand stash before we close.

Thanks for everything & happy crafting
Anice xx

www.funkyhand.com

(http://funkyhand.us8.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=e95b38c2a4b39a3ad0c422805&id=d285dfb080&e=0ac2af58e9)Anice's cds were some of the first crafting cds I bought. I hope things go well for her.

(http://funkyhand.us8.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=e95b38c2a4b39a3ad0c422805&id=d285dfb080&e=0ac2af58e9)

Jacksmissis
01-08-2015, 05:38 PM
ooh I liked that girl Deefy, she's lovely - havent seen her for a long time. I too hope it all goes well for her.

Chalet School Fan
01-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Really sad as I have all her CDs and bought a Zutter binder to make the wordbooks. I was just playing with them to make some Chr....... wordbooks this week. I suppose in the craft industry today there isn't space for small, imaginative companies like Funkyhand. A great pity.
Sounds as if Anice is enjoying a new career path, from what she wrote on her blog. I wish her well.

jube
01-08-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm so sorry. I have all her cd's. I wish well in her new venture.

pyjama princess
01-08-2015, 06:22 PM
I have all the CDs too. I wish her well for the future.

sam
01-08-2015, 06:22 PM
I used to like watching her on Create and Craft in the days when C&C used to welcome small companies, before they concentrated on bigger, all make the same product companies.

Jacksmissis
01-08-2015, 07:10 PM
I've been over and put an order in and also sent her a note. If you're wanting to order, do be quick, many things are sold out peeps.

Jilly
01-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Like you all I have all her CD's. Was never interested in the individual downloads - maybe that's where it started to go wrong - shame - another company gone. Good luck to her.

pyjama princess
02-08-2015, 08:44 AM
I just read her blog post and the reason for closing isn't to do with lack of business. In 2014 she found she was losing her passion for designing - even going so far as to clean her bathroom instead of being at her desk. She's been considering closing for sometime and started her new job a few months ago.

Victoria
02-08-2015, 03:12 PM
My one and only crafting CD is one of hers and I bought it specifically for the wordbooks. I made about 25 of them using her CD and then I bought my Cameo and of course it was so much easier to use that for the wordbooks. I always enjoyed her demos too.

Jacksmissis
09-08-2015, 05:58 PM
I was just wondering if any of you put an order in and if so have you received it please ? I put mine in on the 1st of August and its still showing as "being prepared" ? I did wonder if maybe they were waiting until they closed on the 8th and then sending them all out at once - just a thought!

jube
10-08-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm still waiting for mine. I did wonder if she was making new cd's them sending them out or has so many orders that it's taking her ages to do them all. The prices were fantastic.

Jacksmissis
10-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Just to let you all know, I dropped Anise an email - not to complain, but just to ask nicely about the order and she's sent me a lovely one back, she's been overwhelmed (think she meant emotionally as well as physically) and is very grateful for all the orders and she's working her way through them but she's doing all the picking/packing herself so, along with her new job it may be a little while. I replied that it was fine and she should take her time and that I was only enquiring incase it had slipped through the net, so dont worry peeps, she is doing her best to get them out to us!

jube
11-08-2015, 09:07 AM
I don't think she realised just how popular she was. I for one will miss her.

jube
19-08-2015, 11:01 AM
My V Funky cd has just arrived. So pleased I ordered it as the designs are beautiful.

Jacksmissis
19-08-2015, 06:54 PM
All my order came yesterday but I've only just picked it up from the post office today, beautifully packed too. Not had time to play but will try over next few days. Thank you Anise!