PDA

View Full Version : Oak House Studio

Mangakitty
21-10-2015, 10:28 AM
There's a nice lady on at the moment doing some stamping and she is explaining things very well and giving some good tips for new stampers.

I've been watching more of these shows the past week and I also noticed the presenter chap said they are broadcasting in HD now. I'd thought the picture had improved a lot.

maisie*daisy
21-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Linda is a member of the forum . She has great ideas . Hope the show is repeated 😦forgot to set the recorder xx

Mangakitty
21-10-2015, 11:16 AM
There is another show this afternoon which will include kiss stamping, she said. :)

Glasgow girl
21-10-2015, 04:04 PM
I enjoyed watching too and there is another show scheduled for 6pm.

RozMinis
21-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Like the stamps, not over fussy, but not under fussy either - if you see what I mean.

Roz

Jeannie
22-10-2015, 08:02 AM
I was so pleased to see Oak House on Hochanda, I used to be a real fan of their products way back in the days when Linda was on C&C but like so many of the really good crafter's they got put aside in favour of the big money making companies. Hochanda are improving all the time and the presenters are so much better than most of them on C&C shame about the P&P.

Well done Linda.

Jacksmissis
22-10-2015, 11:05 AM
ooh I missed this, sounds nice, which member is this lady? Does she do alot of shows pls?

Muffintop
23-10-2015, 11:09 AM
I caught Linda, didn't know she was going on. Went to a stamping session at her studio for charity and she was an excellent teacher. I also spent some cash as her stamps were simple but lovely and effective. She suddenly disappeared from C&C but don't know why. I don't see Hochanda a lot but when I've channel-hopped recently I actually recognised the guest and the demoes have been good and focussed on the product not cold calling. Sadly, their P&P charges will stop me buying from them at the moment.

Lynnda
28-10-2015, 05:15 AM
Thank you all for those lovely comments. I am talking about another date with Hochanda. I am a small company and I don't get to shows these days. doing the tv gives me a deadline to complete work for.

Lynnda
01-12-2015, 05:32 AM
Hi folks, just to let you know that I am back with two shows on Friday 4th December at 3pm and 6pm. The inks are the same as last time but both colours are in both shows, and I have a new stamp set in each of the shows,
I am at the panic stage of thinking I will never be ready in time, as there is just me (my other half when he can) here everything can take an age, hence why I am up at silly o clock again today trying to sort out virtual bits of paper,
Really hoping I can inspire you to get a bit more inky this week, and hoping that it may be worth join their club for you this month.

Jacksmissis
01-12-2015, 07:42 AM
That will be lovely, thank you Lynnda! I'm sorry I can't remember who you are so will watch avidly!!

As has been said, Hochy (thats a pet name not a 'slight' LOL !) had good P&P across the board when they started and then out of the blu upped it to very high which has put so many people off, and its not always possible to commit to the £7 per month - although if there were a few friends it would be working out mega cheap - IYSWIM!

Jacksmissis
01-12-2015, 07:42 AM
That will be lovely, thank you Lynnda! I'm sorry I can't remember who you are so will watch avidly!!

As has been said, Hochy (thats a pet name not a 'slight' LOL !) had good P&P across the board when they started and then out of the blu upped it to very high which has put so many people off, and its not always possible to commit to the £7 per month - although if there were a few friends it would be working out mega cheap - IYSWIM!

RozMinis
01-12-2015, 06:39 PM
I will be watching, well sort of, I usually do other 'stuff' at the same time, so only a fifth of my eyes goes on what is on the telly. Even the horse racing doesn't get my undivided attention - shame on me!!!

I haven't been buying from Hochanda or anywhere else (Joanna Sheen's wobbly shelves don't count) due to knowing I would break the bank at Harrogate last week. Even Dot's shop has seen a considerable drop in sales by me over the last couple of weeks. 30 pence last week, and zip all this week.

Apparently John Lockwood told some ladies that craft will be dead in two years time.

Roz

Jacksmissis
01-12-2015, 07:16 PM
I wouldnt like to see that happen but I would so like to see less flipping dies.

RozMinis
02-12-2015, 07:00 PM
I wondered if he was thinking of all the expensive machines that are around. I have had my wee chap for years, also had the GC for at least three, possibly four years. I am more than happy with what I have, cannot use more than one of them at a time anyway, so not a snowball of a chance that I would buy another machine, not even if I had the room for one.

The same applies to little Suzy, not that she is that little, but as she is only just over a year old, she is still a wee baby. One of the ladies at the Needle & Natter group bought a new Singer machine at Harrogate, the Singer 1 I think it was. Much cheaper than C & C, and it was being delivered on Tuesday. Her hubby was the one parting from his money, left to his own devices for a while he got talking to some other ladies, as one does. He mentioned the machine to her, she told him that anything under £900 wasn't worth having.

T'was a good job I wasn't there or I would have given her a piece of my mind, as would Christine who has the same machine as me. There is nowt wrong with my lass, she does all I want from her, plus stuff I am not fussed about. If I use more than a tenth of the 80 stitches it will be a miracle. I think I had 20 cams that created different stitches on the New Home, and apart from a skirt I made for Kate with lines of each stitch, I never used more than three of them. I don't need them, all I needed was the light, an automatic needle threader, variable length/width, and it to sew properly, all of which she does ta very muchly.

She is busy making bunting at the moment, then will have to go back into her bag until I have worked out how many more Chrissy cards I need to make in double quick time. Then I promise she will be in action again as I bought three kits at Harrogate that I want to make before Christmas. The daft thing is that all three kits came from a shop that is only a bus ride away from where I live, though as I hate Wombwell, it could be a long while before I visit. All three projects can be made up again using my own fabric, of which I have loads. Mmmm, come to think of it I have another project that needs doing, plus some English Paper Piecing (EPP) hexagons for three more projects. :)

Apart from the dies from Joanna I am sick of 'em. Dot keeps getting new ones, but they tend to be Sue Wilson dies. How many times does one need Happy/Merry Christmas? How many snowflakes, ornaments, and lace dies do I need, or actually want/use? The answer is no more ta very muchly, I have more than enough. It is getting like that with rubber stamps. The only thing I really enjoy collecting now are prick & stitch designs, and they only turn up once a month or so. £2.50 or £5, depending on which site I buy them from, isn't exactly going to break the bank, even my present empty one!

Of course Dot may come back from the USA in January with something I can't resist, we shall see, but it had better be something different. Last year it was quilling, but I don't think it has taken off as it should have done. The DMC rep was in the shop yesterday, lovely chap, says there are going to be some new colours in their stranded cotton range in January, which is when the price increases. Hopefully it will be the new colours that they have had in the USA for the past 12 months or so.

Roz

Jacksmissis
03-12-2015, 08:39 AM
Haven't dared mention little Suzy, eeh 1yr already - are we having a "do" LOL !! Its not fair to hijack this thread, (sorry OP !) I'll pop over to Hochy with a new thread for my next bit.

RozMinis
03-12-2015, 06:35 PM
She is back in her bed (bag) for a few days. Once my remaining cards are done she will be back out again. We are soooo naughty when it comes to hijacking threads. Perhaps we had better go and sit on the nawty step - again.

I too will begin a new thread.

Roz