PDA

View Full Version : Well, YOU Do Something With It Swap

Phree
19-04-2009, 01:09 PM
As there seems to be some interest and as Fab is busy combing his beard I thought OK why not organise this swap.

If you haven't already seen the other thread about this ONE OFF swap the idea is this:

I had another brain wave (don't worry I don't get that many).

I've noticed a few post with people saying they're going to chuck some of their stash they've never used.

So what about a card swap in the near future called 'Well YOU do something with it, then !' :D

Once people get their swap partner they send as usual to the one below but they instantly send some bits and pieces (just enough for one card) to the one above. I know it's going to be twice the postage (sending the bits and sending the card later) but it could be a one off special swap only done once in the whole year.

It would be an inspiring way of seeing what someone could do with what you have.

Another cheaper option would be to list what we have but don't use and people who have the same stuff then post what creations they've done with it.

I do apologise to suggest something as I'm aware I haven't participated in the CT swap since I rejoined but I will definitely join in the fun soon.

If this kinda of swap has been suggested in the past again my apologies. I hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes !

......I get my coat !;)

Now if you would like to join in please add a post to this thread. Please also bear in miind that you don't have to send a huge pile of stuff to the person you are sending to...... all that is required is enough to make ONE CARD and the card blank can even be provided by the maker, tho of course I am not ruling out sending something like an oddly shaped card blank that you have never quite been able to use - erm I can think of a few DB Design blanks that leave me COLD LOL!

Now it has occured to me that we will have a slight problem with the usual format of sending to the person ABOVE and BELOW as suggsted by Fab, the reason being that the person at the top and the person at the bottom of a single list would end up receiving stash from and sending their card to each other, so for that reason I will publish 2 lists - a "Send Stash To" List and "Make Card For List" - that should result in things being nicely mixed up :D

Timelines will be this :

Unwanted bits of stash to be sent to the person who is named BELOW you on the "Send Stash" List by the 7th of May.

Card Made with stash you have received should be sent to the person BELOW you on the "Make For" list by the 7th of June.

I will only publish one list at a time so as to avoid confusion. Therefore the "Send Stash" list will be published next Sunday (26th April), and the "Make For" List will not be published until the 8th Of May.

I will keep the list open for names until LATE next Sunday.

Finally this swap is for EVERYONE, so even if your one of our newbie members, why not take the plunge.

Julie
19-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Me please !!!!!!!!!!!

Can I just ask a quick question with regards the stash you are sent. Do you have to use all you are sent and can you add some of your own bits to it ?

Phree
19-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi Julie, I think common sense has to apply, so ideally try to stay with the stash you are sent as far as possible, but it would be silly to NOT add the odd element from your own stash too if the project you come up with needs that little bit of ribbon, or a particular die cut shape etc in order to give it that little extra bit of va va voom that turns an "OK card" into a cracker.

LynneH
19-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Are we doing it in a funny/mean way ie. send the naffest stash you can find?

sheilaj
19-04-2009, 01:22 PM
I am in please?

Rentochops
19-04-2009, 01:22 PM
All those pipe cleaners and googly eyes - I am going to check if I have time as I want to join in but will be back to you Phree.

Winspiration
19-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I will live dangerously and join in, please :D

Phree
19-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Are we doing it in a funny/mean way ie. send the naffest stash you can find?

Ah, but one man's trash can be another's treasure! So I will leave it up to each person to choose stuff from their stash, however bear in mind others *may* have even naffer stash that YOU do :D

LynneH
19-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Count me in please Phree. This sounds like fun......(to be followed by an evil laugh). :D

Now where is that holographic card?

LoobyLou
19-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Oh lord, am dragging through the sludge that calls itself my memory to see what evil stuff I can foist on some other poor soul! :rolleyes::rolleyes:Or alternatively I might send you something really nice. So I guess count me in too, but please don't shove me beneath ROC cos I quit smoking 6 years ago, and my poor eyes are googly enough already. :p

Looby

tru-ella
19-04-2009, 01:54 PM
lol, I'll join in sounds like fun

fabyon
19-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Well it would be rude to suggest something and not join in the fun ! LOL Now what do I have that I can't bear to look at ? LOLOLOL

Rentochops
19-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Oh lord, am dragging through the sludge that calls itself my memory to see what evil stuff I can foist on some other poor soul! :rolleyes::rolleyes:Or alternatively I might send you something really nice. So I guess count me in too, but please don't shove me beneath ROC cos I quit smoking 6 years ago, and my poor eyes are googly enough already. :p

Looby

I could offer you some TBZ gilded decoupage instead Looby LOL - or the infamous Le Suh teenagers!

Phree
19-04-2009, 02:13 PM
OMG I just realised ROC, you are probably praying for Dips to join in so you can send her some Scary Mary and the Manic Pandas to decoupage :p

luvtocraft
19-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I will nervously take the plunge and join in:eek: This could prove to be some challengeLOL

sheilaj
19-04-2009, 03:11 PM
I will nervously take the plunge and join in:eek: This could prove to be some challengeLOL

not really...if you turn out something that's don't touch it except with a pair of tongs monstrous, you can say "well look what I had to work with":p:p:p

luvtocraft
19-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Thats very true sheilaj. Should be fun seeing what is created.:D

Rentochops
19-04-2009, 04:00 PM
OMG I just realised ROC, you are probably praying for Dips to join in so you can send her some Scary Mary and the Manic Pandas to decoupage :p

LOL - I have never used them, I will join in - only if Dips does ans she is my partner!:D Or...if I can have you and send you some very fiddly decoupage to cut out - evil laugh LOL. Easy to get me back just send me something distressed or stamp board LOL

LynneH
19-04-2009, 04:09 PM
LOL ROC! I guess it will be funnier to send some things to certain people.

I have been having a look through my stash this afternoon. A lot of the naff things I have are left over from the 5 drawer set that was a TSV many years ago. I wonder how many will be using that? I seem to remember from previous threads that a few forum members started off with it.

Rentochops
19-04-2009, 04:21 PM
LOL ROC! I guess it will be funnier to send some things to certain people.

I have been having a look through my stash this afternoon. A lot of the naff things I have are left over from the 5 drawer set that was a TSV many years ago. I wonder how many will be using that? I seem to remember from previous threads that a few forum members started off with it.

I think that pre-dates me Lynne, who made it and what was in it?

Mrs D
19-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I think I will give this a try - I'm sure it will be fun??
Now, just have to look out some stuff I cannot use.
Thanks Phree

LynneH
19-04-2009, 05:01 PM
I think that pre-dates me Lynne, who made it and what was in it?

I think it was very early Kanban ROC. Think pearlescent card. It was a fab,huge kit, and I think it started a lot of people off, but it looks so dated now.

fabyon
19-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm so game for it, but don't send me peel-offs, I won't cope ! LOLOLOL

LoobyLou
19-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I could offer you some TBZ gilded decoupage instead Looby LOL - or the infamous Le Suh teenagers!

Jeez ROC am beginning to think the pipe cleaners are a better bet as I too already have the dratted TBZ embossed and gilded decoupage.... a so and so to cut out and look really carp when done!

Just had a thought, wouldn't it be amusing to get an almost identical package sent to you that you had send to someone else! That would force us all to really get our thinking caps on and use up the stuff we don't want ourselves!

Looby

Anne
19-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I think it was very early Kanban ROC. Think pearlescent card. It was a fab,huge kit, and I think it started a lot of people off, but it looks so dated now.

I think I shared that TSV with Pam. I made half a dozen cards with it, and recently threw loads of it away. :eek:

Phree
20-04-2009, 12:19 AM
What can I say except I am SHOCKED - all this evil laughter and plotting - and there was me thinking what a nice bunch of folks crafters are..... I can see this swap is bringing the evil side out in all of ya :p

I can't wait to see what kinda stuff everyone digs outta their stash - hehe :D

Jeanette
20-04-2009, 05:05 AM
Goodness this swap sounds scary. I'm afraid all my naff stuff is at my other house so I'll have to join in with the next one! :D

Wellington
20-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Goodness this swap sounds scary. I'm afraid all my naff stuff is at my other house so I'll have to join in with the next one!

If we didn't know what was happening with you ATM, that would sound sooooooooo flamboyant ;)

I was going to give this a miss, but what the heck - why not. Count me in. If anyone finds my crafty mojo let me know so I can use it. The way I feel at the moment, I may have to send out the whole of my stash. Well. Maybe not LOL No-one gets my EI stamps :D

Jeanette
20-04-2009, 02:27 PM
If we didn't know what was happening with you ATM, that would sound sooooooooo flamboyant ;)

ha ha Welly, :p How about this then, My new house will have 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 4 toilets!!!! OMG think of all that housework :eek:

LoobyLou
20-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I can't wait to see what kinda stuff everyone digs outta their stash - hehe :D

Did you actually mean stash, or did you typo and really mean 'trash'.:D:D:eek:

Looby

Little Jan
21-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Count me in, I can at last dig out some craft bits that I never seem to want to throw out just in case:rolleyes:some goes back pre Dawn Bibby:D

kookietiger
21-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Me too!!
I really like the sound of this challenge, I've been digging about in the bottom of my unused stuff & there are sum corkers in there :D