PDA

View Full Version : Camera work and Martyn's remark on C&C

PurplePenny
28-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Switching between Hochanda and C&C I happened to catch Martyn on C&C making a remark about camera work. Sara (CC) had asked for a particular shot and they'd done it with no problems (as usual) and Martyn said "That's because we have humans behind our cameras" and the whole studio went "ooOOOOooooo".:giggle:

On Hochanda's crowd sourcing page it makes much of the fact that their studio is hi-tech with state of the art IT, so perhaps the cameras are remotely operated. If the person remotely operating isn't paying attention to what is being said that could explain the missed close-up and angle cues.

RozMinis
28-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Huh, so much for high tec then.

Roz

Deefersmum
29-08-2015, 06:40 AM
Switching between Hochanda and C&C I happened to catch Martyn on C&C making a remark about camera work. Sara (CC) had asked for a particular shot and they'd done it with no problems (as usual) and Martyn said "That's because we have humans behind our cameras" and the whole studio went "ooOOOOooooo".:giggle:

On Hochanda's crowd sourcing page it makes much of the fact that their studio is hi-tech with state of the art IT, so perhaps the cameras are remotely operated. If the person remotely operating isn't paying attention to what is being said that could explain the missed close-up and angle cues.

Good thinking Sherlock!

Jacksmissis
29-08-2015, 06:58 AM
I've said that on another thread - that C&C camera girls and boys, along with their expensive camera's are second to none, there's only very occasional hiccups. This new hi-tec whatever at Hochanda is awful and like others have said perhaps if the original date had been kept problems would have been sorted by now - even the blessed website doesnt work for orders.

helena
29-08-2015, 08:58 AM
The presenters on Hochanda seem respectful towards the guest. They don't look bored like Martyn and keep to the subject, asking questions we want to hear instead of trying to crack funnies all of the time. Also discussions with the producer, cameraman and pathetic magic hands is missing...thank goodness!
This really is what we've been waiting for...you watch, give it a couple of weeks and C&C may be sorry that they didn't listen to our complaints about same old boring companies on day after day, hour after hour!
Indigo Blu was on this morning and it was one of the most inspiring shows I've ever seen on Tv. Not only were there plenty demos but presenter and guest were so relaxed together.

jeanfan
29-08-2015, 10:12 AM
I record things on C & C and ff like many others. I have six hours recorded from Hochanda,mostly John with Sue's dies. I can't ff any of them because they are so interesting and he's giving out tips that I'd never have thought of. I watched one last night but I was doing something else at the same time,I kept having to rewind so I'm going to sit and watch from the beginning again.

Jean

Nebula
29-08-2015, 01:28 PM
The presenters on Hochanda seem respectful towards the guest. They don't look bored like Martyn and keep to the subject, asking questions we want to hear instead of trying to crack funnies all of the time. Also discussions with the producer, cameraman and pathetic magic hands is missing...thank goodness!
This really is what we've been waiting for...you watch, give it a couple of weeks and C&C may be sorry that they didn't listen to our complaints about same old boring companies on day after day, hour after hour!
Indigo Blu was on this morning and it was one of the most inspiring shows I've ever seen on Tv. Not only were there plenty demos but presenter and guest were so relaxed together.
Yes, totally agree, Helena, I really like the Hochanda presenters I've seen so far. They treat their viewers and guests as adults, they are respectful, calm and professional and none of the silliness of Martyn, Howard, magic hands and the rest. Long may it last. Good variety of products and demos and the technical glitches can be put right - the sound is better this morning for example. All looking hopeful for the future.

Samsfriendjean
29-08-2015, 02:29 PM
I watched Chloe's programme and really enjoyed it. Haven't watched any of todays yet, all recorded, looking forward to Indigo Blu. Despite a poor start in some areas, I think they show a lot of promise. I like the way the presenters let the guests get on with the demos and tell you about the products at the end of the demo. I don't intend to give up on C & C, there's room for both and hopefully they can learn from each other.

elvie
29-08-2015, 05:05 PM
I have to watch on my laptop as I have Virgin and no freeview. so far I am really impressed with their style and content. I think Martyn and possibly a few others are secretly cacking themselves !!!

C&C have had the monopoly for far too long, bring on the competition!

PurplePenny
30-08-2015, 12:28 AM
They got some excellent close-ups today and Barbara Grey mentioned it several times. The person(s) behind the remote (if there is such a thing) must be getting the hang of it :D

There was some chatter with the floor manager at one point because he'd made Hayley (proggy lady) laugh. I like the more relaxed style they've adopted, especially the dogs wandering around the studio.

dijit
30-08-2015, 04:36 AM
Watched Barbara Grey yesterday and the overhead camera is very clear. Looks like they need to get better cameras. I think yesterday looked better than Thursday and they are still settling in. Good luck to them

Jacksmissis
30-08-2015, 07:46 AM
Yes, I flicked on a couple of times yesterday and noticed the difference in the camera work and also the sound was better - not perfect but better. Those two doggies were flipping ace, my Milly would have been all over the place introducing herself!! I really did like the dog coat pattern but it was very expensive (IMO) Not that Milly would appreciates it anyway, she always grouses if she has one on - doesn't seem to realise it will keep her dry and/or warm!!

RozMinis
30-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Still in the dark though. It gets on himself' wick when I insist on altering the telly just for them, then he has to change it back for other stuff, bliddy footyball. :( I wouldn't mine if it was Gaelic footy, or even Aussie Rules, but soccer......... the only thing worth cheering for with that was Chelsea getting beat.

I just hope they have sorted out the lighting and website by Wednesday as there are a couple of programs I really want to see.

Roz