PDA

View Full Version : Have you joined the club yet?

Marie
27-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Yes, I've joined, thought it's worth the monthly £6.97 for free p&p.

Who else has joined?:wave:

Jilly
27-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Not till I see what their prices are! If 20% off is only on certain items and postage is £2.95 plus £1 for every additional items to be paying £6.97 per month you need to be committed to some serious buying every month. :thinking:

PinkPig
27-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Did you ring or go online?

Marie
27-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Rang up - because the website wasn't working!

Carolina Moon
27-08-2015, 11:48 AM
i am trying to watch on line but can't see anything!

Marie
27-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Not till I see what their prices are! If 20% off is only on certain items and postage is £2.95 plus £1 for every additional items to be paying £6.97 per month you need to be committed to some serious buying every month. :thinking:

Good point but I can always cancel it if I want. I just thought I'd try it out and see how it goes.

Deefersmum
27-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Good point but I can always cancel it if I want. I just thought I'd try it out and see how it goes.

Can you just cancel at any time?

Lioness
27-08-2015, 12:07 PM

You are right. You need to buy more than 5 items a month to cover the monthly membership if there are no other discounts on the items you buy. However it does depend on the cost of the items too.

Edited to add - Just realised that my calculation is based on ordering 5 items as one order. So if you placed 29 or more separate orders over a year you would recover your costs assuming no other discounts.

Samsfriendjean
27-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Apparently there's a free gift if you join the club now, and I thought it was a box of goodies, but when they showed the pic it looked like just a box for storage. Missed part of the details anyway so may have got it round my neck. Wonder how C & C are feeling, despite one or two hiccups Hochanda seems to have a lot of potential.

Jilly
27-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Can you just cancel at any time?

So it says in the small print on the email. Two months payment covers your free box - but who knows what you'll get and if you want what's in it!!!
I'm sitting on the fence. Chloe's stamps are coming out as the same as buying from her own site - including paying the single postage. Her site is flat rate postage whereas you'd pay the additional £1 for more on Hochanda - but give credit where credit is due they aren't hyping up the prices - but on the downside if they are selling from having bulk purchase you'd hope they'd be a bit cheaper!

essdeecee
27-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Hello everyone!

Well, I knew where to come (back) to see what crafters are thinking...my big query/concern/niggle is HOCHANDA being based in Peterborough. Is it definitely independent of C&C that they're trying desperately not to mention?

I've recorded some shows to finish watching lately...making my husband's anniversary card came first today! Job done.

Enjoy your day!

PS those that may remember me...I've been seriously ill for two years and had three major ops. I'm creeping back into a "normal" life again but it all takes time and energy that I just don't have. It is lovely to come back here and I'll do my best to catch up with some threads and members.

Lioness
27-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Nice to see you back Essdeecee! Hope you are getting better

Lioness
27-08-2015, 01:06 PM
So it says in the small print on the email. Two months payment covers your free box - but who knows what you'll get and if you want what's in it!!!

I think the storage box is empty
I'm surprised that they have not added something for people who join today - would have been a nice gesture for founder members

Samsfriendjean
27-08-2015, 01:10 PM
I'm sitting on the fence. Chloe's stamps are coming out as the same as buying from her own site - including paying the single postage. Her site is flat rate postage whereas you'd pay the additional £1 for more on Hochanda - but give credit where credit is due they aren't hyping up the prices - but on the downside if they are selling from having bulk purchase you'd hope they'd be a bit cheaper!

Is the box full of craft goodies then? When they showed you a pic of an empty box I thought that was it - or was that so the contents would be a surprise? In any event I'm not intending to join the club yet, it seems far too expensive.

Little Jan
27-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone!

Well, I knew where to come (back) to see what crafters are thinking...my big query/concern/niggle is HOCHANDA being based in Peterborough. Is it definitely independent of C&C that they're trying desperately not to mention?

I've recorded some shows to finish watching lately...making my husband's anniversary card came first today! Job done.

Enjoy your day!

PS those that may remember me...I've been seriously ill for two years and had three major ops. I'm creeping back into a "normal" life again but it all takes time and energy that I just don't have. It is lovely to come back here and I'll do my best to catch up with some threads and members.

Welcome back lovely to see you again
Take things easy and dont over do it

Little Jan
27-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Is the box full of craft goodies then? When they showed you a pic of an empty box I thought that was it - or was that so the contents would be a surprise? In any event I'm not intending to join the club yet, it seems far too expensive.

They did say a handy storage box no mention of contents

Sue
27-08-2015, 01:17 PM
It'll be an empty box.

Deefersmum
27-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Hello everyone!

Enjoy your day!

How lovely to see you posting again! I was wondering how you were and where you were - now I know!

Jilly
27-08-2015, 02:18 PM
They did say a handy storage box no mention of contents

I missed that - can get storage boxes two a penny!!

Jayne W
27-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Free gift looks like a cardboard storage box that doesn't even have a lid worth £14.99 how anyone could value that at that price is beyond me.

Glingle
27-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Looks like the free gift is a my buddy box - sorry can't remember who it was but someone posted the TV schedule and a link to their website as they will be doing some hours on the channel

Spendsloads
27-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Lovely to see you posting essdeecee. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well and hope you are recovering from your illness.

Marie
27-08-2015, 04:31 PM
I think it is just a storage box, so I'm not too exited about that. But I just thought I'd give the whole thing a try for a few months and see if there are any good 20% discounts that make it worth having. I'll probably try out the Craft Channel's offering if they have one.

It's not that I've loads of money to keep buying memberships plus I'm usually working during the day so only usually see what's on at weekends & evenings, though I've had a few hours off today to have a look at the new channel.

I guess in format it will be similar to C&C, but I am hoping that the new classroom format mentioned by Barbara G at launch will be something new. I used to enjoy her classes on C&C.

Anyway C&C seem to have some decent stuff on their giveaway this weekend, with free p&p today.
Personally, I'm going to enjoy having a lot more choice when it comes to tv crafting and it will be great to see lots of different crafts and craft suppliers on tv. :mysmilie_848:

AND I can't wait to see Sue Wilson's newist dies this evening. Now a decent 20% off there would be good.

Marie
27-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Hello everyone!

Enjoy your day!

Hi Shirl, lovely to see you back here and my best wishes for your recover as always.

I think that it IS an independent channel, from everything I've read the main shareholders have no connections with IW/C&C although one of the founders of Hochanda was one of the brains behind the original C&C. So I guess that's why the format is similar.

Happy Anniversary for you and Pete!

Stitch
27-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Hi Shirl, lovely to see you back here and my best wishes for your recover as always.

I think that it IS an independent channel, from everything I've read the main shareholders have no connections with IW/C&C although one of the founders of Hochanda was one of the brains behind the original C&C. So I guess that's why the format is similar.

Happy Anniversary for you and Pete!

Independent owners - "Hochanda Ltd has been founded by the original entrepreneurial innovators and developers behind Create and Craft TV".

RozMinis
27-08-2015, 07:04 PM

You don't get anything in it, just an empty storage box. It doesn't even have a lid. :(

Roz

RozMinis
27-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Nice to see you back essdeecee. Not joined the club as I reckon it is too expensive, and I like to spread my money around a bit, quite a lot in fact. I've often found stuff cheaper elsewhere, and often with free p & p.

Roz

PurplePenny
27-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Is it definitely independent of C&C that they're trying desperately not to mention?

Hehe, they nearly mentioned it a couple of times, they really were trying so hard not to :D

Jacksmissis
28-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Hey!! welcome back essdeecee, so sorry you've been poorly and sincerely hope you're well on the mend now, hope you'll feel up to joining in again with us chuck.

Waterlily
28-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Lovely to see you back Shirl, so sorry to hear that you've been so poorly.

Susan W
28-08-2015, 10:59 AM
So sorry you've been ill Shirl, good to see you again, take it easy.
Susan xxx