PDA

View Full Version : Refund

RozMinis
29-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Anybody know how long it takes Hochanda to refund money for an order that has been cancelled? I ask because after much faffing about, not to mention either lies or somebody doesn't know what they are talking about, Hochanda finally admitted that part of my order was not in stock. The offered alternative was not acceptable, so I asked for a refund. I didn't ask how long it would take to be authorised.

I hope it isn't going to take the ten working days that I was told the original order would take as I have ordered the items from HixxySoft instead. If I haven't received it by Tuesday evening, it is after all a bank holiday on Monday, I will be complaining to my credit card company.

Needless to say my first unsuccessful order with Hochanda is going to be my last. At least I know where I am with C & C, and who to contact if things go wrong.

Roz

PinkPig
29-04-2016, 08:04 PM
It's not good that they don't seem to be sorting these problems out.

Lioness
29-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Roz, I cancelled an order on a Fri 19th (evening) and it came through on my statement on Mon 22nd. Refunds for some reason always seem to take longer to appear on statements regardless of the retailer. I think the credit card companies have to make sure that the original payment goes through before actioning a refund.
Hopefully you wont have to wait too long.

Jacksmissis
30-04-2016, 06:44 AM
oh Roz, so sorry you've had bad experience too. When they eventually did refund my money for the missing die it took just over a week. Each time I spoke to them (over the whole debacle) I asked if they would confirm whatever they'd said by email but it never happened. I just kept looking at my bank account. Hope it comes through without any more hassle chuck.

tricia
30-04-2016, 03:29 PM
It is so annoying that refunds take so long in view of the fact payments are more or less instant. I have sent things back to a company that I can see when it arrives back to them. But every time I am the one who has to ring and remind them, they do sell nice things and the only time I send back is if I am not happy with the item and it's free to return. But it is annoyance of having to keep checking my bank account and then make the phone call. Hopefully Roz it won't be too long and your money is back into your account.

RozMinis
30-04-2016, 06:09 PM
I have actually heard from them saying that the refund has been processed, but probably won't reach my bank account until later in the week. Being a bank holiday weekend doesn't help, but at least we are communicating, which is half the battle.

I ended up ordering the two thingies from HixxySoft in the end. Part 9 arrived this morning, which was the one that according to Hochanda had sold out. Part 10 will be another week, probably two weeks if Crafters Companion are anything to go by. At least I know HixxySoft will send it as soon as it arrives with them, and not at some future date when they happen to feel like it. Dunno why these small companies can manage to get things right, yet the huge ones seldom do.

After doing my sums, I also discovered that numbers 9 and 10 work out cheaper from HixxySoft than from Hochanda as both are on offer at the moment. The funny thing is I wasn't that fussed about the magazine as they aren't usually all that great, but there does seem to be some decent hints/tips in this one. At least it won't be consigned to the recycling bin as quickly as others normally are. :)

Roz

Deefersmum
30-04-2016, 06:31 PM
I have actually heard from them saying that the refund has been processed, but probably won't reach my bank account until later in the week. Being a bank holiday weekend doesn't help, but at least we are communicating, which is half the battle.

I ended up ordering the two thingies from HixxySoft in the end. Part 9 arrived this morning, which was the one that according to Hochanda had sold out. Part 10 will be another week, probably two weeks if Crafters Companion are anything to go by. At least I know HixxySoft will send it as soon as it arrives with them, and not at some future date when they happen to feel like it. Dunno why these small companies can manage to get things right, yet the huge ones seldom do.

After doing my sums, I also discovered that numbers 9 and 10 work out cheaper from HixxySoft than from Hochanda as both are on offer at the moment. The funny thing is I wasn't that fussed about the magazine as they aren't usually all that great, but there does seem to be some decent hints/tips in this one. At least it won't be consigned to the recycling bin as quickly as others normally are. :)

Roz

Saying this with my fingers crossed (makes typing hard!) but Hixxysoft should look after you OK. I have never had a problem with them and they have even reiterated via email if they are waiting for items on pre order.

Jacksmissis
01-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Yep, think all the small companies try so much harder to get and keep custom whereas the big 'uns don't seem to bother once they've "arrived". Glad your mags are ok Roz are the freebies worth it do you think?

RozMinis
01-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Not sure about the freebies in part nine. The CD with the papers and stuff is fine, but I doubt I will get any use out of the DVD thingie. The stamps I like, and I don't have any plain heart dies, so they will be useful. I ordered some sale items from Crafters Companion, it will be interesting to see how long they take to arrive.

Roz