PDA

View Full Version : Dots Pen with usb charger

Deefersmum
07-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Has anyone got one of these? Seems like a good idea but I'm pants as far as art goes.

PinkPig
07-12-2015, 07:52 AM
Just had a look. The noise was giving me a headache - can't see it being for stress relief. Looking at the full description it only says other colours than the black might be available. Not being a stippler I don't know if it's a bargain or not.

Glingle
07-12-2015, 09:40 AM
I turned over as the noise was driving me up the wall too. Not sure how it's supposed to help with art as you need to know where to put the shading on an image. They might have explained that if I'd watched it for longer!

Mitzi
07-12-2015, 03:02 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how on shopping telly (all channels) they show something I'd never even imagined existed and, just for a moment, my mind goes "Oh, that looks quite good, I should get one of those." Years later here I am unpacking all my packing boxes (yes, still, it'll be going on for months yet) and thinking "why on earth did I buy that?" I'm getting quite a lot better at curbing my impulses but I'm not quite there yet. I can see, though, that this one definitely comes into the "likely to get put away in a cupboard and never see the light of day again" category, so I'm not tempted. If you do that kind of art work then I can see that it would be brilliant but it's not for me.

Victoria
07-12-2015, 07:45 PM
I opened this thread thinking that it was something to do with the legendary Dot, friend of Roz!

RozMinis
07-12-2015, 07:56 PM
I opened this thread thinking that it was something to do with the legendary Dot, friend of Roz!

Hahahaha, I like it. :tears_of_joy:

Didn't have the sound on so dunno what the sound was like. Decided within a couple of minutes it wasn't something I need/want/would use, so turned off. I like quiet stuff, even the typing of the blessed keyboard can drive me nuts. Which is also my complaint about sewing machines, and why I prefer hand stitching.

Roz

glynisrose
07-12-2015, 10:28 PM
The trouble was that the machine was so close to the tie pin mic that it magnified the sound!!

Serena
08-12-2015, 04:39 AM
I watched the programme and did succumb to buying it from that well known auction site e---, post free for £39.99

I decided to buy it as I want to use it for parchment craft stippling, so I'm hoping the dot pen company will introduce white refills at some time.

I thought it was noisy as well, but thought it was because it was too close to the lady's microphone, so decided to give it a chance.

I will let you all know how I get on with it, when it arrives.

Jacksmissis
08-12-2015, 12:06 PM
I'm thoroughly intrigued myself !! I too thought it was something to do with THE Dot LOL !

RozMinis
08-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Poor Dot, she will be getting her name in lights soon.

She actually sold me somat today, yup, a rubber stamp with sailing ships on it for six squid. She has also put three other stamps away for me, and a box of MDF pieces with a sewing related theme. Comes to about £14.59 I reckon. She is no longer going to stock the parchment magazine, so I can either buy it when I feel the need from WH Smiths, or buy a subscription, which actually works out cheaper. Will decide at a later date.

Spent brass in Smiths today anyway on a patchwork magazine that has 1000 hexagonal patchwork papers + plastic hexagon templates. Thought it was good value at £9.99, especially as 450 smaller papers cost me £4, and I thought that was good value compared to some.

Roz