PDA

View Full Version : Announcement by Hochanda

Deefersmum
10-03-2016, 06:27 PM
This has appeared on Facebook

Company Announcement
Unfortunately over the past few weeks we have received a number of postings related to specific individuals working at Hochanda.
Whilst this is a forum for open discussion about all things Hochanda, we will not tolerate personal remarks about members of our family.
Until now we have left this page unmoderated but sadly we feel we need to start moderating with immediate effect.
Whilst we accept everyone has their own unique views and opinions personal remarks about any member of our family will not be tolerated and offending users will be removed and blocked.
Should you wish to express an opinion or give feedback relating personally to any of our guests or presenting team please contact us via a private message.
Our aim is to bring you the best in crafts, hobbies and arts and through our passionate team we will continue to do so.
The Senior Management Team

Nawty nawty! Own up.........

dizzy
10-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Wasn't me !!

Jacksmissis
10-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Nope, weren't me neither - I've already been asked today if I'd seen anyone in next doors garden yesterday as the humongous umbrella off their veranda has been put on the floor and 2 frogs have been painted with nail varnish, (the frogs were ornaments not real )- I was very polite and said eeh no, not seen a soul, how awful.

Deefersmum
10-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Nope, weren't me neither - I've already been asked today if I'd seen anyone in next doors garden yesterday as the humongous umbrella off their veranda has been put on the floor and 2 frogs have been painted with nail varnish, (the frogs were ornaments not real )- I was very polite and said eeh no, not seen a soul, how awful.

Go on own up poor neighbours! My father-in-law had a cherub holding a bowl on its shoulder (bird bath). Every year he used to paint its face in i.e. eyes and lips. It looked like the creature from the Black Lagoon.

Mangakitty
10-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Ooh, i'm not on fb otherwise I might have mentioned sara but I wonder who the comments were about, one person or a few. Eek.

Sue
10-03-2016, 07:36 PM
It was someone complaining about Hayley West on Sheena's show.

RozMinis
10-03-2016, 08:02 PM
It was someone complaining about Hayley West on Sheena's show.

Wasn't me then as I didn't watch Sheena's show, any of 'em as I don't do skulls or dead things.

Now if it had been Sara.............. well I have said a few things about her, but nothing different to what others have said about her overdrive sell, sell, sell attitude.

Roz

Sue
10-03-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm innocent too, because I haven't even got a Facebook account. I thought I'd just better make that clear. :bigg2rin: I don't like the 'dead things' either, Roz. I can't imagine sending a card with a skull on it.

Shepherdess
11-03-2016, 05:43 AM
When I read the top post I thought oh well someone has said something they shouldn't, then I read your post Sue and now I'm curious about what was said.

I've been feeling unwell for a while (first time in over 10 years had to get OH to buy son a birthday card) , all I want to do is sleep so missing out on watching C&C so got to get my excitement elsewhere and a bit of gossip sounds just about right.

PinkPig
11-03-2016, 06:53 AM
I missed whatever was said about Hayley too. I look at the FB pages of a couple of craft places but do not / would not have an account. I get quite shocked by the very rude things that people post that they seem to think is acceptable. So you might say why look at FB pages if they are unpleasant? Unfortunately it's the only place you are going to find out about what products are on etc. Another thing I have noticed about some of the FB posters is that they seem to be incapable of reading the posts on the sites as they ask the same questions again and again e.g. 'When are you going to be on Virgin?'

Samsfriendjean
11-03-2016, 09:21 AM
Good for Hochanda, couldn't agree more and its great to see them sticking up for their staff.

As for Hayley, I like her style of presentation and think she comes over as a really nice person. Don't know what she said but I can't imagine it would be meant maliciously.

Jacksmissis
11-03-2016, 09:33 AM
She is a lovely lady SFJ, I met her before I got my Gracie (Cameo) at the NEC and she was so helpful. The problem a couple of years ago was that she wasnt allowed enough time and space to do proper dem's on Silhouette stuff and everything was so rushed. She really takes an interest in what the guests are doing and asks the sort of questions that we would (IMO). Don't like anyone being slagged off behind theire back - if you can't or won't say it to their face you should keep schtum (IMO)

Clairea
11-03-2016, 11:22 AM
I saw the announcement but missed the post as well, I thought it was about Leoni as well from what someone on Feb mentioned. Wasn't me either though even though I'm not happy with hochanda

Mangakitty
11-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Hayley seems like a lovely lady but I can understand if someone said something about her constant interruptions on the sheena shows, because I noticed that myself.

Sue
11-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Yes, the poster complained that she kept interrupting Sheena to ask questions that she had already answered. When people do that it gives the impression that they're not listening to anything you say, but merely waiting for another chance to speak.
I must say that the comments were purely about her presentation style, in the sense that they only mentioned her incessant talking and interrupting of the demonstration to ask Sheena a question she'd already answered and nothing else about her. The comments under the Hochanda announcement saying thet they were 'personal' and insulting may have given a different impression.

RozMinis
11-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Another thing I have noticed about some of the FB posters is that they seem to be incapable of reading the posts on the sites as they ask the same questions again and again e.g. 'When are you going to be on Virgin?'

Those on TCC drive me nuts. Not only Virgin, but when are you going to be on Freeview. I have lost count of the number of times TCC have replied. I got so fed up that I did it for 'em, and told whoever was asking to cough up six million squid, then they would be on Freeview by the end of the week! TCC did at least give me a thumbs up for my answer. ;)

Roz

RozMinis
11-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Yes, the poster complained that she kept interrupting Sheena to ask questions that she had already answered. When people do that it gives the impression that they're not listening to anything you say, but merely waiting for another chance to speak.
I must say that the comments were purely about her presentation style, in the sense that they only mentioned her incessant talking and interrupting of the demonstration to ask Sheena a question she'd already answered and nothing else about her. The comments under the Hochanda announcement saying thet they were 'personal' and insulting may have given a different impression.

If that is the case then Hochanda are being a tad harsh. Many, me included, have complained on the C & C Facebook page about several of their presenters, especially Sally Jacks. Not only were we not castigated, but C & C obviously took our comments to heart as she hasn't been on for ages. I see we still have Paul wotisface on though, although it isn't as often as it once was.

Roz

sam
11-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Hayley does matter on and interrupt, so as long so as the comments weren't personal about Hayley herself, I don't know why hochanda can't view it as constructive criticism. If viewers are irritated and turn off it doesn't do hochanda any favours.

Deefersmum
12-03-2016, 07:28 AM
If that is the case then Hochanda are being a tad harsh. Many, me included, have complained on the C & C Facebook page about several of their presenters, especially Sally Jacks. Not only were we not castigated, but C & C obviously took our comments to heart as she hasn't been on for ages. I see we still have Paul wotisface on though, although it isn't as often as it once was.

Roz

I am going to say this and duck under the parapet!

If Hochanda are going to 'censor' Facebook to protect their family, are they going to also 'censor' some of the unneccesary nasty comments about C&C and their presenters? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I get it that some peeps don't like C&C so they have moved on to Hochanda, just get on with it, enjoy yourself but stop the slagging. If you want to make comments about anything to do with C&C put it on their page and they can decide what to do.

RozMinis
12-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Very true Deefy. IMHO there is no point making comments about Hochanda presenters on C & C, or TCC presenters on Hochanda, and so on. Put 'em where they should be, which is what we did with Sally Jacks. C & C even went to the trouble of saying that our comments had been noted, and sent to the appropriate department. Granted some of us did wonder if that was the case as it was their standard reply to everything. However as she no longer presents on C & C, though she is still on IW, so there can't be the same complaints there. As I seldom watch IW, it doesn't bother me who is presenting.

Roz

PinkPig
12-03-2016, 08:13 PM
She is still presenting on the American C& C - now that is funny!

Shelley
13-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Gosh! What's happening!? Recently got the urge to start crafting again, but every time I've tuned in to Hochanda it's been the Crafters Companion crew. Has Sara moved in lock, stock and barrel? I was really starting to enjoy the diverse crafting Hochanda were bringing to us, but now it's like tuning in to CreateandCraft. How disappointing.

RozMinis
13-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Afraid so Shelley. Very disappointing as they were heading in the right direction until Sara and 'the gang' took over. Several other companies moved over from C & C, Clarity & Rob Addams to name but two, but there wasn't all this yelling at the tops of their lungs about it.

Roz

PinkPig
13-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Is there an official 'Top Ten' of Craft Companies? Do we know who sells the most overall in the UK whether it be television, online or craft shop?

PurplePenny
13-03-2016, 09:23 PM
I really hope that when the launch is over things will settle down and we'll be able to watch the smaller companies again.

Shelley
14-03-2016, 12:24 AM
I really hope that when the launch is over things will settle down and we'll be able to watch the smaller companies again.

So do I PurplePenny. Today, I heard Dawn Bibby say that the craft industry in the UK is now worth an astonishing 17 billion. Now we know why some of these companies are monopolising it.

Deefersmum
14-03-2016, 06:35 AM
Is there an official 'Top Ten' of Craft Companies? Do we know who sells the most overall in the UK whether it be television, online or craft shop?

I don't know, but someone said on C&C the other day that they sell the most sewing machines and dies in Britain.

RozMinis
14-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Huh, I can quite believe they sell the most dies, most are designed by Ms Weightman it would appear. Sick of seeing the same old Couture (spl) dies. They have been flogging the same sets to death for over a year. Doesn't anybody want them? Must be like the Tonic dies that Dot has had on sale with 23% off for months. Nobody wants the blessed things, including me.

I don't know about a top ten of craft companies, but my betting is that very few of them would be in my top ten.

Roz

sam
14-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Toni dies are always in sales. How many do shops have to buy because they don't seem to be big sellers?

PinkPig
14-03-2016, 08:55 PM
I would just like to know what crafters choose to buy , not what is pushed at them by the television channels. It would be interesting to know - for example why do these companies make all these dies? They must have thought it was a good idea and they would sell well.

Victoria
15-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Well I buy what I want to buy - nobody pushes anything my way! And what I buy is cardstock, adhesives and my Silhouette subscription.

RozMinis
15-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Toni dies are always in sales. How many do shops have to buy because they don't seem to be big sellers?

No idea how many, but from what I have seen of other dies, Dot usually didn't buy more than five of each. Just so long as the order comes to a certain amount, then the supplier is happy. Can't remember how much Dot had to spend on the Woodware site a couple of months ago, but I know Christine, Jill and I bought most of what she bought. I think that was her last order before she and Steve decided to retire. I love the Woodware stamps, they come up with really unusual ones, so will definitely be missed.

Roz

PinkPig
15-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Well I buy what I want to buy - nobody pushes anything my way! And what I buy is cardstock, adhesives and my Silhouette subscription.
Which is good but I want to know who is deciding what we see, is it the tail wagging the dog?

sam
16-03-2016, 07:06 AM

I can't edit my post, but would just like to clarify that Toni dies are in fact Tonic dies - haha! - I've never seen or used Toni dies:topsy_turvy:

Fenpeper
16-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Surely the bottom must fall out of the die market soon enough? I belong to a 'sell your used craft stuff' page on FB and it is almost ALL dies from varying companies, often not even opened, so it would appear people are just buying dies and not using them. Personally don't like the look of die cut cards, they all tend to end up looking much the same. xx

Deefersmum
16-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Surely the bottom must fall out of the die market soon enough? I belong to a 'sell your used craft stuff' page on FB and it is almost ALL dies from varying companies, often not even opened, so it would appear people are just buying dies and not using them. Personally don't like the look of die cut cards, they all tend to end up looking much the same. xx

I've never heard of that - I'm off to have a look...............

Mangakitty
16-03-2016, 01:24 PM
I got 2 of my orders by DPD today and i've just had another apology email from hochanda about the delays and missing gifts, at least they email and say sorry. They obviously weren't fully aware of just how many of us would jump at the free postage for a month opportunity......I applaud them for admitting to problems and apologising, a lot of companies keep you clueless.

PinkPig
16-03-2016, 02:13 PM
I just got an email and it looks like they are hinting the delivery problems were with CC.

Deefersmum
16-03-2016, 03:17 PM
I got 2 of my orders by DPD today and i've just had another apology email from hochanda about the delays and missing gifts, at least they email and say sorry. They obviously weren't fully aware of just how many of us would jump at the free postage for a month opportunity......I applaud them for admitting to problems and apologising, a lot of companies keep you clueless.

It's a good thing peeps did go for the free postage. I watched a little bit of Debbie Shore yesterday and the dvd/paper piecing post was nearly £6.00.

Mangakitty
16-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Wowzers, that sounds very steep. C&C have had card bundles that weigh loads and still only charged £2.99, sounds ridiculous to charge that much.

Jacksmissis
16-03-2016, 06:55 PM
I saw a Robert Addams set a couple of weeks ago - think it was £34.95 - and the P&P was £5.95, its very expensive for lightweight packages. Think thats the reason most folk went for the CC stuff as well, not that they really wanted all the bundles but that it made it a good offer. I did like one of the bundles myself but couldnt manage it right then thats why I ordered smaller things then I'll spread my other bits over the month (thats IF they get things sorted for me lol!!

RozMinis
16-03-2016, 07:40 PM
I just got an email and it looks like they are hinting the delivery problems were with CC.

Now why is anybody surprised by that! Having dealt with CC in the past, admittedly not very often, I have found them to be so slow. Having said that, at least their customer services did get a wiggle on when I had problems with the Collall glue.

I have ordered paper pieces from suppliers on eBay in the recent past. Not only were they considerably cheaper, but also free delivery. As for a DVD, well EPP is so easy to do one wonders why one needs to pay to see Debbie Shore, especially when there are loads of tutorials on YouTube.

Roz

Victoria
16-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Which is good but I want to know who is deciding what we see, is it the tail wagging the dog?

Good question, and I'm not really one to answer as I'm not a 'typical' viewer because I don't buy anything from the TV channels!

The only thing I know for certain is this - I bought a lot of the Spellbinder dies in the early days as they were the only ones around. I used them a lot and then ..... I bought my Cameo. In the 3 years since then, I haven't bought one single die. Now, would I have continued to buy dies if I hadn't bought the Cameo? A few probably, but not a lot. So I can't really understand who buys all the new dies. They look very samey to me, so I honestly don't know how long this 'trend' will continue. There must surely come a time when the market reaches saturation point.

PinkPig
16-03-2016, 08:15 PM
That's why I don't have any dies too, not a one. I haven't had my cameo out this year yet. I have made my Easter cards without it but I have a couple of birthdays coming up so it will be coming down off the top of the wardrobe for those.

PurplePenny
16-03-2016, 10:14 PM
The person on eBay who has been selling her mother-in-law's hoard of dies still occasionally puts a batch on. I did a bit of totting up in my head and her MiL must have bought at least £1000 worth of dies. Some are duplicated, many have the C&C number sticker on them, and most have never been opened.

Julie
16-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Oh dear, I have duplicate dies, stamps, ink pads and pens.

I have 4 identical dresses, only one ever worn and probably about 50 identical t shirts.

I would worry about my memory but I have always been the same since I was a child. At primary school most of the other little girls used to constantly re arrange the inside of their desks, lining up their pens, rubbers, books and treasured belongings. I would just throw the lot in and every time I opened my desk it came as a complete surprise as to what was in there. :tears_of_joy:

RozMinis
18-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Oh Julie, what are we going to do with you!!!! ;)

I don't buy dies very often, though when I do it is because they are something a bit different to what I already have. All those months I spent searching for the perfect church die, finally got what I was looking for from Joanna Sheen after getting down on my knees asking, nay begging, her to come up with what I wanted. I just hope she has sold loads of 'em.

This last week I have acquired loads of the large Sizzix dies, and some of the Sizzlits type from Dot. I think hell is going to freeze over before I buy anymore. The same applies to rubber stamps, without Dot to tempt me, I won't know about them, so won't be buying. It is rare that I see any that I really like on any of the craft channels, but if/when I do I will make a note and see if I can find them elsewhere, probably at a much cheaper price with free p & p.

Roz