PDA

View Full Version : Unable to order online

Victoria
15-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Decided today to buy one item from Hochanda - unable to source it anywhere else. It would have been my first purchase from them, and in fact my first 'TV' purchase since buying my Silhouette from Create & Craft nearly four years ago.

I tried to register on my desktop computer, but there was a missing field in my address - a box highlighted in yellow. However, I couldn't edit the address, the yellow box just wouldn't accept any details. Tried on the laptop - same problem. Tried on a tablet - same problem.

I decided to phone Hochanda - not to order, but to see if this could be fixed. The adviser said that there was a problem with the website, that there had been issues with the website for a while, that it didn't affect everybody, and that no, she didn't know when it would be fixed. She said that I could order over the phone. I said that I didn't want to order over the phone and that I was keen to register in case I fancied something else.

She then said that I should keep trying online! I will probably try perhaps once a day or so for the next week, but if it's not fixed, then I won't bother again. Shame really.

Jacksmissis
15-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Its dire isn't it Victoria? No-one seems to care. Terrible, and such a shame, I've said it before that I'm not convinced that the boys and girls on customer services aren't abroad. They told me that they were only "set up" to accept IE or Chrome and thats why I couldnt order online! Then there was the saga of my order and bits missing which went on for weeks. The programme content quality has improved immensley, variety of guests and companies are good and prices arent half bad now - especially since they seem to have dropped the P&P to what it was at the start.

Victoria
15-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Yes, I agree. I use IE so it shouldn't be a problem. As you say Jacksmissis, it's a shame.

Sue
15-05-2016, 07:49 PM
That's terrible Victoria. I think I might have a go at registering, out of sheer curiosity, although I expect to fail because I use Firefox.

Sue
15-05-2016, 08:12 PM
OK, well I'm using a desktop PC Windows XP SP3 (aka an antique) and Firefox 46.0.1. I registered without difficulty and then put an item in my basket, went to checkout and put in my delivery and billing address. I didn't go as far a completing the transaction by entering my credit card details, because it wasn't something I actually wanted and I felt I'd tested the system enough since I hadn't had any problems thus far.
So much for "You can't use Firefox" that I've read a few times re Hochanda. It's puzzling isn't it?

P.S. Victoria, am I right in thinking I went as far through the registering/ordering process as necessary to see if it would work for me?

PurplePenny
15-05-2016, 08:54 PM
I was using Firefox when I registered and when I placed several orders. I didn't have any problems that I recall. I now use Opera and no problems with that either <fingers crossed>

RozMinis
15-05-2016, 09:04 PM
I mentioned this Firefox thingie on Hochanda's Facebook page a few weeks ago. I was told it was rubbish, that they were set up for any system. Not that it is much help if one can't use it, or any other system of course, but it just goes to show that customer services haven't a clue what they are talking about.

When I had the problems of my order still being processed I was more or less accused of being a cheapskate for only paying the minimum postage. I was told it would have been oh so different if I had been a Freedom member. Well that was a load of old socks, as it was actually Crafters Companions fault. Why couldn't they have told me that instead of all that other rubbish? Wouldn't have been because they thought if I was missing out I would have become a member was it?

Roz

PinkPig
15-05-2016, 09:31 PM
I watched the interview with the big cheese on the Hochanda FB page. I think the fact he wants to expand into Europe inspite of all the things he said about supporting the companies and customers here , and highlighting the fact the presenters are secondary to the product and demonstrator, it is the expansion that is driving his business. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised as the channel is here to make money not merely to entertain. They will be moving premises soon but he claims that will not cause disruption.

Victoria
15-05-2016, 10:30 PM
OK, well I'm using a desktop PC Windows XP SP3 (aka an antique) and Firefox 46.0.1. I registered without difficulty and then put an item in my basket, went to checkout and put in my delivery and billing address. I didn't go as far a completing the transaction by entering my credit card details, because it wasn't something I actually wanted and I felt I'd tested the system enough since I hadn't had any problems thus far.
So much for "You can't use Firefox" that I've read a few times re Hochanda. It's puzzling isn't it?

P.S. Victoria, am I right in thinking I went as far through the registering/ordering process as necessary to see if it would work for me?

You got further than me! The item I wanted was in my basket and then I was ready to pay. That's when I tried to register. I managed to fill in my name, phone number and email, and I also chose a password and retyped it. The problem occurred when I was asked to enter my postcode - my address came up, and when I confirmed it, it automatically filled in the blank spaces. Problem was that the second line of my address (the closest village) went into the 3rd box and so the 2nd box was empty. This was then flagged up and I was asked not to leave the 2nd box empty, but I couldn't do anything about it. Everything was stuck. So I didn't get as far as my payment details.

Thank you for having a go. It's very hit and miss isn't it!

Victoria
15-05-2016, 10:37 PM
I've just tried again, and same old problem. I forgot to mention that I sent them an email earlier on too outlining the problem. Let's hope that they get in touch with some sort of resolution.

Jacksmissis
16-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Don't hold your breath flower, they told me that so many times. Only thing I ever had were 2 emails promoting what they were flogginh the following week. If the boss is wanting to go into Europe, he needs to put his own house in order first, they won't put up abroad with what we have to here.

Do we not have any members down Peterborough way? Just wondered if the CS really is there, thought they may know?

NeroWolfe
16-05-2016, 06:23 PM
I watched the interview with the big cheese on the Hochanda FB page. I think the fact he wants to expand into Europe inspite of all the things he said about supporting the companies and customers here , and highlighting the fact the presenters are secondary to the product and demonstrator, it is the expansion that is driving his business. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised as the channel is here to make money not merely to entertain. They will be moving premises soon but he claims that will not cause disruption.

Jamie also mentioned that he would respond personally to any correspondence addressed to him. Given we don't know his email address (wonder if Customer Services will give that out if we quoted his promise!) it may mean resorting to snail mail. He needs to hear about all the problems directly so he can understand the customer frustration leading to loss of revenue and take appropriate action.

I assume they will stay in the Peterborough area otherwise they will have to start recruiting all over again!

Don't hold your breath flower, they told me that so many times. Only thing I ever had were 2 emails promoting what they were flogginh the following week. If the boss is wanting to go into Europe, he needs to put his own house in order first, they won't put up abroad with what we have to here.

Do we not have any members down Peterborough way? Just wondered if the CS really is there, thought they may know?

Yes, they definitely are in the building!

Sue
16-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Victoria, do you remember if there was an option not to enter your postcode for your address to be filled in automatically, but to fill each field in manually? If so, that may be a way around the problem.

Victoria
16-05-2016, 07:30 PM
I tried again this afternoon, even tried to enter it all manually but to no avail. I had also been having problems with another website and after googling, found a way around that problem (Tools, then Compatibility View Settings then ADD) which worked for this other website. So I gave that a go with Hochanda too, but it didn't work!

I decided to phone them again and the advisor today was sooooo helpful. She entered my address and now it's been registered so I can order online if I want to. I ordered the one item and I don't mind how long it takes to arrive (5-10 days or even more) as I won't be able to craft now for a while.

I wonder how many people are put off though!

Sue
16-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Oh I'm glad it's been sorted for you, Victoria, but sorry it has been such a bother. I hope Hochanda's IT people are investigating what's going wrong for some people so they can sort it out.

Serena
17-05-2016, 12:29 AM
I use mozilla firefox on a laptop, and have managed to register and place several orders since March. I may be just lucky, but hope this helps you.

Victoria
19-05-2016, 08:40 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when I got home from work today. The Hochanda order had already arrived - I only ordered on Monday.

Clairea
06-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Never had an issue ordering online with hochanda but I've had an issue with every single order apart from 2. Missing items missing orders, not taking flexi payments then taking them all at one. Taking money out of my account without my permission and then lying about it. I gave this company chance after chance they even sent me flowers for my birthday as they had screwed up so much. Even gave me number of manager if I had more problems guess he was sick of hearing from me, I have now told them where to stick it. Won't be tempted ever again to use this company before exoansion they need to iron out all their issues.
Im still waiting an order from April. Which they sent by Royal Mail even though I'm a freedom member. And it should have been sent by courier but they cancelled my membership even though it was free until July due to their constant mess ups.

i have to say I have never had an issue with c@c but Hoch is another matter every order has been problamatic never ever again will I use this useless company

Jacksmissis
06-06-2016, 04:21 PM
I voted with my feet too - such a shame.

PurplePenny
06-06-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm t'other way round - I had problems right from the very first order with C&C, but no problems at all with Hochanda.

Jacksmissis
06-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Ha!Ha! we should get some swop-a-shop going PP, have it delivered to each other !!