PDA

View Full Version : I like it - happy hobbyist

chard
09-09-2015, 07:29 AM
I much prefer Hochanda now to C&C. I like to see a lot of different things so the variety of suppliers is great so far and I am sure will only get better. I have no problem with gardening / cooking and cars being a hobby - at least when that is on I am not tempted to buy something. I like the ordering desk and the delivery company. The picture and camera work is improving. I hope this channel has a good future - if not we will all lose out.

Mitzi
09-09-2015, 11:25 AM
I watched some of Indigoblu this morning and Kay was saying how nice it was to be able to do a proper long demo featuring lots of different products. There have certainly been plenty of teething problems but hopefully it will be successful going forward.

jube
09-09-2015, 04:20 PM
My husband's car is his hobby. He is at the moment washing it. He washed it everyday in France with a water bottle and special cloth that lives in the car. So I can't complain that it's on a hobby channel.

Mitzi
09-09-2015, 05:33 PM
My husband's car is his hobby. He is at the moment washing it. He washed it everyday in France with a water bottle and special cloth that lives in the car. So I can't complain that it's on a hobby channel.

Is it only his own car? Mine could really do with a clean, if he fancies popping round some time.

jube
09-09-2015, 05:52 PM
He cleans mine, son1 and 2, daughter, brother, my brother, son1and 2's girlfriends, anyone who within spitting distance. It's called a hobby the family call it OCD. He doesn't do housework, it's only the car he's bothered about especially the wheels, the sad thing is that I often comment on the wheels of other cars now.

Julie
09-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Lampshade making is up next. Really looking forward to it. Will have to be recorded though it clashes with Bake Off !

debo
09-09-2015, 06:26 PM
I have to say that I am enjoying the shows that I'm interested in! I like the relaxed feel from the presenters and, therefore, the guests.

I think that if they have a wider range of programmes there may be lots you're not going to be interested in but there should be more variety in the ones you like, rather than having to depend on, for example, Tonic and Tattered Lace and Spellbinders.

alan1302
09-09-2015, 07:25 PM
He cleans mine, son1 and 2, daughter, brother, my brother, son1and 2's girlfriends, anyone who within spitting distance. It's called a hobby the family call it OCD. He doesn't do housework, it's only the car he's bothered about especially the wheels, the sad thing is that I often comment on the wheels of other cars now.

Sounds like my neighbor...his car his spotless but the weeds on the driveway are a foot tall!

jube
10-09-2015, 11:58 AM
I enjoyed the lampshade programme, the gentleman making them looked a little nervous but that was to be expected.

auntie
10-09-2015, 12:03 PM
I recorded Richard Adams and finally know how to make the popup box :) I must confess to ordering the cd from another source !

sam
10-09-2015, 04:02 PM
I don't have a problem with lighting, sound, or choice of hobbies on the channel. The only problem that I have with it, is with some of the papercrafting guests. I didn't like to watch Barbara Gray, Chloe, Hougie Kay or Indigo blu Kay on C&C, so would rather they had stayed there as I'm watching less and less of that channel due to poor variety and irritating presenters.

Muffintop
11-09-2015, 11:11 AM
I caught Sue Mason this morning early doors and although there were more graphics on the screen, the sound and light had improved. I didn't noticed the pace picking up regarding selling but I am sure that will happen. The website is quite poor but that will improve. Barbara Grey is really pushing the channel on her blog, and asking for people to be understanding on teething troubles.

clevercat
11-09-2015, 12:15 PM
I am enjoying the shows that interest me, despite crafting for a long time I have learned and maybe have been reminded of
, tips and ideas that I can use. The shows that don't interest me will appeal to others. An example being lampshades but I know a couple of people who make fabulous lampshades for themselves and to order. A great point made earlier is no wall to wall Tatty Lace and other die cutting shows, just a wide variety. Also less temptation is good. Good luck to Hochanda and the Craft Channel, all crafters hopefully will benefit from some healthy competition in the market.

RozMinis
11-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Lampshade making is up next. Really looking forward to it. Will have to be recorded though it clashes with Bake Off !

Hope whoever did it made a better job than Debbie Shore. Poor lass nearly tied herself in knots with the double sided sticky tape.

Roz

RozMinis
11-09-2015, 07:27 PM
I recorded Richard Adams and finally know how to make the popup box :) I must confess to ordering the cd from another source !

Do you mean Robert Addams? I've always bought my CD's and dies directly from his website. Postage is free, and usually cheaper.

Roz

debo
18-09-2015, 08:39 PM
I saw a show today (a repeat) with a lady called Dawn making a pop-up box (I think she was demoing an A4 card package) So I took down the measurements and have tried it out with a piece of paper and it worked! She explains things really clearly and calmly. I must say that I've learnt a lot from Hochanda already (and I've been crafting for YEARS) and I like the fact that there's a more eclectic mix of companies on there.

(Haven't bought anything yet though!)

alan1302
18-09-2015, 08:47 PM
I saw a show today (a repeat) with a lady called Dawn making a pop-up box (I think she was demoing an A4 card package) So I took down the measurements and have tried it out with a piece of paper and it worked! She explains things really clearly and calmly. I must say that I've learnt a lot from Hochanda already (and I've been crafting for YEARS) and I like the fact that there's a more eclectic mix of companies on there.

(Haven't bought anything yet though!)

Think that might cause them some problems as I've seen a lot of people say they enjoy watching but haven't bought anything!

Jacksmissis
18-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know if we can watch shows that have already been on? I saw Eazi have been on today but can't see how to watch. I used to like watching Phyllis on C&C, havent seen her for ages but I rather think she was poorly for a while. Did anyone see the shows please?

PinkPig
18-09-2015, 09:00 PM
It's on at 8 tomorrow morning again I think.

EssexAnne
18-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Hi Debo,

My guide is showing a repeat on at 2am.
Diamond Craft Eazi score.

EA
I'm on Freesat

pyjama princess
18-09-2015, 09:02 PM
I watched the first minute or two JM and it was a lady called Ann with the Eazi score board.