PDA

View Full Version : Downton Abbey

Deefersmum
08-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Well that's me done - I lasted 4 minutes.

RozMinis
08-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Haven't even looked. I take it I haven't missed anything? I know the CD didn't go down too well when it was on C & C.

Roz

Deefersmum
08-03-2016, 07:51 PM
I think it was the card kit. I just couldn't stand it Roz - blah blah blah blah - loudly.

Lioness
08-03-2016, 08:03 PM
I haven't bothered to watch as I am not keen on the range.

sam
09-03-2016, 06:38 AM
So typical of CC to jump on any old bandwagon!

jeanfan
09-03-2016, 09:40 AM
I flicked over during the ads,heard the voice and went back to the ads. Sorry,Sara,but the hard sell,smile and shoulder shrugging turn me right off.

PurplePenny
09-03-2016, 12:51 PM
I think she's calming down a bit. I watched her on a show today and she didn't seem nearly as frenetic as usual.

PinkPig
09-03-2016, 04:00 PM
She must be happy that the changeover has been a success- a lot of people depend on her for their livelihood and she would probably have been anxious that the business coninued to sell well. From the bits I have dipped in and out of , whether her delivery style is what you like or not, the products have sold well.

ChelseaGirl
09-03-2016, 04:39 PM
I wasn't a Downton Abbey viewer and wasn't that interested in the range when they appeared on C&C. I have watched some of the shows today and have to say the things like the stamps are very nice, vintage in style similar to Tim Holtz or Andy Skinners stuff. I think they are actually very nice and have been tempted to buy them. The price was very good.

The box of paper and cards with all the embellishments reminded me of something Anna Griffin would produce, all in a box and nicely presented even though they were more vintage rather than pretty and very floral.

I agree with PinkPig above. She carries a heavy weight of employing people and their livelihoods depend on her getting it right. Yes she is making a lot of money from her business but she is hard working, very entrepreneurial, always looking for opportunities, she is very driven.

I wish her all the best in her new home of Hochanda and hope her success continues (whether I buy anything or not :glee:).

I just hope she has a holiday booked lol

sam
09-03-2016, 06:23 PM
She isn't necessarily the best presenter of her own products though. She comes across as loud, overbearing and pushy.

RozMinis
09-03-2016, 06:27 PM
She isn't necessarily the best presenter of her own products though. She comes across as loud, overbearing and pushy.

Which is why I refuse to watch. I have had a couple of Crafters Companion CD's in the past and have been a tad disappointed by what is on them, as in not as much as expected. Haven't bought one in years.

Roz

Clairea
09-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Cd wasn't on there as far as I saw was paper kit, stamps and dies, think they have missed the boat now that downtown abbey has finished. But Sara did say once it's gone it's gone and she was overbearing as usual hard sell on getting 3 paper kits. They spread it out so it looks more than there is. Also mentioned same thing she did about verity biggest range they have ever bought to tv, just to try sell it.
Not my thing it's past its sell by date in my eyes. Sarah does need to come down a notch or two but so do a few of the presenters Haley and leonine to mention a couple