PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found

Spendsloads
05-09-2015, 12:10 PM
In the Jane Greenoff thread the other day, a number of us were reminiscing about the various things we made in sewing at school. I was going through the contents of the cupboards in the spare bedroom the other day and I found the pencil case I made in first year juniors. It was the first time I had come across binca and I remember I loved making it. My niece is about the same age now and loves crafting, so I must remember to show it to her.

Chalet School Fan
05-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Brilliant - that's just the kind of thing I remember making. Thanks for sharing.

clumsycrafter
05-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Oh, that brings back memories!

Little Jan
05-09-2015, 02:59 PM
My first hand made item was a cushion front using aida ,we all had to sew six rows round the fabric each row a different stitch
My mum still had it up till five years ago when she started throwing stuff away
So it must have been 44 years old give or take a year

RozMinis
05-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Oh bliss, I remember my first steps on Binca. No idea what happened to the stuff I made, or the peg bag made a year or two later. Used to have loads of cushions that had to be embroidered too, never actually completed any, but I did manage a couple of table cloths (tea table size) and a couple of tray cloths. No idea what happened to any of them.

They are practically giving that sort of thing away at a local antique centre. I'm not actually interested in purchasing any of the finished items, but I have invested in several that haven't been stitched.

Roz