PDA

View Full Version : Quilt Clips ... how much?

elvie
17-03-2016, 08:13 PM
A few weeks ago I bought 50 Quilt clips from Amazon, £2.20 a bargain considering Hochanda are selling the exact same thing for £19.99. True I had to wait a few weeks for them as they were from an International seller, they are great quality with free p&P as well.

EssexAnne
17-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Thanks Elvie, just ordered some!

Deefersmum
18-03-2016, 06:08 AM
Blimey that's a big difference. Who was selling them for £19.99 on Hochanda? Must be a millionaire by now!

notmorecraft
18-03-2016, 07:01 AM
If you buy the clover branded ones they are expensive, got some free with a magazine a year or so ago, and then bought more, if you make handbags or sew leather these are great. Some quilters also use the metal hair clips, I'm rubbish at describing but they are kind of elongated C shape and split into an outside and and inside piece when you press on them to open, they are the kinds mums use to keep fringes off wee girls faces.

elvie
18-03-2016, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=notmorecraft;343775]If you buy the clover branded ones they are expensive.

The Hochanda ones aren't branded, they are in a plain white cello bag. So not the Clover brand.

notmorecraft
18-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Hi Elvie just looked on Hochanda site, another example of how shopping around on Internet can save a fortune.

RozMinis
18-03-2016, 07:45 PM
I have had some mega bargains via international sellers on Amazon, some of the sellers are also on eBay. I am more than happy to wait an extra few weeks for my goodies, especially if it saves me several pounds.

I have bought allsorts of stuff from Supermart, including extra bits for my Clover iron, all have been considerably cheaper than they would have been from sellers here in the UK. I did buy my iron from a UK seller, but even that was considerably cheaper than what C & C were charging at the time. In the end my iron was virtually free as I sold something on eBay that had been gathering dust for years, and at a much higher price than I had paid for it from QVC. Of course that could have had something to do with how much C & C were selling the same thing for. Anyway the buyer was happy, I was happy, everybody was happy. :)

Roz