PDA

View Full Version : Hochanda Postal Increase

Muffintop
14-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Just seen on FB that the channel is now increasing postage. Apparently their £2.95 cost was an introductory one although a lot of posters are saying there was nothing on their terms and conditions about it being an intro price. A lot of unhappy peeps who think it is a ruse to get you to join their club.

If they lose customers with this it will be interesting to see who supports them as a lot of the presenters who jumps ship to them have asked viewers to give them time

jeanfan
14-10-2015, 04:59 PM
I won't be buying but I do love watching.

Jean

jeanfan
14-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Duplicate post!

Muffintop
14-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Duplicate post.

Muffintop
14-10-2015, 05:06 PM
I've just been back know FB but the post has been noted to have been taken down.

I saw a demo last night with the Houghie board lady and it was brilliant. She was given time to do her demo without interruption. There was a very sweet posy box made on it but I forgot to set the tape and fell asleep.

tocovya
14-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Looks like they are struggling. Forcing people to join the club gives them a regular income which they must need to keep going. And they will be making profit on that new higher postage charge as well. I think they have shot themselves in the foot now.
Also for me, the picture is still like looking through a fog!!! I have a 2 month old Sony TV and a Panasonic smaller TV and they are both awfull! Five minutes and I have done.

Fenpeper
15-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Still rumbling on today. The postage is almost prohibitive now and most people are annoyed about the underhand way it's been implemented.

RozMinis
15-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Well be it on their own heads. I haven't bought anything as there hasn't been much I fancied anyway. I just hope C & C don't decide on a hike in postage to cover all these £10 thingies they are giving away.

Picture quality not exactly great, but it has improved since the early days. It would help if they got rid of the grey and maroon background, t'would do wonders for the lighting. I actually thought I was getting a better picture on my lappy, then I realised it was because not only does my laptop have a better pixel ratio to a telly, a brighter screen, but I was only looking a the small screen thingie. once I opened it out to fill the screen I discovered it was nearly as fuzzy as the telly.

Roz

tocovya
16-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Flipped over yesterday to have a look at the costs They had a pack of dies on and the postage was £7.95!!! Must be real heavy dies!
I have never bought anything either, but certainly will not now

Jeannie
16-10-2015, 12:36 PM
I've really started to warm to Hochanda, like the presenters so much more than C&C and their prices aren't too bad either but they've really shot themselves in the foot over these increased shipping costs and also think it was a very sly move. Sorry Hochanda you've lost another prospective customer.

Jacksmissis
16-10-2015, 12:41 PM
I saw a lady demming some PMI stuff (cake making). There was a rolling pin at £4+ postage and a similar amount for whatever the other bits were, which I thought was very expensive and such a difference from when they started 6wks or so ago. Seems very underneath way of going on, perhaps they could have said from the beggining that p&p was introductory offer.

Muffintop
18-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Their investors must be wondering what is going on. I have to admit that all this craft on selly telly is starting to overwhelm me to the point I'm watching even less - and doing more crafty stuff!!!!!

holliecraft
18-10-2015, 11:41 AM
"I have to admit that all this craft on selly telly is starting to overwhelm me to the point I'm watching even less - and doing more crafty stuff!!!!! "

This is exactly how I am feeing at the moment Muffintop. Craft telly overload!!!

Fenpeper
18-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Considering half the stuff shown on the two new channels barely constitutes craft most of the time, I'm not really bothering with either, except for trying to catch Clarity and Indigoblu. They'll have to do a lot better to be serious competition. x

RozMinis
18-10-2015, 06:39 PM
I feel the same. Haven't watched more than about thirty seconds of TCC as it seems to be mainly Dawn Bibby doing somat with somat that has been doing the rounds for the last gawd knows how many years. If it isn't her it is something I couldn't possibly work up any interest in, nails and that chalk paint for instance.

Hochanda do sometimes come up with something that I could find interesting. Yesterday, or was it the day before, Sarah was doing a spot of origami. On the whole though none of the three channels have really inspired me to dig out the credit card.

Roz

sharica
19-10-2015, 10:33 AM
There was a few things i was guna get from Hochanda but not with them postal charges .. at least when i did make an order from TCC It was over £50 so Free post :) .. mainly stamps and Viva Decor stuff

RozMinis
19-10-2015, 06:43 PM
'Himself' was flitting around between channels today, knee playing up so he couldn't go out, so was bored enough to channel hop. Watched a little of a Craft Creations show. Many of the decoupage sheets I have already had my sticky mitts on via Dot's shop. However, it did strike me that especially with the addition of the postage it would be considerably cheaper to buy directly from Craft Creations themselves.

They offer great discounts, and over £35 postage is FREE. I bought a load of peel-off's last year, 79 pence each for a sheet, but that can be reduced to as little as 39 pence on quantity discounts. They don't have to be all the same either, so a great way to top up on words, borders, and corners. A great way for me to save money as I don't do matting and layering, or if I do I still end up using borders and corners.

Roz

Rosilee
20-10-2015, 08:38 AM
I love Craft Creations decoupage sheets!

Chalet School Fan
20-10-2015, 09:08 AM
I agree - I always shop around to get the cheapest postage deals. I've now got enough points for Platinum membership of C&C, mostly because I used the free postage I got with Gold level and shopped when their were double points or other offers. It means I now get 20% discount plus free postage. Not worth me paying to join other clubs, especially as I am trying to use what's in my stash and so I'm buying much less.

RozMinis
20-10-2015, 06:58 PM
There ya go chuck, no point in coughing up more money than you need to. :)

Mind you I am feeling a bit happier about being a member of the C & C club as I have all those luverly vouchers to look forward to, some of which will go to topping up with Pinflair 3D glue gel.

Roz