PDA

View Full Version : please could I ask your advice.

luvtocraft
20-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I am not sure wether to get the ultimate pro or the enveloper pro.Primarily I want to make enveloboxes. I have a keepsake board and scoring board so cant decided wether to go for the cheaper option of enveloper pro or if I should get the ultimate as its all together. What do you think?

Wellington
20-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Hmmm - not sure if you can make the enveloboxes with the Enveloper Pro. On the Ultimate there are 2 score lines (like tramlines) a few mm's apart which makes the 'depth' of the enveloboxes. Unless the enveloper pro has been up dated, I don't think it has the tramlines - I am quite happy to be corrected on this though :D

IIRC, the Ultimate Pro may have a slightly different way of making envelopes & enveloboxes to my tired old out of date original - but I can't for the life of me remember what the difference was LOL

luvtocraft
20-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks welly if the enveloper pro doesn't do the envelobox then thats no good as thats what i wanted to be able to do. Guess I will have to go for the ultimate then and put it on birthday list.

Mistyblue
20-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Havn't got either of these just a normal scoreboard, just wondering ....... do I need one? :D

Phree
20-04-2009, 07:30 PM
It depends if you want to make yoru own envelopes MB, AND it also depends on how much paper you plan to use making them - you see for most sizes of envelope you need larger than A4 papers - so 12 x 12 or A3 which you then cut to the right size. I hadn't realised that when I bought the Enveloper Pro and therefore I really don't use it that often as althought I do make some A6 cards I tend to do more that are bigger and I just don't have large stocks of 12x12 papers or A3.

gill71
20-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi luvtocraft

You can make the enveloboxes with the Enveloper - not that I have one - I saw it on a webisode...

http://www.paperwishes.com/webisodes/?page=high&id=189

HTH

gill
x

Mistyblue
20-04-2009, 10:16 PM
It depends if you want to make yoru own envelopes MB, AND it also depends on how much paper you plan to use making them - you see for most sizes of envelope you need larger than A4 papers - so 12 x 12 or A3 which you then cut to the right size. I hadn't realised that when I bought the Enveloper Pro and therefore I really don't use it that often as althought I do make some A6 cards I tend to do more that are bigger and I just don't have large stocks of 12x12 papers or A3.

Thanks Phree, I do have alot of 12x12 papers that I could use up :rolleyes:

Wellington
21-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi luvtocraft

You can make the enveloboxes with the Enveloper - not that I have one - I saw it on a webisode...

HTH

gill
x

There you go, knew someone could put me straight ;) I'm assuming that one was for the American size papers. The bit that made me unsure was that when I checked on the CC site, it doesn't mention making enveloboxes on the Enveloper (http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/crafters-companion-25/tools-26/crafters-companion-enveloper-63.htm) :confused:

lolathelamb
30-06-2009, 08:17 PM
I have to say that, personally, I feel that life's too short to stuff mushrooms and make envelopes. But then I make cards by the several dozen and it wouldn't be a viable proposition to make envelopes for them all.
More strength to your arm if you do make your own envelopes though. I make matching/complimentary envelopes for family & friends cards. When I start to sell or make for charity, I'll rely on the readymade ones. I love my enveloper pro and use 12"x12" papers in it having bought a good stash with that in mind as well as my scrapbooking.

luvtocraft
30-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Bought the Ultimate in the end and took it with me on Hols to the Lakes in May. Was useful in the caravan as everything together.

Phree
30-06-2009, 11:14 PM
I have to say that, personally, I feel that life's too short to stuff mushrooms and make envelopes. But then I make cards by the several dozen and it wouldn't be a viable proposition to make envelopes for them all.

More strength to your arm if you do make your own envelopes though.

Life may be short, but that is never IMO an excuse not for pulling out the stops for those that we care about - and if that means taking a little extra time to make an envelope to co-ordinate with a card I have made then so be it.

For other things I tend to just use bought envelopes as it's definately easier and faster.

Phree
30-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Bought the Ultimate in the end and took it with me on Hols to the Lakes in May. Was useful in the caravan as everything together.

Glad you got sorted out luvtocraft. As I don't do decoupage much I never felt the need to do those enveloboxes, but if you do, then I am sure being able to make those for your decoupaged creations will very handy - and it's always worth giving work like that some extra protection from gettign squished!

anna_fran
01-07-2009, 11:58 AM
LTC, quite coincidentally I've just bought the Enveloper Pro as I wanted to be able to make 6"x6"envelopes easily. However I must tell you that the one we get in this country is not the same as that shown on the webisode. It doesn't have the little inset ridge that makes making enveloboxes easy, nor does it have the little embossing motifs at the bottom, the webisode shown is fairly recent so I suppose that particular model is for the US only. I expect you could make enveloboxes with the UK one but it would be more fiddly.

Alice3_2009
15-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi luvtocraft

HTH

gill
x

I bought the enveloper pro for this purpose and mine hasn't got the little niche thing in the corner!

Sorry didn't read the above post... I wrote before I read as I was cross!

I've emailed Crafter's companion though... it's just not on!

craftycat
15-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Haven't really used my envelope pro much because of the size of paper needed for basic size envelopes Haven't really solved the problem of envelopes for a non standard card size - something I do tend to make. Normally end up giving non-standard cards to people where I don't need to post and apologise for the fact they don't have an envelope.

Must be an easier way!

Alice3_2009
17-07-2009, 01:47 PM
I wrote and told Crafters Companions that mine didn't have the extra nib for making enveloboxes and this is the reply I got

"The video features the US version of the board, not the UK version. The UK
version is not capable of making the enveloboxes".

When I remarked that this was unfair

" I'm sorry to hear you feel like that, however, the UK version of the Enveloper was developed years ago, prior to the Ultimate board being released and long before the envelobox concept had been realised. The US version of the enveloper was not developed until much later after the ultimate board had been developed and therefore we were able to incorporate this feature into the US version".

So we poor sops can stump up the £40 for the Ultimate Pro then?

So I had a little look further and this is what the US can get

http://www.paperwishes.com/products/4001301

all for $19.95 (£12.13)

I am sure we crafting sisters would be happy to be given the newer version don't you?

Phree
17-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I wrote and told Crafters Companions that mine didn't have the extra nib for making enveloboxes and this is the reply I got

"The video features the US version of the board, not the UK version. The UK
version is not capable of making the enveloboxes".

When I remarked that this was unfair

" I'm sorry to hear you feel like that, however, the UK version of the Enveloper was developed years ago, prior to the Ultimate board being released and long before the envelobox concept had been realised. The US version of the enveloper was not developed until much later after the ultimate board had been developed and therefore we were able to incorporate this feature into the US version".

So we poor sops can stump up the £40 for the Ultimate Pro then?

So I had a little look further and this is what the US can get

http://www.paperwishes.com/products/4001301

all for $19.95 (£12.13)

I am sure we crafting sisters would be happy to be given the newer version don't you?

That pretty much sums up my view of Crafter's Companion - "make money from the suckers who buy our stuff - the more we can screw out of them the better".

I have found their customer service to be at best lack lustre and have seen posts on other forums from people who have had some shocking experiences with them. One of the reasons I don't buy much from them these days.

Alice3_2009
17-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I opened a new thread about this Phree...cos I was so cross. I've only had a quick look at mine and it seemed to involve sizing things up first, so I just sort of traced around my card in the nearest line. When I saw this mini video I thought great, I'll make some envelo's, then thought...this doesn't look like mine.

Now I know why so many are on sale on ebay!

Like I said their final reply was "It is a British company but we do also have an American office where we sell our score boards. Our UK customer do have the facility on the Ultimate. We will not be bringing out a new version of the enveloper as the ultimate board contains all of the features and more of the two original score boards".

So b***er the British card crafters now that they're in the US. What makes me even more cross is that things are much cheaper in the US... so why don't these companies look after their home-soil supporters? Humf!

Phree
17-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Because they don't give a rats ass is why Alice - lol wanna hear another beef about Crafter's Companion?

Here goes ......the so called colouriser..... PANTS - my freind Jess and I have both had a go at trying to get it to work - sorry you can't do it by guess work and that is what they force you to do. The create "design sets" on their CDs and then in another section have so called "Co-ordinating Backing Papers - the thing is the papers DON'T co-ordinate - if you have chosen say one of the design sets in blue and want a second paper design to co-ordinate with the then you will find that the tone of blue is wrong.... a warmer more greeny blue for example in the design set with cooler more purpley blue in the co-ordinating range of papers.... so you think OK I will try adjusting with the colouriser - but you can't cuz you have no idea what the starting value of the colours is and if the colours were not in the same range of tone to begin with then trying to match papers from the design set and the so called "co-ordinating" sets if pure guess work - a hit and miss affair which can make you waste a heck of a lot of printer ink and paper!

Alice3_2009
17-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Yes that's my beef with MCS and I emailed them (see professional complainer again) and told them. They need a numerical setting (as the simplest form) not a slider