PDA

View Full Version : May Swap Received

Little Jan
24-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Here is my lovey card from Essex Anne
In one of my favorite colours
in fact I nearly did the same colour but as I had
only done the white part of the card I did a quick change
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g474/LittleJan/IMG_1214.jpg (http://s1103.photobucket.com/user/LittleJan/media/IMG_1214.jpg.html)

pyjama princess
24-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Oh now that's really lovely. You must tell me what the die is Anne.

EssexAnne
24-05-2016, 08:42 PM
PP it is one of the Tonic Verso Strip dies, can't remember the exact name though.

Mitzi
24-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Lovely card.

Little Jan
25-05-2016, 01:09 PM
My swap will be in the post tomorrow forgot to address it last night for hubby to post

Waterlily
25-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Lovely card, one of my favourite colours as well.

Mitzi
25-05-2016, 03:49 PM
I took mine to the post office today so it's on its way.

Victoria
25-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Mine's posted too.

I like your card EssexAnne. Very elegant die and a lush colour

pyjama princess
27-05-2016, 02:37 PM
My, thought provoking, swap has arrived from Victoria. Will post a piccie later.

EssexAnne
27-05-2016, 07:31 PM

30 mins trying to get 1 photo sorted and 2 come along at once!!
Anyway... many thanks to Glingle for my lovely delicate card. It has an embossed background and oval stitch effect layers. The die cut has delicate butterflies and tiny white pearls added. I love it , thanks.( what die is it please?)

Victoria
27-05-2016, 09:20 PM

30 mins trying to get 1 photo sorted and 2 come along at once!!
Anyway... many thanks to Glingle for my lovely delicate card. It has an embossed background and oval stitch effect layers. The die cut has delicate butterflies and tiny white pearls added. I love it , thanks.( what die is it please?)

I'm getting the Invalid Attachment message for both photos.

pyjama princess
27-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Me too Victoria.

EssexAnne
27-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Oh...sorry folks! Was showing on my side ...will try again tomorrow.

Mitzi
28-05-2016, 08:15 AM
My swap will be in the post tomorrow forgot to address it last night for hubby to post

It arrived yesterday, LJ, just as we were leaving for a night away. I'll post a pic over the weekend.

EssexAnne
28-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Trying again!,6224

pyjama princess
28-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Hurray it worked this time! It's a lovely card, as you say Anne it's 'delicate'.

pyjama princess
28-05-2016, 04:08 PM
My card from Victoria is a memorial to those lost in the Battle of the Somme.

EssexAnne
28-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Stunning and moving in one card.

Victoria
28-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Trying again!,6224

I can see it! What a pretty card. That's my favourite embossing folder in the background.

Victoria
28-05-2016, 06:37 PM
This is my card from Mitzi. I can tell that a great deal of work and thought has gone into it and Mitzi has kindly enclosed a note listing the materials used including: Anna Griffin embossing folder and large flourish die, Tim Holtz flower garland strip die, Couture Creations butterfly stamp and Sizzix label and flourish die.

One colour has been used to stamp the butterflies, then a damp brush to drag the ink into the wings, so no cheating - just the one colour on the white (and the brads are a perfect match)!!

I'm sure you'll all agree that it's a real beauty, well worth the hard work. Thank you so much Mitzi.

EssexAnne
28-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Wow...that is absolutely stunning! Well done!

pyjama princess
29-05-2016, 10:47 AM
A beautiful card Mitzi. She always tells me what she's used for her ATCs as well. I hope you realise how lovely this card is Mitzi because I know you usually feel your ATCs aren't good enough.

Waterlily
29-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Absolutely beautiful Mitzi

Mitzi
29-05-2016, 04:42 PM
A beautiful card Mitzi. She always tells me what she's used for her ATCs as well. I hope you realise how lovely this card is Mitzi because I know you usually feel your ATCs aren't good enough.

I really struggled with it as it's not my usual style / comfort zone. I ended up quite pleased with it, but think it's a bit too "busy". Glingle's card is more what I was aiming for, really.

Lovely of you all to say such nice things about it.

Victoria
29-05-2016, 08:54 PM
I really struggled with it as it's not my usual style / comfort zone. I ended up quite pleased with it, but think it's a bit too "busy". Glingle's card is more what I was aiming for, really.

Lovely of you all to say such nice things about it.

I don't think it's too "busy" at all, because of the colour scheme. It might have been if different colours had been used for the flourish/sentiment/butterflies/flowers, but white plus one works really well.

jube
30-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Have been away for a few days so just getting back into the swing of things and noticed the swap. Beautiful cards and they have given me the inspiration to get back into crafting.

Mitzi
30-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Have been away for a few days so just getting back into the swing of things and noticed the swap. Beautiful cards and they have given me the inspiration to get back into crafting.

That's great news. Even better if you join in the swap next month! Why not give it a go?

Little Jan
30-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Trying again!,6224
What lovely delicate card

Little Jan
30-05-2016, 04:22 PM
This is my card from Mitzi. I can tell that a great deal of work and thought has gone into it and Mitzi has kindly enclosed a note listing the materials used including: Anna Griffin embossing folder and large flourish die, Tim Holtz flower garland strip die, Couture Creations butterfly stamp and Sizzix label and flourish die.

One colour has been used to stamp the butterflies, then a damp brush to drag the ink into the wings, so no cheating - just the one colour on the white (and the brads are a perfect match)!!

I'm sure you'll all agree that it's a real beauty, well worth the hard work. Thank you so much Mitzi.

What a beautiful card
Looks like a few of us have gone down the red and white theme

Mitzi
31-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Apologies for the delay. I'm planning to get a new camera which will link directly with the computer and make uploading photos much easier.

Here is the beautiful card I received from LJ. I think the main die might be a Create A Card die and it's cut in a pearly card (Centura pearl?) which has a beautiful shimmer in real life but doesn't show in the photo. I don't recognise the flower or delicate butterfly die but they're both lovely.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/mitzi/Art/Craft%20Telly%20Swaps/LJMay16a.jpg

Then there are tiny red pearls stuck all over the card and white ones on the butterfly. I don't know how you have the patience, eyesight and steadiness of hand to stick them on so neatly. Gorgeous finishing touch. Butterfly detail:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/mitzi/Art/Craft%20Telly%20Swaps/LJMay16b.jpg

Thank you so much, LJ, for the beautiful card.

Mitzi
31-05-2016, 08:57 AM
My card from Victoria is a memorial to those lost in the Battle of the Somme.

Very moving. How did you make it? It's a bit reminiscent of one of the Royal Mail World War I stamps issued last year.

Victoria
31-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Another lovely card by Little Jan. Good choice of theme LJ!!

Victoria
31-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Very moving. How did you make it? It's a bit reminiscent of one of the Royal Mail World War I stamps issued last year.

One of the easiest cards ever. Just splattered some red Alcohol Ink on the white card, printed the sentiment on the computer and cut a few mats.

I'll have a look at the RM stamps - I'm curious now!

Mitzi
31-05-2016, 02:54 PM
I'll have a look at the RM stamps - I'm curious now!

It's the top left hand one of this set: http://shop.royalmail.com/the-first-world-war-1915/first-world-war-1915-stamp-set/invt/20150296

Victoria
31-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Thank you Mitzi. It does look similar. In fact I did think about placing one die cut poppy on the top l/h corner of the card, but I decided against it because its centre would have been black and I wanted to keep to the red.

EssexAnne
31-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Another stunning card LJ! Red and white goes really well.

pyjama princess
31-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Beautiful card LJ. The red certainly stands out when used with white.
Has any one heard from Glingle in the last few days? I wonder if she's received her swap card from me as I posted it a week ago.

Mitzi
31-05-2016, 09:25 PM
I haven't seen Glingle posting recently. I hope her health problems haven't got worse.

Little Jan
31-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Apologies for the delay. I'm planning to get a new camera which will link directly with the computer and make uploading photos much easier.

Here is the beautiful card I received from LJ. I think the main die might be a Create A Card die and it's cut in a pearly card (Centura pearl?) which has a beautiful shimmer in real life but doesn't show in the photo. I don't recognise the flower or delicate butterfly die but they're both lovely.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/mitzi/Art/Craft%20Telly%20Swaps/LJMay16a.jpg

Then there are tiny red pearls stuck all over the card and white ones on the butterfly. I don't know how you have the patience, eyesight and steadiness of hand to stick them on so neatly. Gorgeous finishing touch. Butterfly detail:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/mitzi/Art/Craft%20Telly%20Swaps/LJMay16b.jpg

Thank you so much, LJ, for the beautiful card.

Yes you are right it is a create a card die
And the card was centura pearl
The centre die cut is part of a tatty lace die
Not that I have the die I purchased a large set of white assorted die cuts off Ebug
And just colour them as needed
The butterfly die is a spellbinders one I got in a sale
Glad you liked the card

Waterlily
01-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Beautiful card Jan.

Glingle
01-06-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm here! We went up to Scotland last Wednesday for the Goldpanning championships and got home late Monday. My beautiful card from Pyjama princess was waiting patiently on the door mat for me. It is beautiful and I'll take pics and post them tomorrow. I'm just catching up on myself the last couple of days, I enjoyed being away and we had the best weather I've seen in the last 6 years of going to the championships, but on Sunday night I was crying with tiredness at 9pm!

Mitzi
01-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Goldpanning championships? Did you find any?

pyjama princess
01-06-2016, 06:15 PM
So good to see that you're ok Glingle. Like Mitzi I was concerned that you may be unwell.

Glingle
02-06-2016, 09:34 AM
Thank you for your concern. Hubby is the goldpanner, I'd love to have a go but it's not really comparable with a gammy neck! I am determined to get in a river with Hubby at some point though and have a go at prospecting. I blogged about the championships http://craftingbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/there-gold-in-them-there-hills.html

EssexAnne
02-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Here are the ATC's that arrived yesterday.
6236 This is Victorias' one with the cut out front which opens out to reveal the message inside 6237 Thank you. Fab idea!
Next is Mitzi's First Star A whimsical looking girl wishing on the 1st star....soooooo cute! 6238 And finally a really cute flying mouse fairy from Pamela. Thank you all and thank you for the "extra " 6239

Mitzi
02-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Oops, ignore this please.

Julie
02-06-2016, 09:25 PM
I love your blogging about the gold panning Glingle, what a fab way to spend a few days.

EssexAnne
02-06-2016, 10:12 PM
REALLY SORRY FOLKS! I thought I had clicked on the ATC thread! The titles look sooooo similar at a glance. Perhaps we could start getting a discount at Specsavers at this rate!! And to add insult to injury...The photos loaded straight away which was a first for me!

Glingle
04-06-2016, 08:50 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/carasmudge/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstogzden1.jpeg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/carasmudge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstogzden1.jpeg.html)
This is the stunning card that I recieved from pyjama princess. The centre flower is elevated. Love the zing of orange.

Victoria
04-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Another stunning card. The orange is indeed zingy.

EssexAnne
04-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Ystunning ...and I love the bow! Wish mine came out so neatly...must practice them.

Victoria
04-06-2016, 11:32 AM
I cheat with bows like that. I just make some different sized loops and then put another smaller loop over the middle to hold them together. Then stick the bow onto the strip of ribbon already on the card.

EssexAnne
04-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Thanks for that.....promise I won't tell!

pyjama princess
04-06-2016, 12:59 PM
I cheat with bows like that. I just make some different sized loops and then put another smaller loop over the middle to hold them together. Then stick the bow onto the strip of ribbon already on the card.

That's how I made this one. Only ever done it with paper/card but used ribbon this time as it was the perfect colour match for the Nuvo Crystal drops that I'd used.

Glingle
04-06-2016, 04:48 PM
I forgot to say the the inside is as beautiful as the outside. The insert had been embossed with a daisy chain pattern and each flower has an orange centre and there are beautiful layered label shapes to write on. I tried to upload a picture but photo bucket is having a strop and wouldn't let me copy the links (hence why I haven't posted my ATCs yet too)
Essex Anne, the dies I used on my card to you were from the Tonic sew pretty collection. If you look back a few days on my blog the exact ones are on there.