PDA

View Full Version : Latest Christmas Ornaments

RozMinis
17-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Finished these two over the last few days. Both made using perforated paper and Mill Hill beads.

I'm working on another perforated paper one at the Needle & Natter group, plus one on 28 count evenweave at home.

Roz

Jacksmissis
17-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Awwwww Roz! rhey're gorgeous you have such talent and patience, thanks for sharing flower!

RozMinis
17-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Ta muchly. They don't take very long to make, practically finished all but the beading while I was on me hols, and I did do some knitting as well, though not at the same time of course!

Sorry about the 'C' word. :xmas-smiley-004:

Roz

Waterlily
17-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Wow, they are beautiful.

How are they done Roz, are they in kits?

By the way I saw some of your house(3d) cross stitch in both the Hobby's and Hobbies catalogue for 2016. First time I've seen them for sale. Yours was the first I'd seen.

Little Jan
17-09-2015, 08:48 PM
They are beautiful Roz

notmorecraft
17-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Lovely jubbly Roz, beautiful as always x

Victoria
18-09-2015, 12:53 AM
I haven't heard of this technique before. They're lovely Roz.

Deefersmum
18-09-2015, 07:24 AM
You're so talented Roz! I would have been bored after a couple of beads.......

jube
18-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Stunningly beautiful. Congratulations.

Mitzi
18-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Those are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

RozMinis
18-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Ta muchly for your luverly comments peeps. Yup they are kits bought from that shop that needs to remain nameless, at least it does on the Friendly Stitcher's group as those of us here in the UK spend way too much of the folding stuff. Actually it is called Sew & So, but I've whispered it, so don't let on I told you. :)

The kits are made by Mill Hill. Most have not only beads, but also a charm or two. The mitten has a shell, Santa's sack has two little bells. Most are done on perforated paper, or perofterated paper as I have been known to call the stuff. That started because I scribbled it on my Harrogate shopping list last year. As my scribble really is scribble, I blame my thumb! Anyhoo, it looked more like peroferated than perforated, so it sort of stuck. :)

The ornament I have been working on today is on 28 count evenweave, and is coming together better than I thought it would. Far more beads than cross stitching, but it is looking delicious, even if I do say so mesen. I will take a piccy of it when finished.

Hoping to invest in more of them at Harrogate, assuming I haven't bought the lot (Thunderball permitting) from aforementioned online shop. There should be some of Meg Evershed's 3D cottages and stuff on the Nutmeg Company's stand, so I may fall into the trap of investing in a gingerbread house. Mind you compared to the Mill Hill kits, those from Nutmeg are mega expensive. At least I will look as I need some more sheets of perforated paper in gold, or maybe silver........... have to check my stash before we go. :)

Roz

Julie
18-09-2015, 09:00 PM
I have only just discovered Sew and So this week, already had three packages. Everything has arrived in 24 or 48 hours.

They have some lovely stuff on there and for a complete novice like me their Customer Services are great at giving advice.

Jacksmissis
18-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Is that Debbie Shore's Company girls?

marc
19-09-2015, 02:49 AM
fab lovely work big love marc

Little Jan
19-09-2015, 09:30 AM
I have decided to take my leave from the craft telly forum

Because you are trying to tempt me even though I think my fingers might not corporate

EssexAnne
19-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Noooooooo dont go!
LJ you seem to be the only sane one around here! It is your civic duty to keep us on the straight and narrow. Can you imagine how silly Roz, Deefy et al would get without your calming influence?

Waterlily
19-09-2015, 10:44 AM
I also buy most of my sewing stuff from Sew and So, I haven't visited the site for quite a while so will have to go and have a look.

I was trying to finish all the projects I've got already, I think you've put the mockers on that Roz lol.

I love the Mill Hill beads too. I've got two cross stitch charts that use these beads, I've got all the threads and beads for one of them but will have to wait until my eyes are sorted out before I start it.

RozMinis
19-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Now you really cannot leave us Jan, you know how much you enjoy being tempted by all the lovely goodies we mention. I have a good teacher, well two of 'em actually, Dot and Christine at the shop. There was I happily living in ignorance about Sew & So, nowt to do with Debbie Shore by the way, until I met Christine. She and Dot are really evil and would sell me grass if they could, honest they would. Just kidding of course. :)

Roz

Little Jan
19-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Noooooooo dont go!
LJ you seem to be the only sane one around here! It is your civic duty to keep us on the straight and narrow. Can you imagine how silly Roz, Deefy et al would get without your calming influence?

You obviously don't know me well I am as mad as a hatter (are hatters mad if so why)

I used to have my own craft buisness selling everyday items as craft
I mean what's better then the netting from men's swim shorts for a nice textured base for a card
And tampons make great daubers and tena lady's with a little fancy stitching double up as fancy gardening knee pads

Tried selling the idea to Anthea Turner but she was too busy with her bean can cutlery holders
So my buisness failed
So now downcycling old a&b craft papers as loo rolls
Is anyone interested in sponsering my new venture :cash:I need the funds for candles to light the room and a second hand out of focus cine camera so I can set up my own TV channel
This time next year you could all be millwinhairs :giggle:

EssexAnne
20-09-2015, 07:57 AM
I retract my previous request!

RozMinis
20-09-2015, 07:33 PM
There ya go Anne, our wee Jan isn't as squeaky clean as you thought she was. :)

Mad hatters - well it all goes back to the time when they used to use uric acid (urine to thee and me) to stiffen hats. In those days syphilis was treated with mercury. Mercury ended up in the urine, one of the side effects of mercury is that it sends one mad. So now you know.

My next lesson will be on how to tan leather. You will never want to wear a pair of leather gloves, shoes or coat again! ;)

Roz

Jacksmissis
20-09-2015, 08:04 PM
I didnt know that Roz - thanks!!

EssexAnne
20-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Well you learn something new everyday!

Little Jan
20-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Who needs to go to school with all the information we can get here

EssexAnne
20-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Please don't let my 12yr old read that LJ!

Little Jan
21-09-2015, 08:32 AM
don't let her know about the site lol
My daughter even though she is 29 and hubby have no idea what forum I use
It's been my private space since it launched as was shopping telly before that lol

RozMinis
21-09-2015, 08:03 PM
It is what comes of watching weird programs with Tony Robinson (sorry Sir Tony) Mark Williams, Dr Lucy Worsley, Dr Suzannah Lipscombe, etc. I know, I should get out more, but I can't resist learning about days of yore. Far more entertaining than made up stuff like Downton Abbey. Did you know the place they use for that program was also used in the Jeeves & Wooster programs? In those days it was known as Totleigh Towers, which in real life is Highclere Castle.

Roz

Little Jan
21-09-2015, 09:43 PM
And here endith today's lesson

RozMinis
22-09-2015, 07:27 PM
And tomorrows lesson n'all. :)

Roz