PDA

View Full Version : Gemini

Deefersmum
01-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Did anyone buy this and if so, what's it like to use? They are saying that it's faster and quieter(?).

mjhoughton
01-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Saw it demo'd at the Motorcycle Museum craft show on Saturday. Was very quiet (quieter than it seemed on tv) and cut some intricate dies on one pass.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who's used it before I order one. My birthday coming up fairly soon and son has asked me to do his wedding invitations ... no pressure!!

M
x

mjhoughton
01-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Saw it demo'd at the Motorcycle Museum craft show on Saturday. Was very quiet (quieter than it seemed on tv) and cut some intricate dies on one pass.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who's used it before I order one. My birthday coming up fairly soon and son has asked me to do his wedding invitations ... no pressure!!

chrisuk12
06-05-2016, 11:03 AM
As a confirmed old cynic, I was not going to buy this machine!! I have various machines and have found no better than the Grand Calibur and the EBosser....The Calibur for embossing particularly and the EBosser for cutting. However, after watching the launch I was, surprisingly, very impressed and so took the plunge and bought one (I thought I could always return it if I wasn't happy with it!!). It was delivered in two days which is pretty standard for Hochanda, and before long I was using dies that I had previously given up on cutting without a lot a faff! This is really a light years away from other machines I have used. The cutting and embossing is second to none and the machine itself is a lot quieter that was heard on television and quicker passes too! To say I am delighted is a huge understatement. I don't usually go big on praise but I can't recommend the Gemini enough. I'm a heavy user as I make cards and wedding stationery, so need a machine that doesn't give me any problems.....this is the one!!

Clairea
06-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Have heard lots of bad things about the Gemini, won't emboss some folders or cutting dies plates are appalling dies get stuck in machine, lots of electrical issues the list goes on. Think half the first batch were faulty, Hoch refused to refund, told customers send Gemini back to cc rather than them and had to be checked before refubd given.
Plots of people on Fb were really peed off with Gemini hochanda and cc.

I woukd say wait 6 months until they have ironed out all the issues before buying one

RozMinis
06-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Bit like new computer systems. Let somebody else have all the hassle, then buy, download, or whatever.

Roz

alan1302
06-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Have you a link to where some of the issues have been? My wife has not heard anything bad about the machine and hers is working perfectly.

Deefersmum
07-06-2016, 06:08 AM
I'm not surprised there have been a few hiccups. Someone was complaining about marks showing up on her cards when using the Big Score board. She attached a photo and it was the same 'pip' marks from the original complaints on C&C.

I don't know much about the Gemini i.e. I don't know anyone who owns one, but I wasn't very impressed with the die cutting with the Die'sire dies at the weekend. Perhaps it was the machine or maybe the dies?