PDA

View Full Version : GNPE @ Harrogate ? Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Jacksmissis
26-01-2016, 05:22 PM
For the last 3 months or so I've been looking for an announcement for when March's show was on and thought it mustn't be on at all this year (sob!!) - even checked Craftwork Cards events and Harrogate showgrounds too.

Fast forward to today and quite by accident I've found out its changed venue to York racecourse - still being through Craftworks Cards - can't understand why it wasn't obvious before but never mind! so here you are peeps - hope this link works!! http://www.greatcreate.co.uk its on the 11th and 12th March tickets £4.50. Much easier to get to IMO, good rail links into York and bus/taxi up the road to the course. Made my day !!

RozMinis
26-01-2016, 07:05 PM
It should have been a month later, well three weeks to be exact............... er no, forget that, we are going midweek, so wouldn't be there anyway. Not spending any munny anywhoo, not even going to go to the Viking Loom, though probably will when we go in October, that is if I have any of the folding stuff left after Carlisle/Cockermouth in September! :)

I'm saving for the Harrogate show in December, but because of the missing stall holders last year, and one that I know isn't going to be there this year, I'm going off the idea. I may as well save my money and buy stuff online instead.

Roz

EssexAnne
02-02-2016, 03:29 PM
There is something strange going on with craft shows at the moment I think!
SCCS usually do a big Creative Crafts show in Essex in February. This years was advertised back in the Autumn as " bigger and better venue etc" in Brentwood. Great I thought, much closer etc for me to get to. Ihave looked in magazines recently and could not find any details so went onto the Brentwood Centres website. Its showing as cancelled by event organisers, so I tried SCCS website. It automatically transfers to a " coming soon" page listing Summer Crafting at Doncaster, Belfast and Esher . Sounds like SW 's empire is expanding!!

Jacksmissis
02-02-2016, 06:24 PM
How very strange EA, wonder whats going on? The GNPE show has been at Harrogate for many years - seems very odd that they've changed venue too. Have I read somewhere that C&C are hoping to have different nationwide venues for shows too? aah well, have to wait and see I suppose!

Mitzi
02-02-2016, 10:12 PM
I seem to remember a predecessor of the GNPE at Leeds Royal Armouries years ago, but I might be wrong. I went to the one at Harrogate last September but don't think I'll go to York in March. Thanks for the info, though.

sam
14-02-2016, 03:17 AM
It should have been a month later, well three weeks to be exact............... er no, forget that, we are going midweek, so wouldn't be there anyway. Not spending any munny anywhoo, not even going to go to the Viking Loom, though probably will when we go in October, that is if I have any of the folding stuff left after Carlisle/Cockermouth in September! :)

I'm saving for the Harrogate show in December, but because of the missing stall holders last year, and one that I know isn't going to be there this year, I'm going off the idea. I may as well save my money and buy stuff online instead.

Roz

Hi Roz,
Have you been to Viking loom now that it has moved? I went to York yesterday and was shocked to see that it had closed down. It was hard work trying to find it. Wonder why it has moved?

RozMinis
14-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Hi Roz,
Have you been to Viking loom now that it has moved? I went to York yesterday and was shocked to see that it had closed down. It was hard work trying to find it. Wonder why it has moved?

I checked out where it was and how to get there. Decided it wasn't an option, especially as we are only in York for a couple of days in April, May and October. I will spend my money in Carlisle and Cockermouth in June and September instead, or with many of the online shops that offer good prices, cheap postage, and speedy delivery. Having said all that I have just ordered a couple of items from the Viking Loom website, but actually visiting them in person is definitely not going to happen.

I am assuming they have moved because the premises on Petergate were a tad cramped. Apparently they hold their classes at the new place, so obviously decided they would move the shop there as well. Seems a shame as they will miss any passing trade, including mine.

Roz

sam
14-02-2016, 07:54 PM
I am assuming they have moved because the premises on Petergate were a tad cramped. Apparently they hold their classes at the new place, so obviously decided they would move the shop there as well. Seems a shame as they will miss any passing trade, including mine.

Roz

And Mine!!

Littleted62
05-03-2016, 01:28 PM
There's a lot of redevelopment going on at Harrogate showground at the moment and I think the hall they used to use for the GNPE show has been demolished so maybe the new one isn't ready, that could be why the change of location to York.

How very strange EA, wonder whats going on? The GNPE show has been at Harrogate for many years - seems very odd that they've changed venue too. Have I read somewhere that C&C are hoping to have different nationwide venues for shows too? aah well, have to wait and see I suppose!

Jacksmissis
05-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Thanks Littleted62, I so want to go next week but its going to depend on the weather - I don't do ice and snow or fog, anything else I'm fine with lol!!