PDA

View Full Version : Trying again!

RozMinis
04-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Due to my complaining on the Hochanda Facebook page about my one and only order, and how I was treated by one of their staff, a lady from Customer Services contacted me last week. We had a discussion as to how I was not a happy bunny, so as a goodwill gesture I was given a free month Freedom trial.

I wasn't at all sure I would use it, but decided to have a go tonight as I really fancied the gingerbread die. Well what a carry on. Firstly I couldn't remember my password, sorted that out. Then as the card I had registered with them is no longer valid I tried to register the new one. Would it have it? Would it heck. Tried with my bank card, same problem. Just as I was about to chuck in the sponge I managed it.

Soooo fingers very crossed that this time my order arrives within the stipulated 5 to 10 working days.

Roz

PinkPig
04-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Good luck. The order they messed up for me was Silhouette so I am glad they are returning to C&C.

Jacksmissis
05-07-2016, 08:41 AM
I see so many things that I would like but I'm so reluctant to go down that road again because of the 5week saga of my only order too. I have tried (since I ditched them) to order online and I still can't do it (anyone who doesnt know it was a nightmare and the chap supposed to sorting things out said ther online order system only accepted IE and - I think - Google. Wonder if they've actually improved things or is it just us thats been unlucky? Lets know how you get on Roz!

RozMinis
05-07-2016, 07:12 PM
I'm using IE these days, mainly because I like to receive my Nectar points for my searches. £12 a year for doing nowt has to be good in my eyes. I also receive points for surveys, and for buying stuff on eBay/First Trans Pennine, and a few other places. I also go via Topcashback, so receive money from them too.

Anywhooo, I checked on the status of my wee ginger peeps earlier, and they are on their way. :) Bought a steam locomotive die via eBay a couple of nights ago. It arrived this morning, brilliant it is too, and only cost a smidgen over a fiver. :) Going to have a look on the Clarity thingie tonight and invest in a couple of the Christmas thingies that was on Hochy yesterday. I didn't like many of them, so no point in buying 'em.

Roz

Jacksmissis
05-07-2016, 08:56 PM
How you getting on with the Groovi's Roz?

RozMinis
06-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Love 'em JM. Great quality, and at a reasonable price. Bought the stockings and the baubles, plus the universal frame thingie last night, also the embossing tools to see if they might be better than the Pergamano/PCA tools I already have. I do think their parchment paper is a tad expensive, understatement of the year that. £30+ for 80 A5 sheets. No way. In the dim and distant past I bought from Joanna Sheen, also from Pauline Loweth, but more recently I nabbed the huge pack from C & C as I had one of those £10 voucher thingies to spend.

I also bought loads of coloured parchment paper from Dot at a knock down price before she closed. She also gave me and Christine loads of coloured vellum. Normally it isn't suitable for parching, but it is possible to get some nice effects with a ruler and embossing tool so long as I use a very light touch.

My ginger people turned up from Hochanda this morning, much to my amazement I might add. They are gorgeous, but it will be a while before I actually get around to doing anything with them as I have all this stitching of the pricked toppers to do first. There was also a C******** Crafters Companion CD in the packet, as I don't have any of the more recent CC CD's, I didn't have anything that was on it. I can't see me printing out any of the dark backgrounds, uses way too much ink, but some of the lighter backgrounds I may very well use if I find I am short of nice paper. Need more ink before that event I reckon, especially as my last black cartridge is in the printer.

Roz

Jacksmissis
07-07-2016, 06:55 AM
Thats good Roz, I must get my Groovi's out and have another go. Looks like Hochy have upped their system and procedures then.................still reluctant to try again! Can't believe its almost a year since they started and the camera work and the sound are a million percent better than at the begginning. It looks like Hayley W is a permanent presenter and she's very good, gives the guests time to speak and do their dem too. Like all of them think they're all nice.

RozMinis
07-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Much prefer the Hochy presenters to TCC's, apart from Dave of course. Though even Leonie is ok when she is on her own.

As for C & C, well there is only Dan I can cope with. Dunno how much he knows about crafting, but at least he seems to be quiet, doesn't pull stupid faces, or look bored out of his socks, so he will do for me. No idea whose silly idea it was to get those who have come from Bid/Price drop TV, but whoever it was obviously has a death wish for the channel.

Roz

Jacksmissis
08-07-2016, 07:16 AM
Think everyone thinks that about the Bid team Roz - I'm sure they're lovely people off tv but their effect on what was once a nice channel to watch has gone so far down now. I rarely watch these days and at one time I was shopping almost weekly, such a shame.

RozMinis
08-07-2016, 08:22 PM
There were only two I could cope with on the Bid channels, Paul from Portsmouth, I forget his second name. Steve MacDonald (I think that is the correct spelling) from Liverpool. Steve does demonstrate on IW, vacuum cleaners or some such thing. He also appears in a racing advert with Frankie Dettori. Haven't the faintest idea what the bookmaking firm is though.

Roz