PDA

View Full Version : Yoohoo Rainbowand !

fabyon
18-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I had another brain wave (don't worry I don't get that many).

I've noticed a few post with people saying they're going to chuck some of their stash they've never used.

So what about a card swap in the near future called 'Well YOU do something with it, then !' :D

Once people get their swap partner they send as usual to the one below but they instantly send some bits and pieces (just enough for one card) to the one above. I know it's going to be twice the postage (sending the bits and sending the card later) but it could be a one off special swap only done once in the whole year.

It would be an inspiring way of seeing what someone could do with what you have.

Another cheaper option would be to list what we have but don't use and people who have the same stuff then post what creations they've done with it.

I do apologise to suggest something as I'm aware I haven't participated in the CT swap since I rejoined but I will definitely join in the fun soon.

If this kinda of swap has been suggested in the past again my apologies. I hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes !

......I get my coat !;)

Rentochops
18-04-2009, 04:39 PM
that sounds like an excellent suggestion to me Fabs, I would be happy to donate stuff I don't use to others who might come up with something!

Anne
18-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I think something similar was suggested before (quite a while ago I think) but I can't remember if anything was ever done with the idea.

Not sure why I'm posting this really - it's of no use at all! :D

LoobyLou
18-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I am happy to forward on unwanted stash, but not sure I can afford the extortionate postage just to get rid of something I dont want!

Looby

fabyon
18-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I am happy to forward on unwanted stash, but not sure I can afford the extortionate postage just to get rid of something I dont want!

Looby

Sorry Looby I didn't mean a whole wad of stash ! :D

Just a few bits and pieces. Up to 100gr for a large letter postage price would be 47 pence.

But I do understand where you're coming from Looby.

fabyon
18-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I think something similar was suggested before (quite a while ago I think) but I can't remember if anything was ever done with the idea.

Not sure why I'm posting this really - it's of no use at all! :D

It's very useful ! I thought someone would have come up with this before but wasn't sure now I know it has been proposed already.

So let's forget about it, then ! LOL :D

LynneH
18-04-2009, 05:11 PM
I think it sounds like a fun idea.

Jeanette
18-04-2009, 05:26 PM
It does sound a very good idea. Instead of paying double the postage, you could just send the stash and say 'Make your own card' That way there would be no need to send the card, just take a piccie!

Rentochops
18-04-2009, 05:32 PM
It does sound a very good idea. Instead of paying double the postage, you could just send the stash and say 'Make your own card' That way there would be no need to send the card, just take a piccie!

I like that idea!

fabyon
18-04-2009, 05:36 PM

I'm loving it ! :)

Phree
18-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Sounds like a fun idea to me too - and as you have suggested making it a one-off swap then I don't see why it has to be organised by Rainbowwand - why don't YOU offer to co-ordinate it Fab.

All you need to do is post a thread explaining the swap and asking if anyone would like to join in. It could still work in the same way RW organises with monthly swap - meaning once all the names are in you post a list and we each must mail something to make a card with to the person above us on the list, and once we have received the stash we make our card and send it to the person below us on the list.

I guess you would need to give 2 deadlines tho- one for having the stash you are planning to send mailed out - and a second for mailing out a card made with the stash you received. As we are in mid-April, it seems to me that you have pretty natural deadlines right now - Stash to be mailed no later than the last day of April and card to be made and sent during May.

Julie
18-04-2009, 06:13 PM
This could be a corker of a swap !!!!!

LynneH
18-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Fab idea Jeanette. That sounds like a better way of doing it.

Rentochops
18-04-2009, 08:08 PM
LOL Phree are you volunteering to organise it?:D Only kidding chuck I know you organise swaps atm, I would offer but it would just never happen!

Phree
18-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't mind organising it as it seems to have stirred up a fair bit of interest, but it's only fair to let Fab step in first if he wants to.

Rentochops
18-04-2009, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't mind organising it as it seems to have stirred up a fair bit of interest, but it's only fair to let Fab step in first if he wants to.

oops yes, twas his idea!

fabyon
18-04-2009, 08:59 PM
But I rather prefer someone else than myself do it ! LOL I have hair to be done so very busy ! LOLOL

Phree
18-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Fab dear, that would be your beard would it? Don't forget I have seen your photo :p

kookietiger
18-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Fab, that's an inspired idea & sounds like a brilliant challenge.
I've got TONS of stuff I could make into a card kit, I'm actually planning what I'd send & laughing evilly to myself right now :p

Please, please somebody organise it soon!!

tru-ella
19-04-2009, 01:18 AM
love both ideas and would join in too

Marzipan
19-04-2009, 10:20 AM

Not sure why I'm posting this really - it's of no use at all!

yes Anne, something like this was done in November in the card swap you got to take a chance and recieve a mystery item of my choice, (i wasnt that cruel that you all wiped it out of your memory was i??? :(:(:( )

anna_fran
19-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Um.. didn't we have a thread recently where we all revealed what craft items/techniques we didn't like, it could be time to have som fun! {Laughs evilly}:D

Anne
19-04-2009, 11:51 AM
yes Anne, something like this was done in November in the card swap you got to take a chance and recieve a mystery item of my choice, (i wasnt that cruel that you all wiped it out of your memory was i??? :(:(:( )

Aw Marzi. :) I do remember that one - didn't take part though. Too much out of my comfort zone as I suspect the one suggested by Fab will be.

Little Jan
19-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Yep I remember Marzipans swap it was good fun , was a choice of stamped or decoupage , I got a slap round the legs for slightly cheating:o But this ones a little diff as noone will know what they are getting to work with:rolleyes:

Julie
19-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Um.. didn't we have a thread recently where we all revealed what craft items/techniques we didn't like, it could be time to have som fun! {Laughs evilly}:D

My thoughts exactly :D

fabyon
19-04-2009, 02:56 PM

Oh that swap sounds like fun ! Shame I just rejoined this year:(. I would have liked to join in with that one !

I know that your mother and yourself make a wonderful job of running the swaps so that's why I headed my thread hailing(sp?) your mum, as a suggestion to forthcoming swaps but I was blissfully unaware it has been done, my apologies.

Rentochops
19-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Oh that swap sounds like fun ! Shame I just rejoined this year:(. I would have liked to join in with that one !

I know that your mother and yourself make a wonderful job of running the swaps so that's why I headed my thread hailing(sp?) your mum, as a suggestion to forthcoming swaps but I was blissfully unaware it has been done, my apologies.

Dear Fabs, I was unaware it had been done too - and I've been here all along!

fabyon
19-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Dear Fabs, I was unaware it had been done too - and I've been here all along!

Was it the Jersey air then ? :D It gives you those lovely moments of walking into a room and forgetting why you got there in the first place.

Rentochops
19-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Was it the Jersey air then ? :D It gives you those lovely moments of walking into a room and forgetting why you got there in the first place.

You mean those CRAFT moments?

Phree
19-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I guess I shoulda posted here too - if you're interesed in joining a "well you do something with it swap" then please visit this thread :

http://crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2148

Rainbowwand
21-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I had another brain wave (don't worry I don't get that many).

I've noticed a few post with people saying they're going to chuck some of their stash they've never used.

So what about a card swap in the near future called 'Well YOU do something with it, then !' :D

Once people get their swap partner they send as usual to the one below but they instantly send some bits and pieces (just enough for one card) to the one above. I know it's going to be twice the postage (sending the bits and sending the card later) but it could be a one off special swap only done once in the whole year.

It would be an inspiring way of seeing what someone could do with what you have.

Another cheaper option would be to list what we have but don't use and people who have the same stuff then post what creations they've done with it.

I do apologise to suggest something as I'm aware I haven't participated in the CT swap since I rejoined but I will definitely join in the fun soon.

If this kinda of swap has been suggested in the past again my apologies. I hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes !

......I get my coat !;)

Hi Fab just catching up with posts after my holls, please dont think i was ignoring you, seems the idea has taken off and i see phree has got the ball rolling, no need to worry about stepping on toes, this forum is big enough for everyone and no one should worry about broaching new ideas whatever they are :)

fabyon
21-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Fab just catching up with posts after my holls, please dont think i was ignoring you, seems the idea has taken off and i see phree has got the ball rolling, no need to worry about stepping on toes, this forum is big enough for everyone and no one should worry about broaching new ideas whatever they are :)

Thanks darling, I realised you were on holiday when I had a 'doh' moment later on ! :D

And yes Phree just went it, bless her heart ! You go girl !

Phree
21-04-2009, 05:16 PM

Hmmm not so sure about the not worrying bit! Have you seen how our nice freindly bunch of crafters have turned into evil schemers - I am quaking in my shoes at the thought of the nightmare packages of stash that will soon be winging their way to unsuspecting victims ;)

Rainbowwand
21-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Hmmm not so sure about the not worrying bit! Have you seen how our nice freindly bunch of crafters have turned into evil schemers - I am quaking in my shoes at the thought of the nightmare packages of stash that will soon be winging their way to unsuspecting victims ;)

Ah yes good point Phree, so i think i am going to keep well away from this swap, who was that clucking!!:D

fabyon
21-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Fab cowards back to a corner fearing peel-offs sheets ! ....